The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

What is taking Mishcon sooo long. I'm so anxious to hear. Does anyone reckon their assessment day will be in March or for those that get through will they only give them like a weeks notice and half it in mid/late feb?
Anyone else got a video interview offer from DWF?
Original post by DonnieCA
What is taking Mishcon sooo long. I'm so anxious to hear. Does anyone reckon their assessment day will be in March or for those that get through will they only give them like a weeks notice and half it in mid/late feb?

I don't know!! Why say it's done on a rolling basis if they're gona make us wait so long. Well they gave us very little time for the video interview so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't give us an awful lot of notice for AC (not that I will get an invite!) but it could go either way.

Did you find that questions for IM seemed to stay the same btw? I've done it too, just curios.
Original post by Defragmentation
Woah, that's really impressive bud, congrats once again!

Also, eek, Freshfields have already filled up one of their schemes? Have an AC with them in a week and a half, reckon that might be too late :/

Thank you mate, and yes they have, only the August one though, they are one of few firms that run an August scheme so that one of course filled up first!

I was speaking to Sophia from graduate recruitment on campus yesterday and she said that places on the June and July schemes are getting pretty tight but that there are still spots going, so I wouldn't worry! I don't think they will fill all of the spots until they have interviewed everybody.
Another request for Weil interview advice :colondollar:
Reply 2165
anyone hard from Pinsents?
Reply 2166
Original post by ForensicShoeMk2
I do!
Original post by Hkt10
I do!

Nervous would be an understatement! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jones Day offer!
Reply 2169
Has anyone heard from Baker & McKenzie? My application status changed to 'Contacted' today but no email from them yet.
Reply 2170
Nervous would be an understatement! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! I'm not a fan of video interviews! Thank you, good luck to you too
Reply 2171
Original post by zenstars
Hello there! Yes I just finished my video interview. It is a set of competency questions e.g. tell me a situation when you face a challenge.

They flash the question and give you 1 min to compose your thoughts. Your answer gets recorded but there is a time limit! I made the mistake of rambling on too much and got cut off. (Didn't get through the video interview stage unfortunately :frown: but since I can't go on any further might as well help others :smile: )

All the best for yours :smile:

Hi, sorry to hear that you were unsuccessful but thank you so much for providing some detail about the interview, I couldn't find any information anywhere! Was just wondering what the time limit is for answering questions? (Might practice and time myself before doing it). Also wanted to make sure, was it just competency questions that came up; nothing about the firm or current affairs?

Original post by liarpoker
Jones Day offer!

Congrats :biggrin: I'm hoping to have some success as well!
Taylor Wessing summer offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone who's had a Clyde & Co interview how long did it take to hear back?? :smile:
Reply 2175

I have :smile:
Anyone head from Sidley Austin/White & Case?
Original post by pasdesdeux
Taylor Wessing summer offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! When was your interview?
Original post by TykeDragon
Anyone who's had a Clyde & Co interview how long did it take to hear back?? :smile:

If you don't mind me asking which office and how long did it take for you to hear back after application. Thanks:smile:
Original post by ba_23
Has anyone heard from Baker & McKenzie? My application status changed to 'Contacted' today but no email from them yet.

I noticed yesterday mine said 'Contacted' but also haven't heard anything... I sent my application in at the end of November so have been waiting ages!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending