The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Accommodation 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sezena
The Unis nicest ones are Gill street South and Byron but they're really expensive :frown:

I heard that, how much?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by sophiehowxrd
I heard that, how much?

£148 a week, but there's nicer places you can get for that! :smile:
They're just privately owned
Original post by Sezena
£148 a week, but there's nicer places you can get for that! :smile:
They're just privately owned

maybe I'll look into private then! I wanna be in the City centre
Reply 23
maybe I'll look into private then! I wanna be in the City centre

I think every single private I just listen up there are within a 10 minute walk to the city centre, in fact most are within 5 minutes! :smile:
Original post by Sezena
I think every single private I just listen up there are within a 10 minute walk to the city centre, in fact most are within 5 minutes! :smile:

that's so good! are you putting NTU as your firm choice?
Reply 25
that's so good! are you putting NTU as your firm choice?

I have an unconditional so as soon as my student finance comes through And I know I'll be entitled to some I'll put it as my first! :smile:
Original post by Sezena
I have an unconditional so as soon as my student finance comes through And I know I'll be entitled to some I'll put it as my first! :smile:

oh yeah! that's sick :smile:
Original post by Sezena
Don't worry I will!
Congratulations! :biggrin: What's your offer and studying what if you don't mind me asking? I've got an unconditional for Psychology! :smile:

Thank you! I got a conditional but they just want to see a copy of my exam results and of my English language certificate (as I am a non-UK student), and I've got both well over their requirements so I just need to email them a scanned copy :smile:
And I'm studying Fashion Communication & promotion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by bettysroses
Thank you! I got a conditional but they just want to see a copy of my exam results and of my English language certificate (as I am a non-UK student), and I've got both well over their requirements so I just need to email them a scanned copy :smile:
And I'm studying Fashion Communication & promotion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw yay! I might see you there then! What brings you to england? :biggrin:
Reply 29
Original post by Sezena
Hey guys! It may be a little early as I don't think most of you have seen the accommodation yet but I was wondering if any of you knew which accommodation you'll be going to and why!? :cool:

I really like the look of GSS (Gill Street South), I like the idea that it will be university owned accommodation so I feel like there will be a lot more events taking place during freshers, how ever it is just so expensive!

I was then looking at the Private Accommodation such as the Glass House and Mansion Square because what you get for your money is so much more worth it!
I'm estimated to get 4k for my student living costs which is no where near enough for the Nottingham Trent accommodations, my parents refuse to pay for it so unless I get a job it looks like I'll be staying in my home city for university anyway!
But I really like Nottingham Trent! What are you guys thinking of? :biggrin:

Hi! Yh the uni accommodation are so expensive and so I'm thinking of booking Goldsmith Court (my 1st choice atm) or Glasshouse. I'm going to the open day this month and booked a viewing for both so excited for that! :smile: I have an unconditional offer and already firmed NTU
Ah, I've seen much discussion about accommodation lately! Quite exciting, really. :biggrin:

For me personally, I'm looking at New Hall. I like the fact that they're on Clifton Campus so I don't have to go far for lectures. (My punctuality isn't the best...) Saying that, I like Peverell as well. I would perhaps go for private accommodation because of the price, but I haven't seen any near Clifton... Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places, but– hey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by jc20
Hi! Yh the uni accommodation are so expensive and so I'm thinking of booking Goldsmith Court (my 1st choice atm) or Glasshouse. I'm going to the open day this month and booked a viewing for both so excited for that! :smile: I have an unconditional offer and already firmed NTU

What date is the opening day? I imagine a lot of the private accomodations will be open the weekend and they're the only times I can make it! What's making you think of goldsmith court?
well done on your unconditional! What course is it for? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by miaellenx
Ah, I've seen much discussion about accommodation lately! Quite exciting, really. :biggrin:

For me personally, I'm looking at New Hall. I like the fact that they're on Clifton Campus so I don't have to go far for lectures. (My punctuality isn't the best...) Saying that, I like Peverell as well. I would perhaps go for private accommodation because of the price, but I haven't seen any near Clifton... Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places, but– hey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hm I'm not sure about Clifton campus I've been looking at the city centre! It could still work out cheaper travelling? Who knows! :smile:
What are the disadvantages of going to private halls or advantages in going with the uni options?
Reply 34
Original post by Sezena
What date is the opening day? I imagine a lot of the private accomodations will be open the weekend and they're the only times I can make it! What's making you think of goldsmith court?
well done on your unconditional! What course is it for? :smile:

The open day is on the 21st feb! It's near to the city campus and i've heard really good things about it! I'm still going to look at glasshouse though. We'll see. I'm doing Fashion communication and promotion :smile:
Original post by Sezena
Hm I'm not sure about Clifton campus I've been looking at the city centre! It could still work out cheaper travelling? Who knows! :smile:

Quite possibly. Although- I struggle to get to the bus in time for college as it is, so to me paying that "little bit" extra is worth it for extra time in bed. ^^"
Reply 36
Original post by Sezena
I've definitely decided on private halls, the rooms are so much nicer for a cheaper price than the nice Nottingham Trent accommodation! I think I'm going to look around on Saturday so I'll share my opinions on here with you all!

Glasshouse it is ! ahaha
Reply 37
Is no one looking at Trinity Square or IQ Nottingham private accommodation?
Trinity Square looks good because its really close to everything. IQ is a bit farther out i think, or maybe thats still part of main part? Although is there any negetives in not choosing uni accomodations?
Reply 39
Original post by PearJosh
Trinity Square looks good because its really close to everything. IQ is a bit farther out i think, or maybe thats still part of main part? Although is there any negetives in not choosing uni accomodations?

I haven't quite looked at any negatives towards not going to the actual uni accommodation. Just been thinking about money and what is cheaper. But from what i have read, you don't miss that much if not going to the uni accom as you do meet new people in your flats and that the social life is the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending