The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ko111
nope it's probable that you will enter heaven but still not certain.

it basically means you passed the first test..

Im still not too sure about this tbh. I've seen soo many people say things like some people will know whether they go to hell or not in their graves :dontknow:

But can we really say for 100% where we will be before judgement day? :dontknow:

If someone could clarify, that'd be good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Hehe feel free to make a thread. :colone:

I have almost finished writing a response to Hamza's video, but my reply is huge >_< I tried to be as terse as possible but there were too many points in his video that annoyed me :tongue:
Original post by Incredible97
AsalaamAlaikum :smile:

WalaikumAsalaam :smile:

Subhanallah Great post :yy:

Thank you for sharing
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ImNotMe
I didn't believe in anything to do with religion and was very 'vocal' about it too; until a college acquaintance introduced (technically re-introduced) me to Islam about 3/4 years ago. Instead of judging me for my sins, he took me to the Friday prayer which sparked an interest! And here we are today Alhamdulillah!

Masha Allah. That's great to hear :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by accretion disk
Always be grateful :yes:

He who does not thank the people does not thank allah

Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah does not thank the person who does not thank people."

Grade: sahih (al-albani)

Al-adab al-mufrad 218

JazakAllah for this Hadith, glad you cleared that up for me :smile: Although, I still have a little bit of doubt between the Islamic concept of thanking people and the western meaning of 'thank you'.
Original post by Incredible97
AsalaamAlaikum :smile:

:yy:

Walaykumasalaam all
I have an exam tomorrow :colondollar:
Reply 3227
Im still not too sure about this tbh. I've seen soo many people say things like some people will know whether they go to hell or not in their graves :dontknow:

But can we really say for 100% where we will be before judgement day? :dontknow:

If someone could clarify, that'd be good

Posted from TSR Mobile

simple answer: no one knows until yawm ul qiyamah...
Original post by Mary562

Good luck!
Original post by ImNotMe
JazakAllah for this Hadith, glad you cleared that up for me :smile: Although, I still have a little bit of doubt between the Islamic concept of thanking people and the western meaning of 'thank you'.

Perhaps the tafseer of 'Alhamdulillahi Rabb al-Aalameen' (Praise is for Allah, the Rabb of the Aalameen) would clear things up.

The phrase, ‘Alhamdulillah is an all inclusive phrase, it is not merely a declaration of thanks---since thanking does not require nor imply praise---rather it contains a greater meaning. Ibrahim alayhi as-salaam thanked his father because Allah commanded him to do so, but he did not praise him. Allah is worthy of being praised and thanked at the same time. Therefore, in the phrase, ‘Alhamdulillah,’ praise and thanks are combined.

Hence, an accurate translation of that part of the ayah would be, “All praise and thanks be to Allah.” Note, that the verbal-noun ‘praise’ is mentioned here as a noun and not a verb (e.g.praise Allah). This subtle feature implies permanence, as nouns imply permanence and verb simply time-constraints and temporariness. And this is appropriate because the praise of Allah is timeless, it was there before we were here, it is here now, and will remain here after us. So when we say, ‘Alhamdulillah,’ we are declaring that all praise and thanks are for Allah, and they are independent of us.

Source: http://ia601200.us.archive.org/8/items/Linguisticmiracle.comTafsirNotes-Bayyinah.tvnoumanAliKhan/1-SurahAlFatihatheOpening-linguisticmiracle.pdf
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mary562

May Allah help you. :smile:
Original post by Mary562

Inshallah you will nail your exam

Good luck Sis
Original post by Mary562

Insha Allah it goes well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FlareBlitz96
I would love to see atheists debate this:colondollar:

I think they already have haha.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2549356
Note: If someone gets banned please don't gloat about it. You wouldn't the same to be done to you (i.e. you made fun of). :smile:
Reply 3235
Salaam

http://www.therevival.co.uk/blogs/tpos/grown-decisions

Are these kinds of thoughts that bother guys too? (I'm assuming girls DO think about this kind of stuff...do you?)
Salam ISoc family, hope you are well. This recitation has helped me so so so much, subhanAllah. Please remember me in your du'as.

Original post by Ankabout
Note: If someone gets banned please don't gloat about it. You wouldn't the same to be done to you (i.e. you made fun of). :smile:

Hello, ankabout.

Are you referring to anyone in particular :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, ankabout.

Are you referring to anyone in particular :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes and they know who they are.
Original post by Ankabout
Yes and they know who they are.

Right. I wonder who that person is:hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile