This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
thank you :hugs:

No problem. Hope today was a better day for you :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Am thinking of giving my old mental health AMA thread a poke for Time to Talk Day! Good or bad idea? :ninja:

Good idea :yep: :biggrin: :smile:

:woo: Well done!!! :eek: :biggrin:

Original post by ScaryScience
most terrible flashcback. most pain I have esperienced since it happened, want to do awful things rightr now.

:jumphug: Around on fb if you need to vent or anything, please stay safe :frown: :hugs: A&E if you feel you need to?

Original post by Sabertooth
Heh, just looked outside for the first time today and there's like a foot of snow and it's still coming down heavy. I LOVE snow! :biggrin:

:woo: Snow is awesome :biggrin:

---------------------------------------------

Stupid me thought I'd copied and pasted something/posted already, so copied some other replies, and then of course I hadn't posted, so now that's just lost :mad: :frown: bleh. Sorry.
Anyone else feel like consuming lots of coffee makes them feel worse than a day when you have hardly any?

As today im feeling better than last night. Had 5 coffees... whereas today i had 2. Could also be because i had my weekly meeting with my ALS tutor at college to look through my work and seems like im on the right track with it all. She seems so pleased with how i have done with my planning of my assignments. Most of the anxiety i have had with them is mostly gone but still have bad feelings about them though :s-smilie:
Original post by Sabertooth
I guess it's a case of how much would it bother you?

Exactly. :biggrin::frown:
Original post by Pathway
Yeah, I think I might try to do that too. I think maybe working on self care as well. It's just really difficult. :s-smilie: My condition is so variable I literally don't know where I stand from day to day - could be standing one day, and bed ridden the next! But I think I could try and do at least the basics and go from there. Hmm.

Ohhhh, good old charity shops, they're amazing for books, I agree with you there. They're adorable! I'd say definitely get them, lol. I'm a bad influence! :tongue:

Thank you. :smile: You too. Sleep well!

Yeah, defo difficult :s-smilie: Ah I'm sorry :frown: :hugs: CFS-y/ME-y sort of thing? :frown: Feel free to not answer! :redface: :hugs:

Yes! :eek: Haha, I might do, thanks :tongue: Election thingy went okay, so might buy them as a splash-out/can't be too bad!

:hugs: hope you slept and are okay (?) :redface:

Original post by ScaryScience
thanks :penguinhug: really sorry to hear about physical ills :frown: hope you feel much better tomorrow :hugs:

:hugs: Luckily a bit better now, nose has gotten better anyway, throat maybe not, was quite dry earlier, but might've just been because of nerves/anxious-nous.
lots of :hugs: very sorry about flashback :frown:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Election went okay! Got a position, which is good, but brain is just a complete muddle. Almost didn't stay around to find out who won what, was just too anxious, and just felt like going and crying. Felt better about the result than I thought I would, too, was worried that I'd get this position and be disappointed/sad, because I'd felt quite strongly about the other position when I was talking about it/giving my "speech"/hustings for it? But I think I'm good with this one? Feels strange, and just quite scary, as it's a bigger role, and just worried I won't manage it/won't be good enough :frown:
Luckily found out votes, and at least I didn't get in by default/won by a fair bit, but still :s-smilie: about it being too stressful.

Also the other position I think I would've gotten if it weren't for my preferences? Though the person was slightly vague when telling me the results of the positions, so not sure, might not have done :dontknow: Probably best I don't know, as would just make me more worried/over-think-y, though might ask later. Not sure :s-smilie: Don't want to appear weird/overthink-y to other people too, though :s-smilie:

At the moment feeling sort of happy? but also just confused and tear-y and sad and don't know :frown: just scary, I think.

Thank you for everyone who put up with my rambles about it, though :redface: :hugs: bleh. Don't even know :s-smilie: anyway.
Annoying that this all got deleted earlier - stupid copy and paste -.-
Am thinking of giving my old mental health AMA thread a poke for Time to Talk Day! Good or bad idea? :ninja:

Is this the AMA I (half) hijacked a while back??? has it really been a year?? :O. But yes, I think poking it would be a great idea! :biggrin:
Reply 488
Original post by purple-duck

Election went okay! Got a position, which is good, but brain is just a complete muddle. Almost didn't stay around to find out who won what, was just too anxious, and just felt like going and crying. Felt better about the result than I thought I would, too, was worried that I'd get this position and be disappointed/sad, because I'd felt quite strongly about the other position when I was talking about it/giving my "speech"/hustings for it? But I think I'm good with this one? Feels strange, and just quite scary, as it's a bigger role, and just worried I won't manage it/won't be good enough :frown:
Luckily found out votes, and at least I didn't get in by default/won by a fair bit, but still :s-smilie: about it being too stressful.

Also the other position I think I would've gotten if it weren't for my preferences? Though the person was slightly vague when telling me the results of the positions, so not sure, might not have done :dontknow: Probably best I don't know, as would just make me more worried/over-think-y, though might ask later. Not sure :s-smilie: Don't want to appear weird/overthink-y to other people too, though :s-smilie:

At the moment feeling sort of happy? but also just confused and tear-y and sad and don't know :frown: just scary, I think.

Thank you for everyone who put up with my rambles about it, though :redface: :hugs: bleh. Don't even know :s-smilie: anyway.

Congratulations for getting a position! :smile: I don't think people would think you were weird if you asked about the other position although might be best not to if its going to start you overthinking. Also I would say that whilst having a position is scary you don't know how well you do until you try - I bet you'll do better than you think - and you could always ask someone else to be a kind of unofficial (or official) backup if you're struggling.
Original post by purple-duck
Yeah, defo difficult :s-smilie: Ah I'm sorry :frown: :hugs: CFS-y/ME-y sort of thing? :frown: Feel free to not answer! :redface: :hugs:

Yes! :eek: Haha, I might do, thanks :tongue: Election thingy went okay, so might buy them as a splash-out/can't be too bad!

:hugs: hope you slept and are okay (?) :redface:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ehlers-Danlos, hypermobile type. Can have chronic fatigue as a bonus symptom, though. I am mainly trying to deal with the chronic pain that my GP is refusing to give me medication for which is also why I am relying so heavily on dissociation to cope - more so than usual.

I'm glad the election went well!! And definitely, you deserve a treat. :jumphug: You're definitely gonna be great in this position, and you can always ask for help if it gets too much! We are always here if you need us too. MHSS will support you for sure. :hugs:

I'll be alright, just kind of down. Got GP tomorrow, hopefully she can help me out though - struggling a bit right now with everything. How are you? Message me if you want to talk through anything, feeling mixed up is difficult to deal with - you don't really know where you stand from one minute to the next! :hugs:
Really not good :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: PM me? I'm around for a little while.
Reply 492
Original post by furryface12

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console:
I'd love to participate in "Time to Talk" irl tomorrow (or today!) Unfortunately not many people know I have MH issues, and those that do don't understand it at all, bah. And I'm busy the entire day. And I'm not even sure if there's so much as a society in my Uni that caters to this sort of thing...

Ah well. Here's hoping something magical will happen tomorrow!~

Yeah, I have a lot of memory problems too but I suspect that's more down to psychosis and trauma (I was in an abusive relationship during my first degree) Plus I always kinda had the memory of a goldfish anyway Well, for certain things. I'm quite good at remembering birthdays (or at least rough guesses at birthdays) for people who are important to me. And when I was younger I was obsessed with Henry VIII and the Tudors and memorised all the dates involved even though I was only 7 But I digress...

Reading what you've written can be scary and daunting, but if it's cathartic for you, it might be worth it? Sometimes in the past I have written letters/diary entries in a made-up language so that even a day or two later, I won't have any idea what I wrote and won't be able to read it, but I've at least partly got the emotion out of my system

The brain is a very strange thing! If you'd like to chat more about your different persons, you can always PM me. I'm sometimes not online but I will always reply, even if it's a day or two later

I... I genuinely don't remember a single thing from say, 15 years old and before that. I keep on constantly forgetting my family members birthdays even now, but I got a nice fancy video camera now so I can start remembering from now on :smile:

Very sorry to hear about your (douchebag) ex! I don't think I've ever been through anything quite that horrible... but I'll try writing in a nonsense language, it should help a tonne thanks :biggrin:
Told myself I would keep my story short on the Time to Talk thread and ended up pretty much writing my memoirs instead :tongue:
Good to get it all out though because you never know who could be battling the same thing in silence.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Bit of a TW and girl stuff

Not sure if how I've been feeling recently is down to hormones because after feeling so bad the last few days I came on yesterday and the same happened last month. Could just be a coincidence though idk because I've been up and down and maybe the last few days have just been lower than nomal. Rambling now, im just awful at working my moods out :colondollar:

Spoiler

I'll do my time to talk post later, don't think I've ever put my whole story together!

Posted from TSR Mobile
just speed walked into the doctors to find out im a day early for my appointment :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest