The Student Room Group

Do you have a best friend? Or a generic group of friends who you are close with?

Just curious to know if people have one particular friend they would say they are their best friend, share mostly everything with... do everything with or if you are really close with a group of people?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't like the concept of being social, so I prefer to have one or two close friends. I have one best friend. I know that he will be there for me always as much as I will be there for me. At the moment, this is the kind of interaction I need.
Nope.
I have a group of my own personal wenches.
Last year, I would say my best friend was my shop friend. We spent a LOT of time together so he got to know me pretty well :colondollar:

I haven't messaged him in ages though :frown: I'm such a bad friend.
Generic group. Never really taken that extra step to get closer to a particular friend, never wanted to.
I think I share different stuff with different people

e.g. might confide in person A about my love life, while person B other domestic problems Etc.
Reply 7
My best friend(s) are twins so both.
Ever since my best mate died about 2 years ago, I haven't actually considered anyone else my best friend even though I have a small circle of close mates
Reply 9
Definitely, there are two people that have been with me since the start (two in the group died though). They know the real Tom Ford and the humble roots I came from. We call each other our "real niggaz". They know my real personality behind the numerous facades. I doubt we will ever stop being friends unless something major happens, I have a lot of time for them. RIP Tom, Rip Az.
I have a close friend group who're also in my classes and used to have a real close best friend from around last year but we don't really see eachother anymore so we drifted apart like a Nissan skyline

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't say I have one set friend but I do have a group of very close friends, I'm closer to some than others.
Reply 12
I have a generic group of friends, and some of those I'd consider 'best' friends, but I'd still not be comfortable to share everything with them, as it's not in my nature to let anyone got really close to me.
No friends.
I have 2 "best" friends who're like family and a few other close friends
I have one best friend but he's the complete opposite of me but we share a lot of interests.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Ever since my best mate died about 2 years ago, I haven't actually considered anyone else my best friend even though I have a small circle of close mates
Ouch, I'm sorry for your loss :console:
With regards to the OP I wouldn't say I have a best friend, there's a few guys I'm closest too right now (mainly a guy from work who seems to understand & value me more than anyone else atm :smile:) & another guy who I met during this course who I talk to a lot with & planning to meet up soon. There's a few girls I talk to but the bond isn't as strong with the guys I don't think.
Nup. Had a best friend, but she fell out with me over something stupid.

I have a generic group of friends, but im not THAT close with either of them.
Reply 18
No best friends.. we knew each other since we were 7 but after we argued in high school ( I even left high school because it got soo bad) I haven't found anyone to call a best friend. I guess i'm afraid to get close and realise they don't like me... I do have a generic group of friends but I'm not super close to them. I don't think I'll ever make one tbh
Reply 19
A group of people I hang about with, none of them particularly close but they're alright to be around. The person who knows most about me only sits with me in English whilst the rest of the time we're in different groups. I don't really mind though, I like to sit and read mostly or get on with work or revision.

Quick Reply

Latest