The Student Room Group

St. George's UoL GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Rejection. Expected though, didn't answer any of the questions well at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They told me if I didn't have my work experience into them by my interview (had everything prepared before losing my bag 2 days before hand) then I was going to get a rejection anyway, not really bothered-said I was using it as practice for swansea haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 242
Original post by Rosser1994
They told me if I didn't have my work experience into them by my interview (had everything prepared before losing my bag 2 days before hand) then I was going to get a rejection anyway, not really bothered-said I was using it as practice for swansea haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that must be super annoying! But you've got the right spirit, good luck with the rest of your application :smile:
Original post by Vitzy93
Ah that must be super annoying! But you've got the right spirit, good luck with the rest of your application :smile:

Thanks, still have a Liverpool interview as well!

Not very fond of London personally anyway, finding out that rent was £280 a WEEK kind of helped me decide to go there just as practice :P
How did you guys find out? Letter/email?
Original post by kateamelia
I got a rejection too, I have to say I am gutted as this is my first ever rejection post-interview. It hurts a lot more knowing they actually met you and didn't like you but I'm going to try and move onwards and upwards.

Were these rejections via email or ucas? Or both? And what time? Sorry to hear :frown:
Dear applicant

With reference to your recent interview at St George's, University of London we regret to inform you that we will not be offering you a place on the MBBS 4 Medicine course (A101 - 4 year programme). The competition was strong and the standard of candidates was very high so we have only been able to offer places to those with the very highest interview scores the top 25%.

We are not able to give specific feedback on interview performance. Please refer to the general feedback attached to this e-mail.

We have already drawn up a waiting list for entry to this course and if we have any vacancies we will draw from this pool of candidates. I am afraid that you have not been placed on the waiting list and we cannot add you to it as the candidates on this list have been carefully selected. This course also does not enter the Clearing process. If we have any vacancies before the beginning of term we will draw on candidates who are on our waiting list.

If you are unable to secure a place at a university this year we would consider an application from you for entry in September 2016, without prejudice, if you fulfil the minimum entry requirements laid down in our prospectus and this was your first interview for this course. Every year we have had a number of students who have come back to us for interview and some (but not all) have improved greatly and are subsequently offered a place. However, we will only allow candidates two attempts at interview. If this was your second interview then you should not apply for this course again. The 2016 prospectus will be available in March 2015. We cannot, of course, predict the outcome of any future application.

We are sorry that this is disappointing news and wish you all success with your other choices of university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Via email, around ten minutes ago.

I mean i've got my rejection based on not having the submitted work experience sheets, so I think we are in the first batch?
So other people may be in the maybe pile.
Reply 248
I got a rejection too, I have to say I am gutted as this is my first ever rejection post-interview. It hurts a lot more knowing they actually met you and didn't like you but I'm going to try and move onwards and upwards.

That's the best you can do! Good luck with the rest :smile:
Reply 249
Does anyone know if they are sending letters for unsuccessful applicants all in one go or in batches? I think the stress of constantly checking my emails just about might kill me.
Original post by Vitzy93
Does anyone know if they are sending letters for unsuccessful applicants all in one go or in batches? I think the stress of constantly checking my emails just about might kill me.

Yeah I just nearly had a heart attack when I was checking mine
Reply 251
Just found out I've been wait listed, low likelihood of getting an offer right? Oh well I thought it went horrendous on the day so not surprised
Oh my God, I've not got an email but I feel sick waiting
Original post by ceciafb
Just found out I've been wait listed, low likelihood of getting an offer right? Oh well I thought it went horrendous on the day so not surprised

Wait listing is hard - don't you have to accept that you will 100% take the place, even if they don't offer it to you up until late summer?

I think if (IF) i was ever in that situation, I'd defer my Exeter place, and accept the waiting list. I want SGUL the most, so I'd be willing to wait.

GAH
Original post by Vitzy93
That's the best you can do! Good luck with the rest :smile:

I had three of those last year. Three medical school panels looked me in the eye and said - 'you're ****e, get out'.

This year I have one offer so far, so that's nice.
Original post by Don'tMessThisUp
I had three of those last year. Three medical school panels looked me in the eye and said - 'you're ****e, get out'.

This year I have one offer so far, so that's nice.

Can I just check with you guys, I know you can only get to 2 SGUL interviews, is it the same for Swansea or can you continue to apply to Swansea?
Original post by Rosser1994
Can I just check with you guys, I know you can only get to 2 SGUL interviews, is it the same for Swansea or can you continue to apply to Swansea?

I didn't do Swansea, I'm afraid, but I haven't heard of that.
Original post by Don'tMessThisUp
Wait listing is hard - don't you have to accept that you will 100% take the place, even if they don't offer it to you up until late summer?

I think if (IF) i was ever in that situation, I'd defer my Exeter place, and accept the waiting list. I want SGUL the most, so I'd be willing to wait.

GAH

no i think for sgul they tell you by may if you have an offer or not, so you just wait to hear by then and your track is left waiting - are you thinking about swansea? theirs is a bit more complicated i think! Annoying as I have no idea about statistics and likelihood of getting an offer from the waiting list - but people are ranked on GAMSAT scores and i imagine mine was one of the lower ones for SGUL

congrats! are you holding out for swansea?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending