The Student Room Group

Failed autumn semester pharmacy exams :(

I am studying pharmacy at the university of Nottingham, I just finished 3 exams I think I've failed one or two of them :frown: what shall I do? I have never failed anything :frown: I dont know what to do :frown: advice?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Don't worry! Just forget about the exams until you get the results. You may well have passed! Chin up and try to move forward onto your other work. Only worry about these 3 exams when you get the results for them :biggrin:
Original post by Smash50
Don't worry! Just forget about the exams until you get the results. You may well have passed! Chin up and try to move forward onto your other work. Only worry about these 3 exams when you get the results for them :biggrin:

If a miracle happens then I've passed lol
Thank you so much for your kind words :smile: I have a week off, I will try forget about it till I get my results :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chemistrymaths
If a miracle happens then I've passed lol
Thank you so much for your kind words :smile: I have a week off, I will try forget about it till I get my results :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry too much, enjoy the time off and when you get back to university focus on what is going on. If it even comes to resits, just prepare for them when you know your results.

It happens to the best of us and I'm sure you can do it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im sure you can resit and pass. So problem solved In the long term! Also, I wanted some advice, is pharmacy actually worth it? Will I end up with a degree and not be able to find a job as a pharmacist... Is there any point? How hard is it to find a job, I mean is it impossible? Whats the best way to get a job and if all else fails... which countries would accept me as a pharmacist with a degree from England?
Original post by Science100
Im sure you can resit and pass. So problem solved In the long term! Also, I wanted some advice, is pharmacy actually worth it? Will I end up with a degree and not be able to find a job as a pharmacist... Is there any point? How hard is it to find a job, I mean is it impossible? Whats the best way to get a job and if all else fails... which countries would accept me as a pharmacist with a degree from England?

For me pharmacy is really worth it. It combines all aspects if science; maths, biology chemistry and physics. So if theres someone who doesnt like one topic there is others they will like. Or if theres a topic one is not good at there will be some they will be amazing at! It is so diverse not only as a subject but also as a career. Theres so many paths to choose to take after the degree, its flexible. Also the university I attend have 100% employability, a friend of mine did her pre-reg in london hospital pharmacy, out of 6, 4 of them were from Nottingham uni 😁 i think in terms of getting a job, yes it is hard but if there is someone who is exceptional, i doubt an employer will turn them away. Its all about how willing you are to make yourself stand out from the crowd. A degree in the UK is highly valued globally there are many countries which will offer jobs to UK graduates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am not the brightest A level student, I mean I have offers for pharmacy for BBB in bio chem and psychology and im finding it hard to get them, but if I do, do u reckon I will struggle with pharmacy? Everyone says it is really challenging and I am not that bright really :frown: Also, how does it compare to optometry? I am stuck between the two. I know they are very different but any advice would be appreciated :biggrin:

I just don't want to end up failing pharmacy :frown: that's what worries me, and what are exams like? Worst thing about A level is learning mark scheme points- if u dont mention a specific word, u don't get the mark etc.. so all im doing in college is memorising the mark schemes rather than learning science!! If uni is like this, I have no hope lol :frown:
was thinking of optometry simply because it is less saturated and maybe better job prospects? But if I would be able to do well in pharmacy (2:1) etc then that is what I want to do.. what is holding me back is im scared I will fail or not do well or struggle too much,,, I mean I find A levels hard to achieve BBB! don't want to waste £9000/yr on something I wont be able to cope with :frown:
Original post by Science100
I am not the brightest A level student, I mean I have offers for pharmacy for BBB in bio chem and psychology and im finding it hard to get them, but if I do, do u reckon I will struggle with pharmacy? Everyone says it is really challenging and I am not that bright really :frown: Also, how does it compare to optometry? I am stuck between the two. I know they are very different but any advice would be appreciated :biggrin:

I just don't want to end up failing pharmacy :frown: that's what worries me, and what are exams like? Worst thing about A level is learning mark scheme points- if u dont mention a specific word, u don't get the mark etc.. so all im doing in college is memorising the mark schemes rather than learning science!! If uni is like this, I have no hope lol :frown:
was thinking of optometry simply because it is less saturated and maybe better job prospects? But if I would be able to do well in pharmacy (2:1) etc then that is what I want to do.. what is holding me back is im scared I will fail or not do well or struggle too much,,, I mean I find A levels hard to achieve BBB! don't want to waste £9000/yr on something I wont be able to cope with :frown:

If i am honest with you pharmacy is very hard, i didnt expect it to be this demanding and difficult. But it isnt impossible, if you put the effort in from day one you will do great! And it isnt like a level. We have no mark schemes to learn, learn the content and you will be fine. And dont worry about your grades, there are people on my course who havent done as well in a levels or some even without a level biology who are doing really well. I think its quite different from optometry, if you like pharmacy go for it! I am sure you wil do great as long as you work hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
If i am honest with you pharmacy is very hard, i didnt expect it to be this demanding and difficult. But it isnt impossible, if you put the effort in from day one you will do great! And it isnt like a level. We have no mark schemes to learn, learn the content and you will be fine. And dont worry about your grades, there are people on my course who havent done as well in a levels or some even without a level biology who are doing really well. I think its quite different from optometry, if you like pharmacy go for it! I am sure you wil do great as long as you work hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

aww okay thanks that gives me confidence!! And wht exactly are the exams like? Do they mark you based on how much it seems you understand the topic etc.. and how hard are practical exams?
I heard its almost 100% chemistry but I don't know. I try hard but I hope I can cope with understanding difficult concepts.. sorry fi I make no sense lol!
Wish they cap the numbers though, may make it less saturated!!! but thanks for the advice :biggrin: what uni are u at? and do u reckon uni makes much of a difference?? and one last thing, what do u reckon was hardest for u in the exams?? since u didn't do so well but im sure u can bring it up!! how do resits work? sorry im scared its respected degree and I don't wanna end up failing it completely and wasting my time :P x
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
I am studying pharmacy at the university of Nottingham, I just finished 3 exams I think I've failed one or two of them :frown: what shall I do? I have never failed anything :frown: I dont know what to do :frown: advice?
Posted from TSR MobilI

I know this is late and you might not even reply...How did you do btw?...I am in my first-year pharmacy and I also feel like I will fail the autumn semester.
Don't feel too disheartened. Pharmacy is a very tough degree, at one point, around 50% of my class had failed an exam! Try to investigate what went wrong and then ace the resit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending