The Student Room Group

The 2015 Six Nations Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by O133
Lucky you, although I can't say I like the idea of sitting in a corner, it must be the worst view of all. I'm personally a second-tier person though, you seem to get a bit of a better view.

In the bottom tier, the rake was so shallow you barely needed the steps. And from what I've heard the third tier was so steep people were actually injuring themselves.
Best view I've ever had was probably Twickenham, 2nd tier, right at the front, on the long side of the pitch.
I definitely want to watch a few games of this but don't know much about Rugby.

As for the winner, I'll go with France (probably proves how much I know).
Original post by leahdw
In the bottom tier, the rake was so shallow you barely needed the steps. And from what I've heard the third tier was so steep people were actually injuring themselves.
Best view I've ever had was probably Twickenham, 2nd tier, right at the front, on the long side of the pitch.

The Millennium Stadium is a funny ground. Apparently structurally it's a bodge too, done as cheaply as physically possible, what with including a bit of the old ground at one end (which now looks really out of place).

Sounds good. I've only been on an end in the Twickenham second tier, although I was along a side at Wembley and that was great. (I think it was a Club Wembley seat but when Saracens booked the ground they didn't bother with that sort of thing.)
Original post by Red Fox
I definitely want to watch a few games of this but don't know much about Rugby.

As for the winner, I'll go with France (probably proves how much I know).

Well I got hooked on rugby by the 2011 Six Nations. I didn't know anyone in the team at the start (maybe Jonny Wilkinson, perhaps) and could recognise most of the names by the end, to the point where I had to make a decision about a club to support.
Reply 44
Original post by O133
I've only heard about it from commentary and have never gone looking to read it or for the details. It's understandable though if noise is reverberating around inside.

Ah ok. I kinda get the idea of the physics involved, but just surprised it would have a noticeable impact on the ball.
Original post by dhr90
Ah ok. I kinda get the idea of the physics involved, but just surprised it would have a noticeable impact on the ball.

Who knows? I guess it's a pretty exact science kicking a ball over from 50m.
Original post by O133
Well I got hooked on rugby by the 2011 Six Nations. I didn't know anyone in the team at the start (maybe Jonny Wilkinson, perhaps) and could recognise most of the names by the end, to the point where I had to make a decision about a club to support.

I've probably only watched 3 or 4 games before but it was entertaining so I'm hoping I can really get into this. If someone asks me who I support I normally say the Saints just because it was the closest club... just checked and they're first, not bad:lol:.
Reply 47
Original post by O133
The Millennium Stadium is a funny ground. Apparently structurally it's a bodge too, done as cheaply as physically possible, what with including a bit of the old ground at one end (which now looks really out of place).

Sounds good. I've only been on an end in the Twickenham second tier, although I was along a side at Wembley and that was great. (I think it was a Club Wembley seat but when Saracens booked the ground they didn't bother with that sort of thing.)

Just curious, are you a Sarries fan?

I generally prefer side seats because you can see more of what goes on.
But I can cope with end seats (my family were in end seats at Vicarage Road, but we're now along the side at AzP. Apart from the sunshine, I prefer it that way.)
Original post by leahdw
Just curious, are you a Sarries fan?

I generally prefer side seats because you can see more of what goes on.
But I can cope with end seats (my family were in end seats at Vicarage Road, but we're now along the side at AzP. Apart from the sunshine, I prefer it that way.)

Yep. You too by the sound of it.

Are there many seats in the ends at Allianz Park?
Reply 49
Original post by O133
Yep. You too by the sound of it.

Are there many seats in the ends at Allianz Park?

There's a single demountable stand at each end, and they're not too tall either. Don't know exactly how many there are, but seen a guess of 1,000 each for North and South. I personally think that's a bit optimistic.
Original post by leahdw
There's a single demountable stand at each end, and they're not too tall either. Don't know exactly how many there are, but seen a guess of 1,000 each for North and South. I personally think that's a bit optimistic.

Yeah, they look a bit more village fête gazebo than Premiership rugby ground.
Reply 52

:rofl:

Being a lightweight I'd be smashed after 10 minutes play!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ireland team for Italy:

1: Jack McGrath 2: Rory Best 3: Mike Ross
4: Devin Toner 5: Paul O'Connell (c)
6: Peter O'Mahony 8: Jordi Murphy 7: Sean O'Brien

9: Conor Murray 10: Ian Keatley
12: Robbie Henshaw 13: Jared Payne
11: Simon Zebo 15: Rob Kearney 14: Tommy Bowe

Bench: Sean Cronin, Jack Cronin, Martin Moore, Iain Henderson, Tommy O'Donnell, Isaac Boss, Ian Madigan, Felix Jones

The surprises are 8 and 10 really, otherwise it's looking strong. Keith Wood was on the radio this morning complaining about Ireland's injury problems but there don't actually seem to be that many.

Scotland team for France:

1: Alasdair Dickinson 2: Ross Ford 3: Euan Murray
4: Richie Gray 5: Jonny Gray
6: Rob Harley 8: Johnnie Beattie 7: Blair Cowan

9: Greig Laidlaw (c) 10: Finn Russell
12: Alex Dunbar 13: Mark Bennett
11: Tim Visser 15: Stuart Hogg 14: Tommy Seymour

Bench: Fraser Brown, Gordon Reid, Geoff Cross, Jim Hamilton, Alasdair Strokosch, Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, Peter Horne, Dougie Fife

That looks decently strong to be honest, although a win in Paris is still an incredibly tough ask.
Italy team for Ireland:

1: Matías Agüero 2: Leonardo Ghiraldini 3: Martin Castrogivanni
4: Josh Furno 5: George Biagi
6: Alessandro Zanni 8: Sergio Parisse (c) 7: Francesco Minto

9: Edoardo Gori 10: Kelly Haimona
12: Luca Morisi 13: Michele Campagnaro
11: Luke McLean 15: Andrea Masi 14: Leonardo Sarto

Bench: Andrea Manici, Alberto de Marchi, Dario Chistolini, Marco Fuser, Marco Barbini, Guglielmo Palazzani, Tommaso Allan, Giovambattista Venditti

Not exactly the greatest team ever.
Come on Ireland

IRELAND IRELAND
Reply 56
Original post by adam9317
Come on Ireland

IRELAND IRELAND

Ireland aren't playing tonight dude.
Original post by aoxa
Ireland aren't playing tonight dude.

Still in the whole thing my friend.
they will win!
Reply 58
Original post by adam9317
Still in the whole thing my friend.
they will win!

Hmm... I'll deign to comment when I've seen how their team plays tomorrow.

Actually, as I was typing, Wales just got their first penalty kick, so if England loses, I might just defect to bing an Ireland supporter. (I have Irish family so I can defect with no guilty feelings :colonhash: )
Reply 59
Wales starting well here. Millennium Stadium has a great atmosphere tonight.

Quick Reply

Latest