The Student Room Group

OCR LAW A2 Criminal Law 2015

Hey guys, not sure if there is one of these yet..? If you are taking the Criminal Law paper this summer on the OCR Specification, make sure you leave a reply to get involved. We can use this thread to help each other with anything we don't understand, and to leave our opinion on what topics you think are likely to come up:smile: (I Know it is a while away yet but may aswell make one now)
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

BUMP HELLO ANYONE???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swagyolo420
Hey guys, not sure if there is one of these yet..? If you are taking the Criminal Law paper this summer on the OCR Specification, make sure you leave a reply to get involved. We can use this thread to help each other with anything we don't understand, and to leave our opinion on what topics you think are likely to come up:smile: (I Know it is a while away yet but may aswell make one now)

Moved this to the Law study help forum for you :hat2:
i'm doing this paper this year!
Original post by lydiastocks
i'm doing this paper this year!

YAY ANOTHER HUMAN:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by She-Ra
Moved this to the Law study help forum for you :hat2:

Thank u im not very organised haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
YAY ANOTHER HUMAN:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha! What do you think is likely to come up??
OKAY LETS SEE, Causation hopefully, cus it didnt come up last year, i would want omissions aswell but that came up last year, the same with murder.. :frown: MAYBE Non fatals and attempts, has ur teacher made any suggestions???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha! What do you think is likely to come up??

Sorry forgot to qoute :\

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did this last year and don't mind helping anyone if you have any questions! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry forgot to qoute :\

Posted from TSR Mobile

No my teacher hasn't made any suggestions! I hope omissions comes up, I really like that, NFOAP, Theft and Defences would be my faves to come up :smile: This exam is sooo hard! But i know all my exam technique really well and hopefully I'll come out with a good grade :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by beingawallflower
I did this last year and don't mind helping anyone if you have any questions! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im struggling to write a strict liability essay and an insanity essay, any tips?
Original post by ToriW
Im struggling to write a strict liability essay and an insanity essay, any tips?

Strict liability is actually in the teacher guide on the OCR website http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/74903-units-g153-and-g154-teacher-guide-criminal-law.pdf although your essay won't need to be this good! xD

I would recommend using the Gammon principles as the structure of your essay. Introduce each one with some cases and examples and comments. SL is actually one of the easier ones because there are lots and lots of AO2 points to make about the unfairness!

Insanity is definitely a difficult one because there is a huge amount of information on it and it gets pretty complicated. I would say focus on a few key areas in detail and create an essay plan (and make sure you have 10+ cases so you can choose the relevant ones in the exam).

As with all the topics, just keep practicing the past essay questions and mark them with the mark scheme. That's the most effective way to revise and will allow you to learn the essay structures for the real exam!

Hope that helped. Let me know if there is anything more specific you want to know.
(edited 9 years ago)
Strict liability is actually in the teacher guide on the OCR website http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/74903-units-g153-and-g154-teacher-guide-criminal-law.pdf although your essay won't need to be this good! xD

I would recommend using the Gammon principles as the structure of your essay. Introduce each one with some cases and examples and comments. SL is actually one of the easier ones because there are lots and lots of AO2 points to make about the unfairness!

Insanity is definitely a difficult one because there is a huge amount of information on it and it gets pretty complicated. I would say focus on a few key areas in detail and create an essay plan (and make sure you have 10+ cases so you can choose the relevant ones in the exam).

As with all the topics, just keep practicing the past essay questions and mark them with the mark scheme. That's the most effective way to revise and will allow you to learn the essay structures for the real exam!

Hope that helped. Let me know if there is anything more specific you want to know.

Our teacher said it was okay to completely forget about one topic if we learnt all the others, is this true? Was there an instance last year where your Didnt revise one topic?? Bcus i would preferably be obliged to leave out strict liability as i hate it! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our teacher said it was okay to completely forget about one topic if we learnt all the others, is this true? Was there an instance last year where your Didnt revise one topic?? Bcus i would preferably be obliged to leave out strict liability as i hate it! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes just one is fine, I didn't learn voluntary manslaughter as it's uncommon but we learnt enough to answer a section C question on it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes just one is fine, I didn't learn voluntary manslaughter as it's uncommon but we learnt enough to answer a section C question on it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

just looking at strict liability now and it makes no sense what so ever so confusing!!
just looking at strict liability now and it makes no sense what so ever so confusing!!

Everyone here is saying the same thing but maybe you should ask your teacher to go over it again. It was the question I wanted most xD there are a lot of AO2 points to make!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats good!:smile: did u answer the exam like section C, then B, then A Cus that how we were told to do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats good!:smile: did u answer the exam like section C, then B, then A Cus that how we were told to do it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our teacher recommended that we do it that way but I found it easier to do ABC :P otherwise I spend too long on C when I can actually do it quite fast :smile: do whichever is right for you! I did the special study ACB though :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our teacher recommended that we do it that way but I found it easier to do ABC :P otherwise I spend too long on C when I can actually do it quite fast :smile: do whichever is right for you! I did the special study ACB though :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay yeah true! I find section C quite easily normally, defence ones can confuse me quite a bit tho:frown: what was ur special study on? Did u find it easier or harder than the actual exam??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending