The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD223
I've not which is why I originally flagged it up as there aren't any model exam answers :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So annoying, no one in my class today knew what it was, and they didn't seem too worried so I guess it's a concept which is tested as part of mag fields without them telling you specifically that they're testing it, if that makes sense. Idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 101
Original post by KeithHayward
So annoying, no one in my class today knew what it was, and they didn't seem too worried so I guess it's a concept which is tested as part of mag fields without them telling you specifically that they're testing it, if that makes sense. Idk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah no one in my class was even taught it !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah no one in my class was even taught it !

Posted from TSR Mobile

How are you going about revising now? Just past papers or still making some notes along side doing papers?
Reply 103
How are you going about revising now? Just past papers or still making some notes along side doing papers?

I'm not doing past papers yet - saving them for Feb half term. Just going through books! And stuff on Kerboodle. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I'm not doing past papers yet - saving them for Feb half term. Just going through books! And stuff on Kerboodle. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing the same really, a few past papers thrown in here and there.
Reply 105
I'm doing the same really, a few past papers thrown in here and there.

Ah right, sounds like a good tactic given the lack of breadth of past papers to do, unlike with maths haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Ah right, sounds like a good tactic given the lack of breadth of past papers to do, unlike with maths haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For M2 theres so many to do. Our physics teacher has started to come up with his own questions so hopefully that should help :biggrin:
Reply 107
For M2 theres so many to do. Our physics teacher has started to come up with his own questions so hopefully that should help :biggrin:

Haven't even stared M2 papers! Got a thread for it though if you're interested? (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3047357)

Aha let us know if there's any good ones!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Haven't even stared M2 papers! Got a thread for it though if you're interested? (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3047357)

Aha let us know if there's any good ones!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Watching :smile: I will :colone:
Reply 109
Watching :smile: I will :colone:

Nice! Do you find the PHYA4 further mechanics section or M2 harder?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Nice! Do you find the PHYA4 further mechanics section or M2 harder?

Posted from TSR Mobile

M2 is easily harder. PHYA4 mechanics is the nicest part of the A2 syllabus if you do M2, since you double learn most things e.g. momentum
Reply 111
M2 is easily harder. PHYA4 mechanics is the nicest part of the A2 syllabus if you do M2, since you double learn most things e.g. momentum

Ah it's good that you still double learn things like with AS Physics and M1!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Ah it's good that you still double learn things like with AS Physics and M1!

Posted from TSR Mobile

We did statistics 1 and 2 last year for applied and are doing m1,m2 this year. So since I only picked up AS and A2 physics in september everything to do with mechanics is brand new to me :angry: so annoying :mad:
Reply 113
We did statistics 1 and 2 last year for applied and are doing m1,m2 this year. So since I only picked up AS and A2 physics in september everything to do with mechanics is brand new to me :angry: so annoying :mad:

Oh wow! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
Can anyone give me any advice about how not to get wrecked by unit 6?
Reply 115
Original post by FN510
Can anyone give me any advice about how not to get wrecked by unit 6?

Are you doing the EMPA or ISA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
Original post by CD223
Are you doing the EMPA or ISA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ISA
Reply 117
Original post by FN510
ISA

Ah right! I'm doing EMPA. It's my worst module. I did unit 3X EMPA last year and got a C :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 118
Original post by CD223
Ah right! I'm doing EMPA. It's my worst module. I did unit 3X EMPA last year and got a C :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, the practical exams are a real b***h! Luckily, and I think this is why we do the ISA, we get two goes. Last year I got an D in the first one and an A in the second!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 119
Original post by FN510
Yeah, the practical exams are a real b***h! Luckily, and I think this is why we do the ISA, we get two goes. Last year I got an D in the first one and an A in the second!

I wish we had two goes...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending