The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

So it sounds like nobody felt their IM interview went well!!
Original post by LawStudent30
So it sounds like nobody felt their IM interview went well!!

I'm doing mine tomorrow - but it definitely sounds like the video interviews are trickier than the telephone interviews were last year!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mcrlawstudent
Well that's it, I'm officially done. I received offers from Jones Day, Allen & Overy, Freshfields, Slaughter and May and Clifford Chance.

I will be on the Slaughter and May Easter scheme and I have opted to accept A&O and Freshfields for summer.

I will be at A&O on the 22 June - 10 July scheme and Freshfields on the 13 July - 31 July scheme.

That's a very impressive list of offers! Congratulations :smile: may I ask when did you interview at Slaughters and hear back from them though? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HoneyBee67
Just done my IM video interview - pretty tough!

tell me about it! i hate them. they feel so artificial. I wonder if we got the same set of questions. mind if I pm you?
Original post by qazwer
Hey, I have an interview later this week. Have you got any tips on how to prepare? Thank you!

Heya sure. There's nothing much to prepare for the written case study (it's the least challenging one out of all the ACs I have been to) - no specific requirement of knowledge, very fun to do. But keep track of time though because you've only got 1 hr to read everything and write.

Followed by an interview with HR - they're very nice and ask the usual why law, why their firm, what are your traits kind of questions.

It is very manageable and the Ashurst people are all very nice :smile: so don't worry at all. All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by givemegoodnews
Was it linklaters? I had that today :smile:

No it wasn't! Hope yours went well :smile:
Original post by pasdesdeux
Reed Smith interview invite

Can I ask when you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2127
Original post by school_freak
congrats! i have my interview tomorrow, do you have any advice/tips? thanks :smile:

Thank you :smile: my experience was that it was very personal, like they want to get to know you as a person. I had no tricky questions, however another candidate who was interviewed at the same time was quizzed on economics/politics because I think that was their degree subject!
Reply 2128
Original post by zenstars
Heya sure. There's nothing much to prepare for the written case study (it's the least challenging one out of all the ACs I have been to) - no specific requirement of knowledge, very fun to do. But keep track of time though because you've only got 1 hr to read everything and write.

Followed by an interview with HR - they're very nice and ask the usual why law, why their firm, what are your traits kind of questions.

It is very manageable and the Ashurst people are all very nice :smile: so don't worry at all. All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really reassuring, thank you! Good luck!!
Original post by crazyangelg
Can I ask when you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

On deadline day :smile:
Original post by pasdesdeux
On deadline day :smile:

Oh okay when did you did do the test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by de jure
Wow, that's amazing, congratulations! Couldn't you do another scheme during August?

Thank you! Unfortunately not, I applied to the Freshfields August scheme but it filled up before I received an offer (as they recruit rolling). If I did make it onto that scheme I would have done CC too, but because it was full I could only fit in 2 of my offers in the summer.

That's a very impressive list of offers! Congratulations :smile: may I ask when did you interview at Slaughters and hear back from them though? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you zenstars, the Slaughter Easter scheme wasn't actually interviewed, it was based solely on the online application form!
Original post by crazyangelg
Oh okay when did you did do the test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yesterday I believe
Reply 2133
Finally completed IM interview - definitely felt the pressure!
Original post by Cp778
Finally completed IM interview - definitely felt the pressure!

Mind if I pm you to see if we got the same questions? I'm sure you did well. Bit of pressure normally makes people perform better I find
Reply 2135
Original post by DonnieCA
Mind if I pm you to see if we got the same questions? I'm sure you did well. Bit of pressure normally makes people perform better I find

Hey - of course pm me :smile: thanks haha but I don't know - I felt I paused quite a bit (sometimes when pressure is on it's like all of the words disappear out of my head)
Reply 2136
Has anyone heard back from Pinsent Masons?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DonnieCA

Can pm me too if you like :smile:
Reply 2138

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry quick question I forgot to ask, is the written task typed or handwritten?
Hey has anyone had their IM video interview, if so what's it like?
Would you mind sharing a few questions...
Never ever had an interview eek!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending