Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by lizzyc501
Congratulations! :biggrin: What course did you apply for? I was going to firm Manchester too but my first choice replied back to me so I think I might have to decline the offer, probably going to put Nottingham as my insurance :smile:

Mechanical engineering but with a foundation year start
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by oharasmo
I've got ABBD AS grades in Psych, RS, History and Eco... Dropped Eco and I'm predicted AAA (only realised I was predicted up once I sent my application off...) Got an ABB offer for history and philosophy of science at UCL but I'm not entirely sure on the course? I also have a reduced offer for nottingham philosophy (ABC) and an offer for philosophy and politics at Birmingham (ABB). SOMEONE PLS GIVE ME ADVICE

What advice do you need? I'd go for UCL personally, but no idea about the course. Notts and Bham are about the same standard, though employers marginally favour Nottingham still.
Congratulations! :biggrin: What course did you apply for? I was going to firm Manchester too but my first choice replied back to me so I think I might have to decline the offer, probably going to put Nottingham as my insurance :smile:

May I ask where you are from roughly, the course applied for etc? I can tell straight away where people might end up happier.
Original post by Blitzkrieg15
May I ask where you are from roughly, the course applied for etc? I can tell straight away where people might end up happier.

Oh hi :smile: Thanks for your reply, I'm applying as an international student. I applied for Biochemistry at Imperial, Manchester, Bath, Nottingham and York. York has not replied back to me (I have a feeling I'm going to get a rejection) but otherwise I'm not sure what to do for my insurance, it's either Bath or Nottingham
Oh hi :smile: Thanks for your reply, I'm applying as an international student. I applied for Biochemistry at Imperial, Manchester, Bath, Nottingham and York. York has not replied back to me (I have a feeling I'm going to get a rejection) but otherwise I'm not sure what to do for my insurance, it's either Bath or Nottingham

Do you prefer a green spacious campus, or a university with buildings scattered across the City Centre? Also, is London appealing?
Do you prefer a green spacious campus, or a university with buildings scattered across the City Centre? Also, is London appealing?

Imperial's definitely my firm. I visited Bath, Manchester and York and I really liked Manchester and York really impressed me (even though I haven't heard back :frown: ). Bath was ok, I guess I just don't like small campuses, staff seemed really supportive though! I'm more into research and facilities than job prospects. Don't really mind whether the campus is urbanised or green though, either would do :smile:
Imperial's definitely my firm. I visited Bath, Manchester and York and I really liked Manchester and York really impressed me (even though I haven't heard back :frown: ). Bath was ok, I guess I just don't like small campuses, staff seemed really supportive though! I'm more into research and facilities than job prospects. Don't really mind whether the campus is urbanised or green though, either would do :smile:

The great thing about Bath is the fact the city is so posh and safe, and it has a brilliant rep in the UK with employers. I was about to say that Nottingham has the best campus, unbeatable.
The great thing about Bath is the fact the city is so posh and safe, and it has a brilliant rep in the UK with employers. I was about to say that Nottingham has the best campus, unbeatable.

I'm residing in a rather posh area so perhaps that's why I don't spot that advantage. Probably going to choose Nottingham then, cheers and many thanks. Do you know anything about there departmental facilities, or are they pretty much the same between the two? (Sorry I'm asking so many questions)
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm residing in a rather posh area so perhaps that's why I don't spot that advantage. Probably going to choose Nottingham then, cheers and many thanks. Do you know anything about there departmental facilities, or are they pretty much the same between the two? (Sorry I'm asking so many questions)

About the same in facilities I think, but Bath students (480 points) are on average a grade brighter than Notts students (440 points). Nottingham are trying to change that over time.
About the same in facilities I think, but Bath students (480 points) are on average a grade brighter than Notts students (440 points). Nottingham are trying to change that over time.

That means we have to go there, to raise the grade:wink:
Original post by trubadur
That means we have to go there, to raise the grade:wink:

Nottingham told me they raise the requirements slowly as part of their overall strategy to improve. Being a large university with 24,000 undergraduates means they can't just raise the grades overnight.
Nottingham told me they raise the requirements slowly as part of their overall strategy to improve. Being a large university with 24,000 undergraduates means they can't just raise the grades overnight.

It seems that you are very well informed:smile: and yes the campus is great and all the people I've met at the Chem Dept were very kind and supportive. I was very impressed at the open day and definitely decided, Nott will be one of my choices.
It seems that you are very well informed:smile: and yes the campus is great and all the people I've met at the Chem Dept were very kind and supportive. I was very impressed at the open day and definitely decided, Nott will be one of my choices.

Notts and GSK have great relations, they sponsored the new build Chemistry building.
Unfortunately, the fire destroyed a lot.
I am sure they have the power to recover.
Unfortunately, the fire destroyed a lot.
I am sure they have the power to recover.

It was insured, and the re-build is in progress.
It was insured, and the re-build is in progress.

Sure.Hope we'll be there to see it built:smile:
What advice do you need? I'd go for UCL personally, but no idea about the course. Notts and Bham are about the same standard, though employers marginally favour Nottingham still.

I was unsure on career prospects etc. But thanks for responding, I think I'll go with UCL
Original post by oharasmo
I was unsure on career prospects etc. But thanks for responding, I think I'll go with UCL

Career prospects UCL > Notts > Birmingham. But the subject you study matters a lot. Employers generally prefer certain subjects, such as Economics, English, Maths.
Notts and GSK have great relations, they sponsored the new build Chemistry building.

The Chancellor of the uni is also the CEO of GSK.
Original post by EMassey
The Chancellor of the uni is also the CEO of GSK.

I thought he was former CEO of GSK?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending