Original post by Blitzkrieg15
As is Birmingham.

My friend studies in Birmingham. It's more expensive
Original post by Nottie
My friend studies in Birmingham. It's more expensive

Nope, not true.
Original post by Blitzkrieg15
Nope, not true.

I'll give you one example: student tickets for the bus cost in Nottingham, 1.90£ or so in Birmingham
Is anyone firming Nottingham for Biochemistry? I'm thinking of picking Nottingham as one of my two choices so what do you find is the best thing about Nottingham or what stands out about it compared to other unis you applied to? I don't go clubbing and i've never visited the uni but it seems like it has a decently large library. Could anyone tell me more about the Life Sciences department and the facilities they have there and what the staff seem to be like thank you so much in advance! :smile:
Reply 945
Original post by lizzyc501
Is anyone firming Nottingham for Biochemistry? I'm thinking of picking Nottingham as one of my two choices so what do you find is the best thing about Nottingham or what stands out about it compared to other unis you applied to? I don't go clubbing and i've never visited the uni but it seems like it has a decently large library. Could anyone tell me more about the Life Sciences department and the facilities they have there and what the staff seem to be like thank you so much in advance! :smile:

Some parts of the campus look absolutely gorgeous online. Haven't visited yet but I would if they'd finally give me an offer...
Got an unconditional offer for CompSci at Nottingham, still torn between Notts and Newcastle. Any other codeboiz in here?
Reply 947
Original post by KarMa611
Got an unconditional offer for CompSci at Nottingham, still torn between Notts and Newcastle. Any other codeboiz in here?

Congratulations on the offers, I'm still waiting for both.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KarMa611

Yeah boii!! I'm firming. Might even choose it over Edinburgh - if they give me an offer!

Nottingham has a much better rep for Comp Sci in my opinion and it is targeted much more by employers.

Newcastle is an awesome city though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are there any jobs after getting a law degree from Nottingham? I have heard its really difficult.
Original post by kusum1234
Are there any jobs after getting a law degree from Nottingham? I have heard its really difficult.

Tons of people get into MC and SC firms from what I hear, Notts' law department is very well reputed and targeted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohkay thank you so much.
Has anyone applied for Physics? And what has your offer been?!
Original post by AR_95
Some parts of the campus look absolutely gorgeous online. Haven't visited yet but I would if they'd finally give me an offer...

Thanks for your reply! :smile: I've tried looking online and I really liked it as well, annoyed that I couldn't go to the Open Day last year...I'm trying to pick either Bath or Nottingham as my insurance and I have no idea which one I should pick. Though I visited Bath something was missing for me...

Good luck with your UCAS!
Thanks for your reply! :smile: I've tried looking online and I really liked it as well, annoyed that I couldn't go to the Open Day last year...I'm trying to pick either Bath or Nottingham as my insurance and I have no idea which one I should pick. Though I visited Bath something was missing for me...

I have been there at the open day last year(June 27th).The campus is great, probably nr1 in UK,and the Chemistry Dept impressed me a lot.I even had the honour to have a chat with Prof.Poliakoff :smile:
Definitely, Nott is one of my two choices.
:goodluck:
Original post by trubadur
I have been there at the open day last year(June 27th).The campus is great, probably nr1 in UK,and the Chemistry Dept impressed me a lot.I even had the honour to have a chat with Prof.Poliakoff :smile:
Definitely, Nott is one of my two choices.
:goodluck:

Hi! Thanks so much for your reply, it helped me clear things up :smile:
Hi! Thanks so much for your reply, it helped me clear things up :smile:

My pleasure:smile:hope to meet you at the freshers:dancing:
Reply 957

Got my offer just now! So excited haha. Was thinking of firming Manchester first but I'm going to firm Nottingham instead.
I've got ABBD AS grades in Psych, RS, History and Eco... Dropped Eco and I'm predicted AAA (only realised I was predicted up once I sent my application off...) Got an ABB offer for history and philosophy of science at UCL but I'm not entirely sure on the course? I also have a reduced offer for nottingham philosophy (ABC) and an offer for philosophy and politics at Birmingham (ABB). SOMEONE PLS GIVE ME ADVICE
Original post by AR_95
Got my offer just now! So excited haha. Was thinking of firming Manchester first but I'm going to firm Nottingham instead.

Congratulations! :biggrin: What course did you apply for? I was going to firm Manchester too but my first choice replied back to me so I think I might have to decline the offer, probably going to put Nottingham as my insurance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending