Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Postgraduate Applicants/Offer Holders 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by belightandlove
When did you apply?? Congrats btw!!!

application went in on dec 20, rec letters in on jan 6. two weeks was holiday, so i guess it technically took 4 weeks. my documents weren't even assessed before hand from what i can tell, just all changed at once. :cool:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 41
Finally my references have been accepted, but my proposal is still marked "not yet reviewed". :confused:
Original post by Josb
Finally my references have been accepted, but my proposal is still marked "not yet reviewed". :confused:

Sighs. Praying harddd!! All the best 👍
Reply 43
Original post by juliahel
I got accepted for MA Political Economy and MA International Political Economy. Anybody else here? :smile:

Congrats, I have been accepted for MA IPE as well. Does anyone know how good the accommodation in Kings is?
Reply 44
Original post by dovidov
Congrats, I have been accepted for MA IPE as well. Does anyone know how good the accommodation in Kings is?

Congrats to you as well! :smile: I think I'll accept the IPE-offer. I was considering to stay in halls, but I've no idea whether they are good or bad, anyone?
Reply 45
Congrats to you as well! :smile: I think I'll accept the IPE-offer. I was considering to stay in halls, but I've no idea whether they are good or bad, anyone?

It's expensive.
Reply 46
Hi,
I applied for MSc Political Economy of the Emerging Markets on Dec 5. The application status changed to "Received and being processed" last week. I read some posts, people saying their application only took 4 weeks.
I don't know why mine took so long. Is it a bad sign?
Original post by Nikki_L
Hi,
I applied for MSc Political Economy of the Emerging Markets on Dec 5. The application status changed to "Received and being processed" last week. I read some posts, people saying their application only took 4 weeks.
I don't know why mine took so long. Is it a bad sign?

Hi there,
I sure hope not! I sent in mine on 29th dec which was during their 2 week christmas/New Years break and my status is the same as yours.

I have sent them a message through the portal hoping for an answer.
Reply 48
Original post by belightandlove
Hi there,
I sure hope not! I sent in mine on 29th dec which was during their 2 week christmas/New Years break and my status is the same as yours.

I have sent them a message through the portal hoping for an answer.

Keep fingers crossed!
Original post by solshards
MSc International Relations offer holder here.

OMG! That's so exciting, congratulations! I applied for the same program on january 15th, but all of my documents still state "not yet reviewed". Fingers crossed though!
Reply 50
Does anybody know about funding for EU-citizens at KCL? I just found one bursary, which is just 500 pound (one-time payment). Is it really possible that there are no other opportunities?
Reply 51
Does anybody know about funding for EU-citizens at KCL? I just found one bursary, which is just 500 pound (one-time payment). Is it really possible that there are no other opportunities?

It depends on your discipline and level of study.
Reply 52
Tbh funding at KCL is a bit rubbish compared to other Russell Group unis...
Reply 53
Original post by Josb
Tbh funding at KCL is a bit rubbish compared to other Russell Group unis...

Yes that's true... I mean 500 pounds...... :frown:
Reply 54
Yes that's true... I mean 500 pounds...... :frown:

Three weeks of rent. :h:

Ask your supervisor if he knows sth about bursaries offered by the department.
Original post by meneses.sc
OMG! That's so exciting, congratulations! I applied for the same program on january 15th, but all of my documents still state "not yet reviewed". Fingers crossed though!

Took me about 1.5 -2 months to hear back, don't remember exactly how long.
Don't worry about it. :biggrin:
Reply 56
Original post by Josb
Three weeks of rent. :h:

Ask your supervisor if he knows sth about bursaries offered by the department.

Three weeks of rent indeed! ;-)
I hope that it is not a stupid question, but how do I find out, who my supervisor is?
Reply 57
Three weeks of rent indeed! ;-)
I hope that it is not a stupid question, but how do I find out, who my supervisor is?

Don't you have to write a thesis for your Master? I've applied for a PhD so it's a requirement for me to contact prospective supervisors first, but masters students are probably allocated to their supervisors later.
If you already know what your thesis will be about, look at the faculty's research interests there: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/department/department-of-european-amp-international-studies/researchinterests
If you find one that perfectly matches your interests, you can email him telling your subject and asking about bursaries (keep it short, academics are busy people).
Otherwise, you can ask the head of the department, telling her that you're worried about bursaries: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/depts/europeanstudies/people/staff/academic/talani/index.aspx
(Keep it even shorter, heads of dpt are extremely busy.)
Reply 58
Original post by Josb
Don't you have to write a thesis for your Master? I've applied for a PhD so it's a requirement for me to contact prospective supervisors first, but masters students are probably allocated to their supervisors later.
If you already know what your thesis will be about, look at the faculty's research interests there: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/department/department-of-european-amp-international-studies/researchinterests
If you find one that perfectly matches your interests, you can email him telling your subject and asking about bursaries (keep it short, academics are busy people).
Otherwise, you can ask the head of the department, telling her that you're worried about bursaries: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/depts/europeanstudies/people/staff/academic/talani/index.aspx
(Keep it even shorter, heads of dpt are extremely busy.)

Thank you for your answer :-)
I got accepted for a Master' degree, so I'm not a PhD-student, but I'll contact the head of the department
Reply 59

Hey,

Have you checked the King's Master's support scheme? It says it grants up to 10,000 Pounds - they are yet to confirm the application opening/deadline dates. As en EU student this is the only one I am eligible for.

Quick Reply

Latest