The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little
Is Balotelli injured?

No. Just ****.
Original post by Bubzeh
No. Just ****.

So has he been permanently dropped then or what? When was the last time he played?

Something's not right if he can't even make the bench for a cup game.
Original post by Wilfred Little
So has he been permanently dropped then or what? When was the last time he played?

Something's not right if he can't even make the bench for a cup game.

He's basically been told he won't make the team until he completely alters his gameplay.
Original post by sr90
It's the only trophy we have any chance of winning, and he can't use the excuse of resting players because we're not in Europe. Plus i'm sure the players want to win it too, we have won it once since the turn of the century which is an appalling record considering our successes elsewhere. Ferdinand never won it in the 12 years he was at the club and Rooney hasn't either.

Yeah, he's spoken about how he's always won a trophy in his first season - and he'll want to keep that going. Give the teams already out, and your run so far, you'd have to be favourites for it. I fancy West Ham as an outside bet.
Rooting for Bolton, not out of spite against the big team, but I've got money on Palace to win the cup & don't particularly want you to knock them out
close :/
That's a fantastic turn and pass from Lallana to tee up Sterling there. So close.
Oh dear God, I can't deal with Phil Neville's commentary. Gary is way better.
Phil Neville: "He was just offside there" ...no he wasn't! He was level & probably fractionally behind the Bolton defender. He's talking way too much for a co-commentator :angry:
Feel for you guys if you can't win this, so many awesome chances.

....and my acca just needs you guys now (well others in-play too but all going my way)
There's a few commentator-friendly phrases I hate, but Phil Neville is a walking textbook on how to grind my gears.
Our forwards are hopeless infront of goal, final ball has been lacking too.
i wonder what coutinho's stats are like in terms of beating players.
it's astounding how many men he beats with ease and how seldom he loses possession.
conversely, lallana is skillful but he loses the ball so much more than i would like.

mignolet looks weirdly better.
not sure if it's the system or the threat of being replaced, but he looks so much more comfortable and confident now; seems to actually make the right decision.

overall, bolton as in the first leg haven't really done anything.
they've had decent possession but their lack of quality has broken down most of their attacks before they can get a real chance.
as the commentators were saying, bolton are playing so high that a simple ball over the top puts sterling in on goal.

really don't want ET, not with everton and spurs coming up so soon.
Original post by samir12
Our forwards are hopeless infront of goal, final ball has been lacking too.

Coutinho has been dictating the pace again, but Markovic and Moreno need to get forward with more urgency. Sterling was a whisker away from giving us the lead, and that changes the game's complexion entirely.

Allen has been absolutely anonymous - time for a sub, I think. Gerrard hasn't contributed massively, either, but Bolton are a well organised unit and we just need that goal now.

Mignolet and the back three have been spot on - aside from losing the man at that early free-kick and giving him a free header.
good game so far..

as with the first game, you guys would be miles away if you had a decent goal scorer.

Sturridge to come on with the winner it seems
We mustn't put too much emphasis on Sturridge, though. Recipe for disaster.
Fantastic tackle & save, Sterling seemed hesitant.
We can't afford extra-time tonight.

Sterling looks absolutely ****ed.
Damn it Pool danna ruin the acca, returns not really big enough to warrant laying you at current odds as you're heading towards evens...
they're trying to injure sterling on purpose simply because he's too good for their defenders.

classy play bolton.

Quick Reply

Latest