The Student Room Group

Makeup Uni Applicants 2015

Hiii i seen a forum from a couple of years ago which was really helpful so i thought id start another one. Ive applied for Media Makeup courses at Southampton, bournemouth, manchester and leeds. Anyone else? and has anyone received any offers or interviews yet? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by em campbell
Hiii i seen a forum from a couple of years ago which was really helpful so i thought id start another one. Ive applied for Media Makeup courses at Southampton, bournemouth, manchester and leeds. Anyone else? and has anyone received any offers or interviews yet? :smile:

Hi em,

My name is Gemma and I am currently studying Television Production at Bournemouth University.

I see Bournemouth was one of your choices so if you have any questions about Bournemouth town please let me know and ill be happy to answer.

Gemma :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by GemmaJewell2
Hi em,

My name is Gemma and I am currently studying Television Production at Bournemouth University.

I see Bournemouth was one of your choices so if you have any questions about Bournemouth town please let me know and ill be happy to answer.

Hi Gemma yeah I was really interested in bournemouth what is it like as a town is the night life good? Also do you know when about the date it bournemouth usually gets back to you or when the interviews are? Thanks
Reply 3
Hey! I have also applied to Bournemouth, Southampton, Birmingham and London College of Fashion! I have an interview at Southampton and have to submit an online portfolio for LCF. Bournemouth is my top choice by far, but I haven't heard anything back yet! Have you heard anything from any of your choices? x
Reply 4
I've applied for media makeup course in southampton, london, birmingham and bournemouth. southampton rejected me, birmingham have given me an unconditional offer and im yet to hear back from the rest.. Oh and i've sent my portfolio to London. Suprised south hampton rejected me without asking for portfolio or anything...
im starting in sep 2015 in manchester for makeup artistry, i originally applied last year but deferred it to 2015 x
Reply 6
Original post by rebeccaslane
im starting in sep 2015 in manchester for makeup artistry, i originally applied last year but deferred it to 2015 x

Hi, I have applied for Manchester this year! (and a few others) just wondering, how long did it take them to get back to you after you submitted your UCAS application? I have not heard back from them yet :-) thanks x
Reply 7
Hiii everyone sorry didn't see I had any replies, ive got an unconditional from Manchester and my interview for Southampton next week. I was declined from bournemouth without an interview which I was pretty annoyed about as I'm doing a media makeup course now which ive got distinction* in and alot of work experience. It looks like they're looking for art more than actual makeup experience

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Em - sorry to hear about Bournemouth. I stand no chance then!! How long did it take them to get back to you? Congratulations with Manchester and good luck with Southampton. I'm still waiting to hear back from Manchester x
Hi everyone, I applied to Bournemouth, Southampton, Salford and London. I got accepted for Southampton and rejected from Bournemouth. Got an interview for Salford this week but don't think i'm gonna go to it as the course isn't rly what i want to do and it's in a college rather than a university, just waiting to hear back from London now. x
Reply 10
Original post by philippamcgee
Hi everyone, I applied to Bournemouth, Southampton, Salford and London. I got accepted for Southampton and rejected from Bournemouth. Got an interview for Salford this week but don't think i'm gonna go to it as the course isn't rly what i want to do and it's in a college rather than a university, just waiting to hear back from London now. x

Congratulations on Southampton and sorry to hear about Bournemouth. I still haven't heard from them! I have an interview tomorrow in Yorkshire but that's also just a foundation degree at a college. I got declined from Bradford so waiting to hear back from Bournemouth, London and Manchester :-) fingers crossed x
Original post by harrfa1
Congratulations on Southampton and sorry to hear about Bournemouth. I still haven't heard from them! I have an interview tomorrow in Yorkshire but that's also just a foundation degree at a college. I got declined from Bradford so waiting to hear back from Bournemouth, London and Manchester :-) fingers crossed x

Hi Harrfa,

I am currently studying at BU and every application is different. Don't worry to much if you haven't got a response back yet! Each application usually takes around 6-8 weeks however, the offices where shut for a couple weeks around Christmas so this could also cause slight delay.

BU should get back to you soon, so fingers crossed!!

Good luck with your application,
Hi Gemma yeah I was really interested in bournemouth what is it like as a town is the night life good? Also do you know when about the date it bournemouth usually gets back to you or when the interviews are? Thanks

Hi Campbell,

I saw your post that you got declined from BU. Really sorry to hear this!!

I am sure you will enjoy University no matter where you go and if you have any questions about University in general im happy to answer.

Reply 13
Original post by GemmaJewell2
Hi Harrfa,

I am currently studying at BU and every application is different. Don't worry to much if you haven't got a response back yet! Each application usually takes around 6-8 weeks however, the offices where shut for a couple weeks around Christmas so this could also cause slight delay.

BU should get back to you soon, so fingers crossed!!

Good luck with your application,

Ah thanks Gemma. My application was submitted exactly 4 weeks yesterday, I guess I am just very impatient!

What's it like studying at BU? What's the accommodation and nightlife like? I really hope I get in. :-)
Reply 14
I have my Southampton interview in 10 minutes I'll let you know how it goes!!x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I have my Southampton interview in 10 minutes I'll let you know how it goes!!x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope everything went well!! :smile:
Original post by harrfa1
Ah thanks Gemma. My application was submitted exactly 4 weeks yesterday, I guess I am just very impatient!

What's it like studying at BU? What's the accommodation and nightlife like? I really hope I get in. :-)

Is it the Arts University or Bournemouth University you have applied to? Because I currently study at BU (Which is next door to AUB) so the accommodation may be different depending on which on you are studying at!

The nightlife for Bournemouth is great though. There are always student nights going on giving you plenty of options! Some of the big clubs that I would recommend include Halo, Cameo, The Fire-station, Yates, Bar-Me and many more! There also lots of pubs around and smaller bars that are great for a more casual drink.

Good luck with your application!
Original post by harrfa1
Hi, I have applied for Manchester this year! (and a few others) just wondering, how long did it take them to get back to you after you submitted your UCAS application? I have not heard back from them yet :-) thanks x

ehmmm I think it was June when I had my interview/induction and at the end of that week it appeared on my ucas. I applied through ucas in April. xx
I'm Nikki and I applied to do the BA in make up at Southampton and Bournemouth

I'm an absolute nervous wreck. I've been given an interview date for Southampton on the 26th March.
I have a few questions.

Do you HAVE to send a digital portfolio?
What have you included?
Sketch books?
Photo shoot quality make up on yourself is acceptable?
Are the 15 pieces just photos of your make up or life drawing pieces you've done?

I haven't heard back from Bournemouth yet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nikki x:biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by rebeccaslane
ehmmm I think it was June when I had my interview/induction and at the end of that week it appeared on my ucas. I applied through ucas in April. xx

Ah cool, I have my interview 15th April with Manchester (applied in Jan) have you decided on accommodation yet? :-) x

Quick Reply

Latest