The Student Room Group

BBC Question Time Discussion Thread

BBC Question Time Discussion Thread

We've been long overdue a BBC Question Time discussion thread, so I think it's about time we had one! BBC Question time airs every Thursday at around 10:45pm and follows the following format:

Spoiler

Every week we can post live with, and after, the show and discuss all the controversial issues. Question Time is always entertaining, even if it's just the ludicrous responses some of the panellists come out with. :tongue:

We'd love as many of you as possible to get involved with our discussions every week, so please do join us. :h:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

Tonight's panel, as Tweeted by the BBC Question Time Twitter account.

Any episode with George Galloway is usually a fun one to watch, so I think tonight will be good. :tongue:
Geroge Galloway literally spent have the show being attacked by Zionists :lol:
I love it when David Starkey comes on. I either strongly agree or disagree with him. Bit I'm always entertained by him. And he's the only one with the balls to insult the dumb audiences who just applaud the politically correct soundbites with no engagement with the ideas whatsoever.
Reply 4
Original post by DaveSmith99
Geroge Galloway literally spent have the show being attacked by Zionists :lol:

I thought the audience tonight were disgraceful. They barely let him speak and kept shouting over him.

I thought it was much more entertaining watching Tristram Hunt getting slammed by everyone all throughout the show up until the attention moved onto Galloway. To be honest he deserved it, the way he kept avoiding questions and giving indirect, vague responses.
Original post by Reluire
I thought the audience tonight were disgraceful. They barely let him speak and kept shouting over him.

I thought it was much more entertaining watching Tristram Hunt getting slammed by everyone all throughout the show up until the attention moved onto Galloway. To be honest he deserved it, the way he kept avoiding questions and giving indirect, vague responses.

Tristram Hunt was a disaster, no idea why Labour keep deciding to send him out in front of the TV cameras.

Galloway was right about the audience balance though, looks like he was sent into a lynch-mob just because it made more interesting TV.
Reply 6
Tristram Hunt was a disaster, no idea why Labour keep deciding to send him out in front of the TV cameras.

Galloway was right about the audience balance though, looks like he was sent into a lynch-mob just because it made more interesting TV.

Yeah he's not exactly their greatest spokesperson; he just seems like yet another politician we all struggle to relate with.

He was clearly ambushed, but he probably expected it seeing as Jews and Israel are his most associated topics wherever he goes. I'm glad one person was able to voice their support for Galloway though since it was beginning to seem like everybody, including the panel, were ganging up on him in lynch-mob style. He's not even very unreasonable which is why I think I'm coming to his defence. People mistakenly label him as an anti-semite when he simply isn't.
Think tonight's episode was awful. The audiences treatment of Galloway was totally unacceptable but the way Dimbleby dealt, or didn't for most of the time, with it was damning. Seems like in recent months he has become much weaker in terms of keeping the debate on course, might be worth looking around for an alternative?

The picking of Galloway, Starkey and others shows that the BBC is worried by the show not being entertaining enough. I think thats a fairly damning indictment on both the BBC and the British public.
Well, I'm going to go watch it now, line up looks fun with Morgan, Hunt and Galloway
Odd. I thought being against Isreal was the most common opion and if you believed anything else you were a Zionist pig.
I laughed when Tristran Hunt got rekt, then the Conservative lady sat there knowing she will get rekt in a minute. Hilarious.

George Galloway getting rekt by everyone was hilarious.
(edited 9 years ago)
Two things, it's tristram, and "the Conservative lady" has a name, and given this is a student forum and she's the education secretary...
I rather enjoyed Mr Hunt saying that there are 93 days left until the election, either he doesn't know which day of the week the election is on or he doesn't know his 7 times tables :biggrin:

Also, looking at some other recent ones, Russel Brand seems to have an issue with 40% tax instead of 26% and showed just how unintelligent the electorate is based on the response. He had a problem with there being no caps on bankers' bonuses under austerity. If he had done his research, or, far more likely was just being honest, he would welcome this. £80bn given in bonuses should be translating to something like £30bn in tax revenues, quite likely less since it's not all to high earners but that's partially accounted for. On the other hand, if that were just kept as profits only 20.8bn would have been taken, and then any taxes on any dividends that may have been paid, supposing they were, and that assumes that that 80bn would have been a profit for the banks, but if it wasn't there are other questions to be raised anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)
They did a perfectly good job of showing that it's freedom on speech for some.
Reply 14
Original post by Jammy Duel
They did a perfectly good job of showing that it's freedom on speech for some.

Yes, I did find it rather amusing how when Galloway made that point to the Jews who were shouting at him in the audience, they just kept booing, jeering and shouting over him - thus proving his point. :tongue:

Yeah, Hunt was certainly poor.
Reply 16
Original post by Foo.mp3
This, but I sometimes worry that he is the BBC's stooge: a deliberately stuffy, outdated, irritable and offensive caricature designed undermine the credibility of those who share the same knowledge/opinions as him, and related movements, regarding matters of real importance e.g. on immigration and related malevolent 'cultural' themes :beard:

Sounds a little tin foil hat.
Reply 17
george galloway is an idiot but freedom of speech must be retained in this country
Can you imagine the reaction if Muslims shouted and goaded an MP the way GG was, there would have been crys of extremism. 100 Zionists who try to conflate Judaism with right wing Zionism vs GG and he still won.
Reply 19
Galloway handled himself well against a ridiculous crowd. Morgan is so uncharistmatic and spent a large proprortion of her time talking about how great Cameron is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending