The Student Room Group

The 2015 Six Nations Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Six Nations this year will probably be hope vs expectations.
Hope: England thrash all other opponents and every injured player makes a miracle recovery.
Expectation: Wales thrash England, who injure another 20 players in the process.
Should be an interesting Six Nations, being the last before the World Cup.

Ireland
England
France
Wales
Scotland
Italy.
Any one of three, but I can't see past Ireland.

I also predict Scotland to amaze everyone by finishing 3rd.
Ireland, hopefully.

If not, then probably England.
Reply 24
Original post by WilJones138
Prediction:
Ireland
Wales
France
England
Scotland
Italy

I'm Welsh btw, Cymru am byth! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with this - but, yeah, I am Irish. :smile:
England team for Wales:

1: Joe Marler 2: Dylan Hartley 3: Dan Cole
4: George Kruis 5: Dave Attwood
6: James Haskell 8: Billy Vunipola 7: Chris Robshaw (c)

9: Ben Youngs 10: George Ford
12: Luther Burrell 13: Jonathan Joseph
11: Jonny May 15: Mike Brown 14: Anthony Watson

Bench: Tom Youngs, Mako Vunipola, Kieran Brookes, Nick Easter, Tom Croft, Richard Wigglesworth, Danny Cipriani, Billy Twelvetrees

It looks stronger than I expected to be honest. There's nothing wrong with the run-on team, but I'd rather not have people like Easter and Cipriani on the bench.

EDIT: Team confirmed, slightly worried about the bench.
(edited 9 years ago)
If Scotland win I'll drink my own piss.
I think it is going to be

England
Ireland
Wales
Scotland
France
Italy

Scotland clubs looking good, french not so good,
(edited 9 years ago)
France team for Scotland:

1: Alexandre Menini 2: Guilhem Guirado 3: Rabah Slimani
4: Pascal Papé 5: Yoann Maestri
6: Bernard Le Roux 8: Damien Chouly 7:
Thierry Dusautoir (c)

9: Rory Kockott 10: Camille Lopez
12: Wesley Fofana 13: Mathieu Bastareaud
11: Teddy Thomas 15: Scott Spedding 14: Yoann Huget

Bench: Benjamin Kayser, Uini Atonio, Eddy Ben Arous, Romain Taofifenua, Loann Goujon, Morgan Parra, Rémi Talès, Rémi Lamerat

The backs look strong; the forwards I really don't know. Some newish names in there for sure.
In other news, England have said that unless it is raining on Friday night the Millennium Stadium roof will be open.
Reply 30
Original post by O133
In other news, England have said that unless it is raining on Friday night the Millennium Stadium roof will be open.

Visitors decide?
Original post by dhr90
Visitors decide?

Both teams must agree to have it closed, otherwise it is open. Wales want it shut, England want it open, so open it will be.
Reply 32
Original post by O133
Both teams must agree to have it closed, otherwise it is open. Wales want it shut, England want it open, so open it will be.

Hmm. Aside from the difference in temperature and maybe humidity, what difference does it really make? I get the whole psychological point of getting your way and one upping the other team from the start, but anything else?
Original post by dhr90
Hmm. Aside from the difference in temperature and maybe humidity, what difference does it really make? I get the whole psychological point of getting your way and one upping the other team from the start, but anything else?

The noise reverberates off the roof and allows the Welsh fans to build a louder atmosphere, and I'm sure they did a study in the Forsyth Barr Stadium in Dunedin, NZ, which has a fixed roof, and found it affects the kicks at goal. :confused:
Reply 34
Original post by dhr90

I went to the Millennium Stadium in May (and spent five hours doing a 2.5 hour journey and missing kick off and then losing, but that's beside the point) and with the roof closed the atmosphere was really really weird. I can't say what it was about it, maybe it was where I was sitting, but it wasn't as good an atmosphere as I expected. Maybe I'm just not used to watching rugby indoors.
Original post by leahdw
I went to the Millennium Stadium in May (and spent five hours doing a 2.5 hour journey and missing kick off and then losing, but that's beside the point) and with the roof closed the atmosphere was really really weird. I can't say what it was about it, maybe it was where I was sitting, but it wasn't as good an atmosphere as I expected. Maybe I'm just not used to watching rugby indoors.

What did you go to see?
Reply 36
Original post by O133
What did you go to see?

Heineken Cup Final. I was sat near the back of one of the corners in the bottom tier - I think I got a better view of the game on the screens than actually looking at the pitch!
Original post by leahdw
Heineken Cup Final. I was sat near the back of one of the corners in the bottom tier - I think I got a better view of the game on the screens than actually looking at the pitch!

Lucky you, although I can't say I like the idea of sitting in a corner, it must be the worst view of all. I'm personally a second-tier person though, you seem to get a bit of a better view.
Reply 38
Original post by O133
The noise reverberates off the roof and allows the Welsh fans to build a louder atmosphere, and I'm sure they did a study in the Forsyth Barr Stadium in Dunedin, NZ, which has a fixed roof, and found it affects the kicks at goal. :confused:

Totally understand that. I went to the paralympics at london. Being inside the Velodrome was amazing, the cheer would always follow the British riders so was a morale boost. But physically I wasn't sure about the Rugby.

Sounds like an interesting study, hard to believe but I'd love to know more.
Original post by dhr90
Sounds like an interesting study, hard to believe but I'd love to know more.

I've only heard about it from commentary and have never gone looking to read it or for the details. It's understandable though if noise is reverberating around inside.

Quick Reply

Latest