The Student Room Group

Any musical fans out there...?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TheArch
Please do!! I fangirl so much over it! I fangirl over too many things... Maybe it's the tea...? *shrugs*

Posted from TSR Mobile

All I do is fangirl and drink tea. Occasional do some A Level work.

What's the general plot for the Phantom?
Reply 21
Original post by CescaD96
All I do is fangirl and drink tea. Occasional do some A Level work.

What's the general plot for the Phantom?

Same here, buddy. Same here...my nerdiness is ruining my life. How I managed to get decent AS grades is beyond me.

Hmmm, how do I put it into the simplest form.?
Mmmmkay, it's about a young and beautiful opera dancer Christine, who is discovered for her beautiful voice after the main singer leaves (for reasons I shall not mention, because spoilers!), and the opera house's 'ghost; (the Phantom) hears her, and tries to get her more famous and sing his own work.
There's more to it than this, but it's so good! It's funny in some moments, romantic and so sad.
The music gives me chills every. Single. Time. The 25th anniversary musical is on YouTube, but the real experience is obviously much better.
Reply 22
Original post by TheArch
Same here, buddy. Same here...my nerdiness is ruining my life. How I managed to get decent AS grades is beyond me.

Hmmm, how do I put it into the simplest form.?
Mmmmkay, it's about a young and beautiful opera dancer Christine, who is discovered for her beautiful voice after the main singer leaves (for reasons I shall not mention, because spoilers!), and the opera house's 'ghost; (the Phantom) hears her, and tries to get her more famous and sing his own work.
There's more to it than this, but it's so good! It's funny in some moments, romantic and so sad.
The music gives me chills every. Single. Time. The 25th anniversary musical is on YouTube, but the real experience is obviously much better.

I'll have to watch YouTube for now, but I'll sure check it out!
Yup, I'm freaking out on how to get good A2 grades now. Heavily involved in fandoms is not healthy for school!
Reply 23
Original post by CescaD96
I'll have to watch YouTube for now, but I'll sure check it out!
Yup, I'm freaking out on how to get good A2 grades now. Heavily involved in fandoms is not healthy for school!

Awesome!
Me too. I need to seriously start revising my socks off. :banghead:I don't really get involved with fandoms, but I do obsess over them a hella lot. But I do try and balance out my hobbies and my schoolwork.
Reply 24
Original post by TheArch
Awesome!
Me too. I need to seriously start revising my socks off. :banghead:I don't really get involved with fandoms, but I do obsess over them a hella lot. But I do try and balance out my hobbies and my schoolwork.

It's Tumblr. Tumblr and fanfiction. It's bad.
I'm going to start revising at Easter. I'll have all the prep done, so it'll just be learning then.
Hey!
You're definitely not the only musical theatre fan! I loove musicals so much!
Favourites are Spring Awakening, Wicked, Phantom, Les Mis and Miss Saigon.
I'm going to study foundation musical theatre at university, as I've done drama / theatre studies my whole life but musicals are where my passion lies. Hopefully after this I'll go to a drama accredited school and pursue my career in musical theatre!
Reply 26
Original post by phoebealicepope
Hey!
You're definitely not the only musical theatre fan! I loove musicals so much!
Favourites are Spring Awakening, Wicked, Phantom, Les Mis and Miss Saigon.
I'm going to study foundation musical theatre at university, as I've done drama / theatre studies my whole life but musicals are where my passion lies. Hopefully after this I'll go to a drama accredited school and pursue my career in musical theatre!

Woooo! I like your taste :biggrin:
Ooh, nice! I'm sure you'll go far! I can only now dream of being a West End performer...*sighs*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheArch
Woooo! I like your taste :biggrin:
Ooh, nice! I'm sure you'll go far! I can only now dream of being a West End performer...*sighs*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why thank you! :smile:
Well it's never too late to start!
I absolutely adore musicals :') I've never been in one at school or college because I'm pretty sure I can't sing to save my life, so I'm definitely just an avid spectator :smile:

I've been to see Blood Brothers twice and absolutely adore it, most recently I saw Here Lies Love which was just incredible, but my favorite of all time has to be West Side Story. Just beautiful!
Reply 29
Original post by phoebealicepope
Why thank you! :smile:
Well it's never too late to start!

You're welcome :biggrin:
I guess so! I might join the National Youth Theatre and my uni's singing union to see how far I may go. Might ad well start somewhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by acollins_
I absolutely adore musicals :') I've never been in one at school or college because I'm pretty sure I can't sing to save my life, so I'm definitely just an avid spectator :smile:

I've been to see Blood Brothers twice and absolutely adore it, most recently I saw Here Lies Love which was just incredible, but my favorite of all time has to be West Side Story. Just beautiful!

Well, I'm the same. Though I am a 'classically trained soprano', I haven't sung in nearly 2 years, so I might have to start from scratch...*face-desks*

Oooh, I've heard of those! I hear both works are brilliant :smile: I would love to see West Side Story.. Good ol' Webber never ceases to impress me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheArch
Well, I'm the same. Though I am a 'classically trained soprano', I haven't sung in nearly 2 years, so I might have to start from scratch...*face-desks*

Oooh, I've heard of those! I hear both works are brilliant :smile: I would love to see West Side Story.. Good ol' Webber never ceases to impress me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, still, that's incredible that you're trained! I'm sure it won't be starting from scratch if you know you have the talent there: maybe a little more like... brushing up :smile: do you miss singing?

I cannot recommend West Side Story enough, it has everything: New York, hints of Romeo and Juliet, ballet, Latin influences, gorgeous songs... the set of the production we saw was just the most incredible set I think I've ever seen as well, so yeah - it ticks every box for me :') what's your favorite musical?
Reply 32
Guys & Dolls and Hairspray are charming.
Reply 33
Original post by acollins_
Well, still, that's incredible that you're trained! I'm sure it won't be starting from scratch if you know you have the talent there: maybe a little more like... brushing up :smile: do you miss singing?

I cannot recommend West Side Story enough, it has everything: New York, hints of Romeo and Juliet, ballet, Latin influences, gorgeous songs... the set of the production we saw was just the most incredible set I think I've ever seen as well, so yeah - it ticks every box for me :') what's your favorite musical?

Yeah, there's that! Well, it really depends on what I still have. Might have to reopen my set of pipes again though...Oh yes, I really miss singing! I sing all the time...even in public I can't resist but hum sometimes...

Ugh, it makes me go :drool:
My favourite musical will always be Phantom. Damn, that show is my ultimate obsession (first to books, tea and tv show marathoning). I'm nuts.
Reply 34
Original post by Amazing!

I've seen the movie version of Hairspray. It was so good!
We need to bump this thread so it can live

One Day More

Original post by Amazing!

do it for Yoda as he serves our guests with soda

and do it for Chewy and the Ewoks

...and all the other puppets?

Luke, be a Jedi toniiiight
Original post by TheArch
You're welcome :biggrin:
I guess so! I might join the National Youth Theatre and my uni's singing union to see how far I may go. Might ad well start somewhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go for it! That sounds fab!G
Good luck :biggrin:
Hehe, 6 years later and saw this thread! (i'm new to tsr)

So glad I'm not the only who likes musicals too!

Les Mis is my favourite (at least up to now), Phantom of the Opera gives me goosebumps, and I'd really really want to watch Wicked!

Quick Reply

Latest