The Student Room Group

Swansea GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

If you have an offer then both, if you have a rejection ucas
Original post by Rosser1994
If you have an offer then both, if you have a rejection ucas

University should email first, then UCAS updates a few hours after for offers.. after a certain point waiting list offers get done by phone (i.e when UCAS reaches the rejection deadline in May).. Thats what happened last year anyway..
Reply 342
From what was said at the interview, offers and rejections will all initially be made through email and UCAS.
As time goes on and decisions need to be made quickly the university will make informal offers over the phone to wait listers. Apparently some chap was made an offer the day before the start of the course last year, he was also in Australia at the time :tongue:
Have Swansea finished interviewing now?
Reply 345
I was one of the last 8. How ominous... :/
Wait...... Who are you 👀
Didn't notice which one you were from the last group, I was the 3:25
Reply 347
Wait...... Who are you
Didn't notice which one you were from the last group, I was the 3:25

I worked out who you were pretty quick. Wasn't that difficult to be honest, we spoke a few times :tongue:
Original post by Zorg
I worked out who you were pretty quick. Wasn't that difficult to be honest, we spoke a few times :tongue:

You sat to my right in the intro? :P
Reply 349
You sat to my right in the intro? :P

Can't remember... Sat next to you in the common room for a bit.
Reply 350
Anyone heard anything..?
Original post by BD7391
Anyone heard anything..?

They said you won't hear anything until atleast the end of Feb, think of it as no news is good news!
Can you only reach interview in Swansea twice, or is that just St. Georges? Cannot tell if I have got that mixed up or if they both have the same process of 2 interviews and out?
Can you only reach interview in Swansea twice, or is that just St. Georges? Cannot tell if I have got that mixed up or if they both have the same process of 2 interviews and out?

Noo, on interview day the guy said people often came back 3 or 4 times before getting in, so I don't think they limit it (within reason, I imagine)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by amyyy24
No, on interview day the guy said people often came back 3 or 4 times before getting in, so I don't think they limit it (within reason, I imagine)

I can't tell if thats from the old process though, can't remember if i've read it somewhere, assuming you haven't?
I can't tell if thats from the old process though, can't remember if i've read it somewhere, assuming you haven't?

It was the GP admissions guy that said it when he gave the welcome talk, he said something along the lines of 'don't be disappointed, you can always come back and try again'. Not read anything anywhere, so I could be wrong..
Reply 356

Just SGUL and Nottingham as far as I know.
you guys can come back every year if you enjoyed the experience! (I.E no limits)..
Original post by MARK.I.AM
you guys can come back every year if you enjoyed the experience! (I.E no limits)..

Absolutely, hands down my number one choice, such a nice friendly place!
Still hoping I get in this year.
Reply 359
Offer via track!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending