The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3180
Original post by ImNotMe
I feel as though, in the grand scheme of things, I did the right thing. I mean, he might go and tell his friends 'a Muslim gave me directions instead of blowing me up :eek:'.

you could have kind of avoided his question said something like "I don't drink sorry mate" he would have just walked off. That way, you're not lying and you didn't tell him the directions..
Assalaamu Alaikum brothers and sisters :smile: Just going to leave a little helpful tip I came across when I started praying.

If you have troubles waking up for Fajr, set your alarm to something really loud and annoying, and put it far away from your bed! That way you will have to get up to turn it off :colone:
There are also apps that make you complete a puzzle to turn the alarm off, so no more snoozing!
Original post by ko111
you could have kind of avoided his question said something like "I don't drink sorry mate" he would have just walked off. That way, you're not lying and you didn't tell him the directions..

True, but it was freezing cold, and he was lost. His phone was dead or something :smile: Besides, as others have mentioned here, his objective might not be to get drunk, maybe he wanted to watch football, or get some food with friends? That being said, he wasn't Muslim afaik, so maybe he has a right to intoxicate himself? idk. He was a nice guy either way.
Reply 3183
Original post by ImNotMe
True, but it was freezing cold, and he was lost. His phone was dead or something :smile: Besides, as others have mentioned here, his objective might not be to get drunk, maybe he wanted to watch football, or get some food with friends? That being said, he wasn't Muslim afaik, so maybe he has a right to intoxicate himself? idk. He was a nice guy either way.

yep fair enough in the end you had the right intention and that's what matters.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beautifulxxx
You didn't have time... Dead excuse marsi pars. Try harder. Funny enough I was thinking of going on whatsapp to annoy you. Oh wells. I'll wait till later. Wa iyaki x

m8, I'm not making excuses. :hand: Hmmm, everything happens for a reason I guess :colone:

Alhumdulillah interview went really well. :smile:
Hi there,
Recently come across this thread, was just wondering, what's the main purpose of it? Also, is it a general ISOC thread for no university in particular or is it an ISOC of a specific university?
What things are allowed to be posted and what things are not allowed to be posted?

Regards,

Maryam
Original post by akhtarmaryam
Hi there,
Recently come across this thread, was just wondering, what's the main purpose of it? Also, is it a general ISOC thread for no university in particular or is it an ISOC of a specific university?
What things are allowed to be posted and what things are not allowed to be posted?

Regards,

Maryam

Hello,

This is a general Islam thread and not affiliated with any university.

The purpose is to discuss and share Islamic knowledge. We may have a bit of general chat (within reason as we can't chitchat too much haha).

We can't post anything vulgar or inappropriate e.g. mock Islam or provoke/insult the members here. Oh and no debating so we try to keep things light around here.

Please read the first post for more info. :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3075875
Original post by Ankabout
Hello,

This is a general Islam thread and not affiliated with any university.

The purpose is to discuss and share Islamic knowledge. We may have a bit of general chat (within reason as we can't chitchat too much haha).

We can't post anything vulgar or inappropriate e.g. mock Islam or provoke/insult the members here. Oh and no debating so we try to keep things light around here.

Please read the first post for more info. :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3075875

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Just one more question, There is no specific Islamic sect/group that's followed on here right? Or is there?

Maryam
Original post by akhtarmaryam
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Just one more question, There is no specific Islamic sect/group that's followed on here right? Or is there?

Maryam

Nope and we try to avoid sectarian conflicts here. :h:
Original post by Ankabout
Nope and we try to avoid sectarian conflicts here. :h:

Hmm okay :smile: That's good :smile: Thanks
Original post by Tennumbers
m8, I'm not making excuses. :hand: Hmmm, everything happens for a reason I guess :colone:

Alhumdulillah interview went really well. :smile:

Don't m8 me m8!
Yes. So you're going to be sorry laterz.
Mash'Allah tabarakAllah. See, I knew it would be ace:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tennumbers
Wa'alaikum assalam :biggrin:

I love how you always ask whenever you come on. SubhanAllah. :smile:
I'm okay Alhumdulillah.

I never realised I always ask the same question :biggrin:

Lol, that is brilliant sis. :smile:
Rofl guys. Plantagenet crown is banned. I reported his posts yesterday so maybe i have got my revenge :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImNotMe
Alhamdulillah i'm well, can't complain! How is yourself?

I was asked by a stranger on my way home last night, where the pub is lol (so he can ''get drunk off his face''); what would have been the right thing to do?

I am doing well, alhamdulilah (even though I answered this 13 hours late, sorry Akh).

Hmm I do not really know what would the right thing be. For me, I would just ignore the man, especially if it was at night time and instead read ayatul kursi all the way home. :biggrin:
Original post by accretion disk
Rofl guys. Plantagenet crown is banned. I reported his posts yesterday so maybe i have got my revenge :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol quantum.
Original post by DarkMystryXxX

Hmm I do not really know what would the right thing be. For me, I would just ignore the man, especially if it was at night time and instead read ayatul kursi all the way home. :biggrin:

haha, don't leave home without your zam-zam spray! Works like pepperspray on the Kafiroon :wink:.
Reply 3196

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol
Original post by ImNotMe
Assalaamu Alaikum brothers and sisters :smile: Just going to leave a little helpful tip I came across when I started praying.

If you have troubles waking up for Fajr, set your alarm to something really loud and annoying, and put it far away from your bed! That way you will have to get up to turn it off :colone:
There are also apps that make you complete a puzzle to turn the alarm off, so no more snoozing!

Wa'alaykumasalaam and JazakAllahu Khayran for the tip.

Btw you mentioned you were a convert on another thread, what made you convert and what did you convert from? Curious :redface:
Original post by IdeasForLife
Wa'alaykumasalaam and JazakAllahu Khayran for the tip.

Btw you mentioned you were a convert on another thread, what made you convert and what did you convert from? Curious :redface:

I didn't believe in anything to do with religion and was very 'vocal' about it too; until a college acquaintance introduced (technically re-introduced) me to Islam about 3/4 years ago. Instead of judging me for my sins, he took me to the Friday prayer which sparked an interest! And here we are today Alhamdulillah!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully it's permanent.

Latest

Trending

Trending