The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Adult Nursing Sept 2015

Hello! Just seeing if anyone applied to do adult nursing at University Hertfordshire for Sept 2015? See people have interviews for child nursing...anyone got a interview/offer for adult nursing? :-)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HappyToast
Hello! Just seeing if anyone applied to do adult nursing at University Hertfordshire for Sept 2015? See people have interviews for child nursing...anyone got a interview/offer for adult nursing? :-)

Hey, I've applied to Hertfordshire, got an interview in March, what about you?:smile:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Hiya, I've applied for Nursing at Hertfordshire. Had my interview yesterday. Hope it wont be a long wait. Good luck for your applications. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by BellaPembers
Hiya, I've applied for Nursing at Hertfordshire. Had my interview yesterday. Hope it wont be a long wait. Good luck for your applications. :smile:

How did your interview go, I have one in March.
Reply 4
Original post by faketalesofg
Hey, I've applied to Hertfordshire, got an interview in March, what about you?:smile:

So do I 😄
Original post by Jahza
So do I

what day/time? Might see you there? have you prepared?

What was it like?
Reply 7

On the 26th at 1 I think. :smile:
Reply 8

And I'm preparing all through February by reading up on articles.
Original post by Jahza
And I'm preparing all through February by reading up on articles.

Mine's on the 19th March, im so nervous :frown:
What was it like?

Mine was for LD nursing at a different campus so I expect a lot different to adult or child. I had a maths and English test. For maths u needed 4/10 to pass. It was gcse standard. And we had a presentation and one on one interview. Was a really good day. My top choice so really hoping I get accepted x
Reply 11
Mine's on the 19th March, im so nervous :frown:

Yeah. I'm so nervous to, but hopefully we shall over come them. :biggrin:
Reply 12
Mine was for LD nursing at a different campus so I expect a lot different to adult or child. I had a maths and English test. For maths u needed 4/10 to pass. It was gcse standard. And we had a presentation and one on one interview. Was a really good day. My top choice so really hoping I get accepted x

4/10 to pass, do think it will be the same for adult nursing.... And what did you do in your English test, was it an essay ?
Original post by Jahza
4/10 to pass, do think it will be the same for adult nursing.... And what did you do in your English test, was it an essay ?

The English was based around learning disability so you will have something different. I believe the maths is similar as I've seen other posts from people who have attended for adult interview's and they also said 4\10.
Hi,

I have an interview all the way in May... i wanted to know if anyone else has one around about that time or even same day.

how did your interview go? what sort of questions did they ask you?

reply would eb much apreciated :smile:

x
What was it like?

Hey I had an interview for Adult Nursing couple of weeks ago and the interview was good- we had our maths and English tests first both make you think but not difficult (make sure you know your basic multiplication and conversions) we then had a presentation and a group interview where we had to discuss a scenario.. just make sure you show an interest and make valid points. Finally we had our one to one interview which was quite intense as far as interviews go In my opinion, I was asked to explain the 6 C's, what qualities I have and then discuss a scenario which was to me quite challenging as the interviewer kept pushing me more and more which is understandable!
Good luck, you'll be fine! x
Reply 16
Original post by jessicalsimmsox
Hey I had an interview for Adult Nursing couple of weeks ago and the interview was good- we had our maths and English tests first both make you think but not difficult (make sure you know your basic multiplication and conversions) we then had a presentation and a group interview where we had to discuss a scenario.. just make sure you show an interest and make valid points. Finally we had our one to one interview which was quite intense as far as interviews go In my opinion, I was asked to explain the 6 C's, what qualities I have and then discuss a scenario which was to me quite challenging as the interviewer kept pushing me more and more which is understandable!
Good luck, you'll be fine! x

That's what I'm a bit shaky on, maths is not really one of my strong points :s. sounds like your interview went really well, have u got your reply from them yet,
Just do some revision, the links they provide are a good help! It's basic maths but difficult when you haven't done it in ages.. And nope not yet they said they will get back within 10 working days.. Where else you applied to? X
Reply 18
Original post by jessicalsimmsox
Just do some revision, the links they provide are a good help! It's basic maths but difficult when you haven't done it in ages.. And nope not yet they said they will get back within 10 working days.. Where else you applied to? X

Yeah, I haven't done maths in 3 years.. I feel so exhausted doing it. I've applied for Chester (3rd March) and Southampton. What about you ?
Original post by Jahza
Yeah, I haven't done maths in 3 years.. I feel so exhausted doing it. I've applied for Chester (3rd March) and Southampton. What about you ?

Derby which I had in Jan, Hertfordshire, Sheffield Hallam and Northampton.. It's so daunting waiting for replies isn't it! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending