The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Coq
Walcott Ramsey Cazorla Ozil
Giroud

Rosicky on for Ramsey/Ozil, and OX on for Walcott in the second half
Original post by shawn_o1
When one comes, another goes

I'm pretty sure they injure players on purpose in order to keep themselves busy.
Has anyone else slightly forgotten Welbz or is it just me? Also anyone see yesterdays game where the fans confronted their BVB team upon their loss to Augsburg? Pretty emotional
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 963
Should Rosicky start vs Spurs? He has an impressive record against them
no sanchez? hmm.. in that case I may revise my prediction of us destroying them, to just us beating them..

Also, sanchez out longer then we thought? shock. expect him not to be back next week, with an anouncement of antoher 4 week break etc.
Original post by al_94
Should Rosicky start vs Spurs? He has an impressive record against them

who would you drop for him?

I am not sure.. I kind of feel like when you go and win 5-0.. unless there is an injury, you dont change often need to change anything for the next game.
Original post by sr90
Makes you think where Arsenal would be nowadays if it wasn't for Wenger. How many other managers would have been able to keep Arsenal at the top end of the table if they had to play the likes of Almunia, Denilson, Eboue and Bendtner every week.

Try explaining that to the #VengahOut mob.
Reply 967
Original post by Stalin
I'm pretty sure they injure players on purpose in order to keep themselves busy.

We have so many quality players that it would be unethical to have an all fit Arsenal squad. So many players won't even get a chance.

Purely strategic imo
Original post by sr90
Makes you think where Arsenal would be nowadays if it wasn't for Wenger. How many other managers would have been able to keep Arsenal at the top end of the table if they had to play the likes of Almunia, Denilson, Eboue and Bendtner every week.

Also in that list Stepanov, Squillaci probabily Francis Jeffers aswell.

What makes it worse is that in that Dortmund squad they have some world-class players Hummels, Gundogan, Reus, Aubameyang immobile etc... Champions league stardom but then suffer a defeat like that to Augsburg :frown:
Reply 969
Original post by fallen_acorns
who would you drop for him?

I am not sure.. I kind of feel like when you go and win 5-0.. unless there is an injury, you dont change often need to change anything for the next game.

You can drop Ramsey. I'm sure he can play there. We beat Villa 5-0 yeah but Villa are a joke team tbh. He did save us last time at WHL we didn't play well but won because of that amazing goal.
Original post by SA-1
We have so many quality players that it would be unethical to have an all fit Arsenal squad. So many players won't even get a chance.

Purely strategic imo

In all fairness, Alexis needs a rest. He played 50 odd games for Barca, had a decent World Cup, and has played all but two or three games for us this season.

But I agree with what you say: have fun trying to fit Alexis, Cazorla, Ozil, Ramsey, Walcott, Wilshere, Rosicky and OX in our XI when they're all fit.
Original post by Stefano93
Also in that list Stepanov, Squillaci probabily Francis Jeffers aswell.

What makes it worse is that in that Dortmund squad they have some world-class players Hummels, Gundogan, Reus, Aubameyang immobile etc... Champions league stardom but then suffer a defeat like that to Augsburg :frown:

I haven't watched much of BVB this season, but is their poor form due to the fact that teams have understood how to play against them, by letting them have the ball instead of being battered on the counter, and Klopp failing to adapt?

Similar to the problem Rodgers has had this season with Liverpool, until the squad learned to play in a 3-4-3?
Reply 972
Original post by Stalin
In all fairness, Alexis needs a rest. He played 50 odd games for Barca, had a decent World Cup, and has played all but two or three games for us this season.

But I agree with what you say: have fun trying to fit Alexis, Cazorla, Ozil, Ramsey, Walcott, Wilshere, Rosicky and OX in our XI when they're all fit.

Along with giving players like Gnabry, Campbell et al an opportunity.

That would mean Alexis wouldn't have played a NLD. But again, I would rather him stay fit for longer if it means not playing him on Saturday.

Also, isn't Welbeck supposed to be on the bench at least tomorrow?
Regardless of whether we win or lose, it will be close. Sanchez would be helpful but wouldn't change it. I feel the game will end 2-2, similar to Liverpool - we go 1-0 down, go 2-1 up, then let in a late equalizer. We need to silence Eriksen to win, and choke off supply balls to Kane. I would bring on Welbeck and Rosicky as subs, not start them.
Reply 974
Original post by Arkasia
Regardless of whether we win or lose, it will be close. Sanchez would be helpful but wouldn't change it. I feel the game will end 2-2, similar to Liverpool - we go 1-0 down, go 2-1 up, then let in a late equalizer. We need to silence Eriksen to win, and choke off supply balls to Kane. I would bring on Welbeck and Rosicky as subs, not start them.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1423146651.907182.jpg

Man will get Coqblocked
Original post by SA-1
Along with giving players like Gnabry, Campbell et al an opportunity.

That would mean Alexis wouldn't have played a NLD. But again, I would rather him stay fit for longer if it means not playing him on Saturday.

Also, isn't Welbeck supposed to be on the bench at least tomorrow?

Rosicky and Cazorla are 30+ now, though, so it'll free up a spot or two for the likes of Gnabry. Campbell's finished at Arsenal imo unless he goes ham in Spain.

Completely forgot about Welbeck..... He's in the squad for Saturday.
Original post by SA-1
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1423146651.907182.jpg

Man will get Coqblocked

Hope so, we will need another City performance.
Original post by Arkasia

Saturday could very well be another big game in which Alexis fails to turn up.

I agree, Coq has to do a job on Eriksen - and if you silence Eriksen they've got nothing. Rosicky, OX and Welbeck on for Giroud, Walcott/Ramsey and Ozil.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 978
Original post by Stalin
Saturday could very well be another big game in which Alexis fails to turn up.

I agree, Coq has to do a job on Eriksen - and if you silence Eriksen they've got nothing. Rosicky, OX and Welbeck on for Giroud, Walcott/Ramsey and Ozil.

That depth
Original post by Stalin
I haven't watched much of BVB this season, but is their poor form due to the fact that teams have understood how to play against them, by letting them have the ball instead of being battered on the counter, and Klopp failing to adapt?

Similar to the problem Rodgers has had this season with Liverpool, until the squad learned to play in a 3-4-3?

Exactly this. Dortmund used to be renouned for their counter-attacking style of play but almost all teams in the Bundesliga and other leagues have learned how to play against them.

4-2-3-1 Has progressed into a diamond formation as of late but I believe their poor form is down to a lack of mentality in the club with a Manager who's failing to revamp their style of play. They made a huge mistake letting Lewandowski and Reus go, because ever since their have been injury castrated players missing huge parts of their campaign i.e. Reus and Gundogan.

The main thing Dortmund lack at the moment if you see from their games is the confidence, but I still do believe with Klopp they can stiffen up their defensive play in time and learn from this season just like Brendan Rogers at Liverpool and hope they go really far in the Champions League aswell! I was actually hoping they would smash Madrid in that close away leg fixture in the previous season haha!

Latest