The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Waiting on an offer - Economics, Politics and International Studies at Warwick

Hey,
I applied for EPAIS at the start of November this year and I still haven't heard back. I've got all my other 4 offers for both similar and different courses. I have 4As at AS and have been predicted A*A*A* at a level. I do Politics, Histoty and Business Studies and dropped ICT after AS. Is my lack of offer because I don't do math? The course never specified but this wait is killing me.
Original post by Sinéad
Hey,
I applied for EPAIS at the start of November this year and I still haven't heard back. I've got all my other 4 offers for both similar and different courses. I have 4As at AS and have been predicted A*A*A* at a level. I do Politics, Histoty and Business Studies and dropped ICT after AS. Is my lack of offer because I don't do math? The course never specified but this wait is killing me.

Same, i havent heard back either.Warwick tend to send offers really late for this course because my friend got his offer in March this time last year for the exact same course. Did you apply for government and economics at LSE? as I haven't heard back from them either.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by amansingh1997
Same, i havent heard back either.Warwick tend to send offers really late for this course because my friend got his offer in March this time last year for the exact same course. Did you apply for government and economics at LSE? as I haven't heard back from them either.
No I never applied to LSE my other offers are for Queens in the north of Ireland and Aston in Birmingham. I've two friends who applied for LSE both who are well capable of getting in and one f them has applied to the same one as you and she hasn't heard yet. It's so annoying waiting, even if I don't get in it would be nice to be able to make my firm regardless 😔
Reply 3
I've also applied to Warwick EPAIS and LSE gov and econ (UCL PPE too), but I haven't heard back from any of these.
Original post by Soekblas
I've also applied to Warwick EPAIS and LSE gov and econ (UCL PPE too), but I haven't heard back from any of these.

Same, what were you as grades/subjects and predictions?
I also applied and haven't heard anything yet! I think they ask for maths, because with the IB they want a 5/7 in maths SL so...but idk if it's the same with A levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by angelamartinc235
I also applied and haven't heard anything yet! I think they ask for maths, because with the IB they want a 5/7 in maths SL so...but idk if it's the same with A levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

See I checked loads of times because of that but it only specifies you need A* GCSE which I have
Original post by Sinéad
See I checked loads of times because of that but it only specifies you need A* GCSE which I have

maths is very important for the course,and the first year is heavily maths based with a lot of statistics involved (A level standard) , so that fact you don't do maths could be quite costly
Reply 8
Original post by amansingh1997
Same, what were you as grades/subjects and predictions?

I'm a french applicant, so I don't know what are equivalent to my predicted grades in the british system. I believe they are quite good but nothing amazing
I'm the same applied for PPE here way back in September with A*A*A* prediction and not heard back from them but I've seen quite a few people saying they have offers for my course who have predictions of around AAB and applied after me. Starting to panic as I was considering it as my insurance!
Reply 10
Original post by Freestyle29
I'm the same applied for PPE here way back in September with A*A*A* prediction and not heard back from them but I've seen quite a few people saying they have offers for my course who have predictions of around AAB and applied after me. Starting to panic as I was considering it as my insurance!

I know! I'm sort or put off it now, because a girl in my year had an interview and she said it was like 8 miles from everything :/ my boyfriend and my friend got offer really quickly but that's for math and science, I just want an answer regardless so I can make my firm and insurance 😕
Original post by Sinéad
I know! I'm sort or put off it now, because a girl in my year had an interview and she said it was like 8 miles from everything :/ my boyfriend and my friend got offer really quickly but that's for math and science, I just want an answer regardless so I can make my firm and insurance

It is! There really isn't much around it but it's a good uni and very good for my course. It's just putting me off going there as I'm so fed up waiting and seem to lack a fair, systematic way of giving out of offers which doesn't bode well if I was to spend 3 years there!

Quick Reply

Latest