The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Al-farhan
I honestly don't know the need you felt to post such a post.
Unfortunately it speaks volumes of your mentality.
Yes these isis are vile people we need to fight on all fronts, but at the same time no we do not should not and must not stoop to their low levels.
We as muslims we fight them and we show that we are not about what they are, we do not stand for what they stand, a wrong deed is not corrected by another wrong deed.

Nope anyone who joins ISIS should be left to rot they shouldn't be allowed to live on this earth with normal people. Also this is not about stooping to their level it's about getting revenge for a grieving mother and father.

Quite frankly they deserve capital punishment NO REHABILITATION NO FORGIVING THEM AND NO "BRINGING THEM BACK TO THE RIGHT PATH" they deserve nothing.

Honestly if i was the father in that situation then without no hesitance i would happily have them all killed. Actually the father of the pilot has called for every member of ISIS to be annihilated.
Original post by mariachi
Awlaki was undoubtedly a good speaker

he is also considered as being the mentor and inspirator of some of the most dangerous terrorists out there - like the famous "underpants bomber", Abdulmutallab http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umar_Farouk_Abdulmutallab (a former chairman of the UCL ISOC)

Let's look at the good he's done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goobypls
Nope anyone who joins ISIS should be left to rot they shouldn't be allowed to live on this earth with normal people. Also this is not about stooping to their level it's about getting revenge for a grieving mother and father.

Quite frankly they deserve capital punishment NO REHABILITATION NO FORGIVING THEM AND NO "BRINGING THEM BACK TO THE RIGHT PATH" they deserve nothing.

Honestly if i was the father in that situation then without no hesitance i would happily have them all killed. Actually the father of the pilot has called for every member of ISIS to be annihilated.

This is the Isoc. Take this to the Isis megathread.
Uh it's like my post was skimmed over and placed in an invisible bin. I talk about unity and you've completely ignored the message. SubhanAllah. Still about to spark a new fight on isis. SubhanAllah. SubhanAllah.

Spoiler

Spoiler

This has got to me my favourite lecture by Mufti Menk yet. Absolutely beautiful a MUST WATCH!!! I'm telling you even non religious people enjoyed watching it: [video="youtube;JWWqvRm7Mq0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWWqvRm7Mq0[/video]
Original post by goobypls
I applaud the Jordanians for executing those ISIS scumbags including that female member. Honestly the Jordanians should have just shoved them in a cage and set them on fire.

Anyone in ISIS deserves to be dead 100% because quite frankly Muslim or not they deserve it including the women that decide to join.

No Muslim should punish anyone with the punishment of Allah- The fire. But you wouldn't know that now would you.

And this post shows your childish mentality.
Ok everyone just calm down.
Imam Muslim writes in Kitaab Al-Masaajid wa mawaadhi'i As-Salaah under the chapter:

The virtue of prayer in congregation, and clarifying the stern warning against staying away from it, and that it is fard kifayah

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:

The most burdensome prayers for the hypocrites are the night prayer and the morning prayer. If they were to know the blessings they have in store, they would have come to them, even though crawling, and I thought that I should order the prayer to be commenced and command a person to lead people in prayer, and I should then go along with some persons having a fagot of fuel with them to the people who have not attended the prayer (in congregation) and would burn their houses with fire.

Sahih Muslim 651 b

Imam Abi Dawud writes similar narrations under the chapter: "The Severity Of Not Attending The Congregational Prayer" in his Sunan

Imam Ibn Majah puts it under: "Severe warning Against Missing Prayer In Congregation" in his Sunan

Imam Bukhari puts similar narration under the chapter: "Congregational Salat (prayer) is obligatory." in his Saheeh.

The purpose behind these narrations are to show how virtuous prayer in congregation is and to warn us of how serious it is to miss it.

May Allah allow us to not be among the hypocrites and be among those who visit the mosque regularly for our salah.

Ameen

Spoiler

The wives of the Prophet gathered during his fatal illness and Safiyyah bint Huyay said:

"By Allah, O Messenger of Allah, I wish that what is afflicting you had afflicted me (instead)." The wives of the Prophet looked at one another and winked. The Messenger of Allah observed this and said to them: "Rinse your mouths". They asked him: "Why?" He said: "Because of your winking at one another over what she said; by Allah, she is sincere and truthful."

Darussalam, (2004) The Honorable Wives of the Prophet, Darussalam, p.117
Aa’isha, Muhammad’s**wife, said, “O my nephew, we would sight three new moons in two months without lighting a fire (to cook a meal) in the Prophet’s*houses.”* Her nephew asked, “O Aunt, what sustained you?”* She said, “The two black things, dates and water, but the Prophet**had some Ansar neighbors who had milk-giving she-camels and they used to send the Prophet**some of its milk.”

*Narrated in*Saheeh Muslim, #2972, and Saheeh Al-Bukhari, #2567

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beautifulxxx
The Ummah is broken. Shattered like pieces of glass. Our brothers and sisters are being tortured across the globe. Their humanity is being snatched away. Their dignity has been stolen. They are being treated like animals. No respect. No tolerance. You've all seen the pictures. Whilst you're eating your yummy food, they are starving to death. When you're all tucked up in bed, they are freezing to death. You've a seen the clips. These people accept la ilaha ilalah just like you and me. Just like you and me. They are part of our family. And rather than uniting to help them, we insult one another, judge one another, hurt one another. If we were to unite, WW3 would spark because: "Hey he doesn't like my sheikh!!!!" We fight over stupid, trivial matters. We accuse each other of following ISIS. And we engage in silly conversations with narrow minded individuals. And then we say "Y'Allah why is this happening?".
What would the prophet sallallahu alayhi wasalam say if he saw us? Are we really the people whom he brought Islam too? Whom he raised the status for? Are we...? We need to stop acting like we are one of the four Imams of Islam because we are not. Just because you know one hadith doesn't mean you are qualified to give lectures. We need to stop being so self centred and acknowledge reality. This is reality! And so is the life after. There are bigger, more crucial problems happening. Wake up and try to do something about it. Regardless if whether you appreaciate it or not, Allah created us all different. You will hate somethings about one person, deal with it! Tolerate it! We are Muslims for the love of Allah. Muslims! Act by your label. Your religion has taught you everything. Our family is crying for us, screaming for our aid, and we are fighting over who recently joined ISIS. Let the SCHOLARS of ISLAM deal with that. Please. You can go empty your pockets, and answer that cry for help. We are an ummah subhnaAllah. An Ummah. The Ummah of rasullullah sallalahu alayhi wasalam. The best man who set foot on earth. How do you expect the non Muslims to 'tolerate' us if we cannot tolerate ourselves? Enough okay. Enough.

:yy:

Bump

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Epicurean
Out of interest, have any members here heard of the Achtiname of Muhammad and what are their views towards it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achtiname_of_Muhammad

Tradition says that the Monastery of St Catherine's in Sinai sent a delegation asking Muhammad for his protection and that Muhammad personally granted by charter, the protection of their Monasteries and Monks. The original document is now preserved in Topkapi Museum in Instanbul.

What is of interest is that this monastery has been remarkably preserved and protected throughout history. It would seem that the protection and preservation of this Monastery was upheld and possibly supports the document? This Monastery is unique among Christian monasteries. It is the oldest continually inhabited Monastery in the world, it was home (although now is kept in British Library) the oldest most complete copy of the New Testament, it is home to the oldest icon of Jesus in the world, it has the second largest collection of early Christian manuscripts in the world (second only to the Vatican) and has what is considered the best collection of early Christian iconography in the world.

It is remarkable that these early Christian works were preserved in a rather insignificant and small Monastery in the heartland of Muslim Egypt.

I've heard of it, and I also posted the charter before on the forum.

Another story, the Eastern Churches that were oppressed to a large extent by the Byzantines welcomed Muslims and when Umar (R.A) entered Jerusalem, he went to the front of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the people said that the time of prayer came, and they said why don't you go inside and pray? He said no, this is a Christian Church, if I go and pray inside the Church, this model will be followed by others; the Church has to be respected and he called the Christian Bishop and promised him that that the property and the Churches of all Christians will be protected, and he put his prayer mat in the street, in front of the Church and said his prayers.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beautifulxxx
How do you expect the non Muslims to 'tolerate' us if we cannot tolerate ourselves? Enough okay. Enough.

My favourite non-scriptural post on this ISOC so far, excellent message :smile:. Love it.
Original post by Ankabout
I'm saying you should be careful. :h: Wouldn't want IdeasForLife to get BannedForLife.

Thats a cool name. But yes you're right.
Disappointed at the number of people who are unaware of the Prophet (SAW)'s letter to St. Catherine's Monastery.
Original post by interact
Disappointed at the number of people who are unaware of the Prophet (SAW)'s letter to St. Catherine's Monastery.

That don't include me. :tongue:
Original post by K1NG93
That don't include me. :tongue:

:hugs::hugs:

Latest

Trending

Trending