The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Offer Holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xLippyx
Thats great! Im just waiting for 1 uni to reply back at the moment but as soon as they do ill be firming! And as for colleges i have no idea haha im torn between Furness, Grizedale and County!

I was in the same situation but I withdrawal the last uni. Grizedale is the best college for marketing since the building you will have the most of the courses is at less than 1 min from you, it's like in front of your building :biggrin:
Bowland is the oldest college and it's situated in the middle of the campus. And furness is the quitest from what i've heard. :biggrin:
You can check all the colleges, with 360 pictures too, when you recive the offer you will get acces to Lancaster's app. Check it out! :biggrin:
Good luck!

-Vlad
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 221
Original post by mcristinabianca
They should have sent you an email with your username and password for iLancaster(their official app). Once you have downloaded that and logged in, click on "Book a visit". The open days should be there. Hope this helps:smile:

Aah okay, thank you so much! I've been on the app but I didn't realise that!
Reply 222
Original post by Vlad.Str
I was in the same situation but I withdrawal the last uni. Grizedale is the best college for marketing since the building you will have the most of the courses is at less than 1 min from you, it's like in front of your building :biggrin:
Bowland is the oldest college and it's situated in the middle of the campus. And furness is the quitest from what i've heard. :biggrin:
You can check all the colleges, with 360 pictures too, when you recive the offer you will get acces to Lancaster's app. Check it out! :biggrin:
Good luck!

-Vlad

Thanks I havent been to the campus yet but ive been looking on the app and the Grizedale accommodation looks really nice! Ive been leaning towards that one for a while but it such a hard decision hahaha tbh it was more hard for me than choosing unis :rolleyes:
Original post by xLippyx
Thanks I havent been to the campus yet but ive been looking on the app and the Grizedale accommodation looks really nice! Ive been leaning towards that one for a while but it such a hard decision hahaha tbh it was more hard for me than choosing unis :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter so much, the thing that matters the most with colleges is the location. Don't think that if you choose a college you won't be able to interact with others:smile: It's a 5 minute walk between colleges.
Reply 224
Original post by Vlad.Str
It doesn't matter so much, the thing that matters the most with colleges is the location. Don't think that if you choose a college you won't be able to interact with others:smile: It's a 5 minute walk between colleges.

haha dont worry I dont think that! im hoping to visit the campus next month, so ill just make my decision once ive seen the accommodation for myself :smile:
They should have sent you an email with your username and password for iLancaster(their official app). Once you have downloaded that and logged in, click on "Book a visit". The open days should be there. Hope this helps:smile:
Did you get this email on the same day as your track one?
Has anyone been on a biomedical and life sciences applicant visit day yet? Im booked for the 18th Feb :smile: just wanted to get opinions on how the day was, and its content, thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aleea03
Firmed Lancaster for Natural Sciences with an Unconditional Offer!!!

I've also just firmed for NastSci. I look forward to meeting you.
Original post by kathykathykathy
Did you get this email on the same day as your track one?

Yes.
Yes.
I wonder how I'm supposed to book a visit day if I didn't receive the email. :confused:
Are all the colleges catered? Which is best for a business studies student?
going lancaster law open day tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
I mean Saturday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone going down on the 7th of march for engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by realunited
Are all the colleges catered? Which is best for a business studies student?

You can get catered accommodation is these accommodation types:
Bowland College - Basic Standard rooms
Cartmel College - Superior Ensuite rooms
County College - Basic and Superior Ensuite rooms
Lonsdale College - Superior Ensuite rooms

If you're in another type of accommodation you can buy a 'Student Refuel Card' (http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/eat/eatatrefuel.php) which gives you breakfast and dinner every day (like in catered accommodation) on a yearly or termly basis. This is a bit more expensive than going straight for catered accomodation, though.
Original post by Kathiye
You can get catered accommodation is these accommodation types:
Bowland College - Basic Standard rooms
Cartmel College - Superior Ensuite rooms
County College - Basic and Superior Ensuite rooms
Lonsdale College - Superior Ensuite rooms

If you're in another type of accommodation you can buy a 'Student Refuel Card' (http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/eat/eatatrefuel.php) which gives you breakfast and dinner every day (like in catered accommodation) on a yearly or termly basis. This is a bit more expensive than going straight for catered accomodation, though.

Thank you! Which one is closest to the management school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Anyone going down on the 7th of march for engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not going to the 7th March, but just been down on the 31st Jan for engineering
Original post by devangdave
Not going to the 7th March, but just been down on the 31st Jan for engineering

How was it? Were the facilities good? Also, are you going to firm them?

I'm firming Nottingham but trying to decide on an insurance choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 238
Grizedale! :smile:
Original post by realunited
thank you! Which one is closest to the management school?

posted from tsr mobile
Which is the best college if doing medicine? Still waiting for post interview decision but really hope I do get it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending