The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Has anyone heard from Cardiff yet about offering interviews or anything as i thought in the email they sent to some, it said they'd let people know by the end of January...?
ah great thank you! and were the people nice, friendly etc.
Original post by charlotteemilyw
Adult! Really pleased but a bit scared too!!

That is really good! I really like surrey! I applied for childrens so maybe it's a bit slower haha
Original post by thea1
Has anyone heard from Cardiff yet about offering interviews or anything as i thought in the email they sent to some, it said they'd let people know by the end of January...?

I was wondering that but I found this yesterday
http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/for/prospective/undergraduate/applying/admissions-criteria/nursing-midwifery-studies/school-selection-procedures.html

It says the interviews for all nursing are all week of the 23rd of feb and midwifery the week after! And my friend said they only give a week or 2 notice for interviews so I'm guessing everyone who applied will hear with in the next couple of weeks!

Kind of scary knowing that anytime now we could hear haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anybody done the maths and English tests at Derby or Bedfordshire? Haven't done maths for three years so bit rusty 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1585
Original post by rachelhelm
I was wondering that but I found this yesterday
http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/for/prospective/undergraduate/applying/admissions-criteria/nursing-midwifery-studies/school-selection-procedures.html

It says the interviews for all nursing are all week of the 23rd of feb and midwifery the week after! And my friend said they only give a week or 2 notice for interviews so I'm guessing everyone who applied will hear with in the next couple of weeks!

Kind of scary knowing that anytime now we could hear haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh right wow, dont know how i diddnt find that!! thank you, that'll put my mind at rest and hopefuly stop me checking my emails every five minutes haha

so it looks like no news is good news atm...and we'll most likely hear start of next week then if its two weeks beforehand??

ye it is so nerve-wracking! but fingers crossed for both of us!
Original post by thea1
oh right wow, dont know how i diddnt find that!! thank you, that'll put my mind at rest and hopefuly stop me checking my emails every five minutes haha

so it looks like no news is good news atm...and we'll most likely hear start of next week then if its two weeks beforehand??

Yeah it's our my mind at rest cause I was worrying why I hadn't heard!! Yeah hopefully next week. What branch did you apply for? I'm children's
Good luck!!!
Original post by kregan1
hi i have an interview for york on saturday! what branch have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that's awsome, Adult Nursing. Maybe see you there? Good Luck
Original post by sssjay22
Hi! Can I ask when you submitted your application? And how long it took for york to get back to you? Thanks!

Hey, I applied on 3rd December and I received my interview on 15th Jan! hope you're not waiting too long!
Has anybody applied for MH Nursing at York? and have they heard back yet??
Original post by Awujo
I didn't have to sit for mine, Mental Health Nursing.

Hey how was tour interview for dmu? Love the uni want it to be my first choice!
Original post by thea1

I called them yesterday to check what was happening as they said to call if we hadn't heard by the end of jan- they said that there had been a hold-up so all interviews would be coming out early next week- so keep a close eye on emails and track!
Reply 1592
Original post by Jac800K
I called them yesterday to check what was happening as they said to call if we hadn't heard by the end of jan- they said that there had been a hold-up so all interviews would be coming out early next week- so keep a close eye on emails and track!

ah that's what i thought, i was tempted to ring myself!
i see,so basically this Monday most likely?? but thanks so much for letting me know! I'll let you know if i hear anything :smile:
Reply 1593
Original post by rachelhelm
Yeah it's our my mind at rest cause I was worrying why I hadn't heard!! Yeah hopefully next week. What branch did you apply for? I'm children's
Good luck!!!

same here cos I've now heard from all my other four! that's cool, i applied for children's too,definitely seems the most popular haha
goodluck to you too! :smile:
Original post by janec1
Aw im sure youll be fine! Good luck and tell me how it goes for you!! :biggrin:

Hey the interview was very casual it was only 20mins and we didn't even have a group interview!!! They said we will let you know in 2 days plus I just found out theres only 20 places which is scary :redface:
Original post by Navpreet75
Hey the interview was very casual it was only 20mins and we didn't even have a group interview!!! They said we will let you know in 2 days plus I just found out theres only 20 places which is scary :redface:

Aw thats not too bad! Oh god thats so limited! :redface: hope you get an offer! Good luck :smile:
Original post by libbyllj
How long did it take for them to get back to you? I applied in November for nursing and haven't heard anything

Hey libbyllj, I applied in October but interviews are taking place in February/March. You should get an invite via email a couple of weeks before you attend :smile:
Original post by janec1
Aw thats not too bad! Oh god thats so limited! :redface: hope you get an offer! Good luck :smile:

Thanks I hope so its a really nice uni especially the accommodation!! :smile:
Original post by tif_123
ah great thank you! and were the people nice, friendly etc.

Yep they were lovely..there was a lecturer, an admissions tutor, a mental health nurse and a few students and one of them sat at each table and they would kind of discuss things too, like agree with you or push the conversation in a different direction and when we were wrapping things up they were asking us general questions, like where we were from, where else had we applied etc, so they were really friendly!
Original post by GeorgiaMeghan
Hi, I'm applying for children's nursing at Worcester uni and I have an interview tomorrow. I'm still stuck on the object too, it's hard to try and think of something to take. Lots are taking watches and shoes etc. Where else have you applied to?

Hi my interview went well (i hope lol ) i took a toy stethoscope which is one of my daughters which they seemed to like, how did you get on? i applied to worcester bcd and wolves, failed maths at wolves but waiting to hear from interviews at worcester and bcu, where have you applied? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending