The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mazzah
Because I emailed them to see if I had one and they said they have all been given out now and that they will notify people soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I see! I musn't have one then! Thank you 😊
I got an email saying a few offers may be made in early March with the remainder being made in the first week of April. So good luck everybody! Fingers crossed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone, I just thought I'd let you know that I have a pre-interview rejection and that they told me their cutoff is 44. I'm fine with that because I have 3 other interviews - good luck to all of you! :smile: xxx
Just been rejected! And told the threshold is 44! Goodluck everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by unknownone
Hey!
I'm a first year medical student at Notts and thought I'd drop a quick post on here.
If you've got any questions about med schol/prep'ing for interviews feel free to ask :smile:

Haven't posted on here in ages but I've seen some of you's coming in for interview and it reminded me of the days I'd spend here eagerly trying to find hints/tips/clues etc

Good luck with applications!

so why did you choose nottingham? :smile:
Hey all. In my email I was told the cut-off was 32 and that they had calculated my score to be 30. But from looking at the scoring system they included I actually had 38... Have emailed them to clarify but am a little confused when you've all said the cut off is 44.
does anyone know how grads are calculated with the nottingham scoring system as it isn't done in the same way as the school leavers?

ps. any grads (in final year of another degree) heard anything from notts?

Hi, my interview is 13.10-15.50 on Friday, and I was wondering what does that time consist of? Is the tour in that? I live in wales and need to get back for the rugby :wink:
Original post by TheRedMedic
Hi, my interview is 13.10-15.50 on Friday, and I was wondering what does that time consist of? Is the tour in that? I live in wales and need to get back for the rugby :wink:

They check your portfolio, have to hang around for about half an hour, have a brief which, for me, lasted 20-30 minutes. Interview itself is just over half an hour. Tour is after that and is included in the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My time was 11am but my interview didn't start till 12 and took about 30 minutes. Between 11 and 12 they have to check everyones documents and show you a video of whats in store

So im guessing yours will start about 2 ish and take 30 mins too. After the interview you get a tour of the med school which takes like 30 minutes but there is a chance half way through to ask questions to current students so that could drag it out abit

I did hear that some peoples tours are before their interview so all in all i recon you will be finished about 3/3:30 ish but obviously can miss the tour if its afterwards since the rugby is the most important thing :wink:

swing low .., :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sycopation
I think the cut off will be 40/55

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cut off is 44/52 this year...
Original post by z-kauser
Cut off is 44/52 this year...

cut off is 44 but you need a perfect PS to get an interview with 44
Original post by hukdealz

sad times, I feel I could have done well regarding personal statement but I didn't make the 44 cut off! 2 points off, damn
Original post by User:26758
My time was 11am but my interview didn't start till 12 and took about 30 minutes. Between 11 and 12 they have to check everyones documents and show you a video of whats in store

So im guessing yours will start about 2 ish and take 30 mins too. After the interview you get a tour of the med school which takes like 30 minutes but there is a chance half way through to ask questions to current students so that could drag it out abit

I did hear that some peoples tours are before their interview so all in all i recon you will be finished about 3/3:30 ish but obviously can miss the tour if its afterwards since the rugby is the most important thing :wink:

swing low .., :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had an interview on Friday at 11 too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

tour is useful before interview and you can ask questions to current med student. If yours is after your interview I think you can go if you have sth important :P. Although last year my interview was around 4ish and they made be come for 9 cause of the tour :P
Original post by hukdealz

got a score of 44 so at least i know my PS is decent
Original post by Medlad101
got a score of 44 so at least i know my PS is decent

unfortunately PS is very subjective as different unis are looking for different things. I've heard people getting interviews from Bristol, but not Liverpool (& vice versa) which are both very heavily reliant on PS
Got my rejection pre interview a few days ago. Gutted because I applied last year and the same thing happened :frown:
Original post by auberginedreams
Got my rejection pre interview a few days ago. Gutted because I applied last year and the same thing happened :frown:

Can u share ur scores see people can help? By the way, u applied as local?
Anyone else still not heard anything from notts? I rang them last week to ask how long it would be until a decision was made and they told me everyone will hear yes or no (for interviews) by the end of this week... And it's Friday so come on notts haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending