The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

BSc Biomedical Sciences with a year in industry interview

Hi all,

I've got an interview for BSc Biomedical Sciences with a year in industry at Manchester soon and I was wondering if anybody had any tips? Maybe you're a current student on that course (or another Life Sciences course) or have had an interview already. Any help as to the structure of the interview, as well as what they're looking for and how to dress would be greatly appreciated as Manchester is my first choice so far (and I'm lucky to have an interview in the first place, given my grades). Thanks in advance.

Yours,
Grey
Original post by ThenameisGrey
Hi all,

I've got an interview for BSc Biomedical Sciences with a year in industry at Manchester soon and I was wondering if anybody had any tips? Maybe you're a current student on that course (or another Life Sciences course) or have had an interview already. Any help as to the structure of the interview, as well as what they're looking for and how to dress would be greatly appreciated as Manchester is my first choice so far (and I'm lucky to have an interview in the first place, given my grades). Thanks in advance.

Yours,
Grey

Hey I had an interview for the exact samee course at Manchester today :biggrin:! if you were there lol my name was Mala ( I dunno what you meant by soon ) ... lol but if you haven't had it yet its a lovely day .. I went by myself daunting but once in Manchester and then at the un I I literally had no time to worry about my interview coz we were doing stuff constantly before the interview, firstly we had a one hour introduction and then lab work and then the interview and then a tour of the campus itself , it was soooo much fun and the interview was so informal , feel freee to ask for any more question :biggrin:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Quantum2123
Hey I had an interview for the exact samee course at Manchester today :biggrin:! if you were there lol my name was Mala ( I dunno what you meant by soon ) ... lol but if you haven't had it yet its a lovely day .. I went by myself daunting but once in Manchester and then at the un I I literally had no time to worry about my interview coz we were doing stuff constantly before the interview, firstly we had a one hour introduction and then lab work and then the interview and then a tour of the campus itself , it was soooo much fun and the interview was so informal , feel freee to ask for any more question :biggrin:

Thanks, by 'soon' I mean last Wednesday, but I'm sure your advice'll be handy to anybody who checks this out this thread anyway! I wound up having my interview with a Vice-President and the Dean of the faculty, apparently, so it's just as well I didn't know that until afterwards. Should be getting an offer of ABB (A in Biology) through on UCAS soon! I'm just taking a look at accommodation too and really like the look of Denmark Road, though it seems just about everybody does, so it'll be competitive. Once their offer is through I'll be straight into applying for accommodation!

How about you, do you know what you're looking for in accommodation and what offer you'll be getting?

Yours,
Grey
Original post by ThenameisGrey
Thanks, by 'soon' I mean last Wednesday, but I'm sure your advice'll be handy to anybody who checks this out this thread anyway! I wound up having my interview with a Vice-President and the Dean of the faculty, apparently, so it's just as well I didn't know that until afterwards. Should be getting an offer of ABB (A in Biology) through on UCAS soon! I'm just taking a look at accommodation too and really like the look of Denmark Road, though it seems just about everybody does, so it'll be competitive. Once their offer is through I'll be straight into applying for accommodation!

How about you, do you know what you're looking for in accommodation and what offer you'll be getting?

Yours,
Grey

hahah thank you :biggrin: .... ohh yehh I haven't thought about accommodation really it might be my second choice unsure :s .... I rreally like the sheavyn place or what ever its called XD but its reallllyyy over subscribed so I have probably missed my chance :/ But I think if I did go to Manchester now I'd instead look for accommodation near the Stopford building :biggrin: But my offer is A-Biology B-Chemistry and either B in the Welsh Bacc or A in RE XD so its not too bad :s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending