The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Have RVC given out any offers for accelerated vetmed yet?
I just received an offer from RVC too! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Well done to everyone else with offers so far- hopefully the rest of the RVC offers should be coming though really soon. It seems like we've been waiting forever!
Original post by megannlizz
I just received an offer from RVC too! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Well done to everyone else with offers so far- hopefully the rest of the RVC offers should be coming though really soon. It seems like we've been waiting forever!

Congrats! When was your interview date?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5343
Original post by liv1294
Have RVC given out any offers for accelerated vetmed yet?

i interviewed for accelerated vet med and still have no reply :frown:
Reply 5344
I got an RVC offer too! Well done to all who've heard and good luck to those still waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done to those with RVC offers, hopefully see you round here in September 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5346
I got rejected from Nottingham a while ago by a letter through the post, which I know quite a few people on here had mentioned. However, it hasn't come through on UCAS. It still just says my application is being considered (referred). I was just wondering is anyone else in the same position? I'm assuming we just have to wait and it will go through eventually?

I was rejected by post a while ago too, I didn't want it up on my ucas as 'still considering' as I know that would lead to me getting my hopes up even though I was rejected and I wanted to keep my ucas in order- if that makes any sense! So I withdrew my application on ucas and so it went to the unsuccessful/full/withdrawn section, just thought it was easier than waiting! Also its kinda nice for it to say 'withdrawn' than 'rejected' or unsuccessful or whatever (even if i know i was actually rejected):colondollar: But if you leave it i'm sure they'll go through eventually :smile:
Reply 5347
[QUOTE="96s;53444073"]
I got rejected from Nottingham a while ago by a letter through the post, which I know quite a few people on here had mentioned. However, it hasn't come through on UCAS. It still just says my application is being considered (referred). I was just wondering is anyone else in the same position? I'm assuming we just have to wait and it will go through eventually?

I was rejected by post a while ago too, I didn't want it up on my ucas as 'still considering' as I know that would lead to me getting my hopes up even though I was rejected and I wanted to keep my ucas in order- if that makes any sense! So I withdrew my application on ucas and so it went to the unsuccessful/full/withdrawn section, just thought it was easier than waiting! Also its kinda nice for it to say 'withdrawn' than 'rejected' or unsuccessful or whatever (even if i know i was actually rejected):colondollar: But if you leave it i'm sure they'll go through eventually :smile:

Nottingham reject you a bit after the deadline for their biovet science offer expiring. Some time in February from memory

Fortunately, some of us had offers by then and couldn't give a flying ....
Has anyone who applied for accelerated vet Med received an offer? Or have only the regular five year courses been given offers so far ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EllyAylwen
Thank you :smile: my interview was on the 11th December.

RVC offer today! My interview was also on the 11th!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jadealycia

Ah ah awesome, I think I'm doing the 1st because it's the only time I can get off work, I'm going to west point instead of Fitzpatrick now
Original post by Alex15
I was there on that interview date! Haven't heard yet though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here 😩 my interview was the 11th and a few people who went on that date have had offers...I somehow think I may not be getting one from here :frown:
Original post by EllyAylwen
Thank you :smile: my interview was on the 11th December.

Oh oh no I was that date but haven't heard anything...I'm not holding out much hope for this one. Congrats though! They haven't given out many yet :smile:
Original post by Alex15
Congrats! When was your interview date?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was 18th December

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="96s;53444073"]

Haha yeah I know what you mean- it would be nicer to say withdrawn I think!
I'm just going to wait for it to go through, but it could be annoying if I hear from everywhere else and I can't make my decisions until they've put it through...

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="T;53444541" D="D" of="of"]
Original post by 96s

Nottingham reject you a bit after the deadline for their biovet science offer expiring. Some time in February from memory

Fortunately, some of us had offers by then and couldn't give a flying ....

Oh ok... Bit insensitive?
I was disappointed to be rejected from them since I had an offer last year, but fortunately I've had three other interviews and two offers so far. Good luck with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is sounds like re. RVC is a similar thing to last year - giving offers to the top 15% from each interview date in the "first wave" and then giving the other top 35% or so their offers a couple of weeks later. However, what also happened last year was that a large swathe got rejected in the "first wave"...so who knows what's happening! That would explain the fact that someone from each date seems to have an offer, while a lot of us are kept waiting. Keep hoping y'all!
Reply 5357
Original post by Fran7
i interviewed for accelerated vet med and still have no reply :frown:

Snap, they'll let us know soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SJS11
Snap, they'll let us know soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

And here :frown: I havent heard anyone who has..
I heard some people were having interviews for it still on wednesday though so maybe itll still be another week or so for us to hear if they have to discuss those interviews now also.
Does anyone know how to format a reference letter?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending