The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tekitw
Yeh I've heard Schafer is nice! I'm still undecided if I want catered or self catered, what made you decide you want self catered?

My boyfriend is at cambridge and his college don't allow him to have cooking equipment.. And hall meals can be really dodgy. I would just prefer the freedom to choose and spend money on food i want.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 761
Original post by emiliehill95
My boyfriend is at cambridge and his college don't allow him to have cooking equipment.. And hall meals can be really dodgy. I would just prefer the freedom to choose and spend money on food i want.

Ah that's **** :/ fair point tho, I probably won't decide what I'm gonna do till I'm actually filling out the application
I've got ABBD AS grades in Psych, RS, History and Eco... Dropped Eco and I'm predicted AAA. Got an ABB offer for history and philosophy of science but I'm not entirely sure on the course? I also have a reduced offer for nottingham philosophy (ABC) and an offer for philosophy and politics at Birmingham (ABB). SOMEONE PLS GIVE ME ADVICE
Original post by 0114joe
Just received an offer for Biomedical Engineering, anyone else have an offer to study this?

Me! It's my insurance :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 764
Original post by imusti96
Same i just received an offer today for the course. Are you attending the open day?

The open day is on 27th of Feb but I don't want to go to the open day on a Friday :frown:

PS sorry I got the offer for Maths with Economics
Original post by aersh8
Me! It's my insurance :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not imperial?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 766
Original post by sabinaraus
Me! I'm already on week 14 of waiting for UCL's reply :frown:, I don't know if that's normal as I already have all the other 4 offers. I have an equivalent of A levels (Romanian Baccalaureate), predicted A*AA including Psychology. When did you send your application and what are your grades? :smile:

Hi there!

So...I am in the exact situation as you concerning ucl (week 14, haven't heard anything; also romanian :smile:)) ). I didn't even get a questionnaire or sth like that and I'm starting to get a little worried. What other unis did you apply to?
Original post by physicsmaths
Not imperial?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I am eligible for the UCL bursary but not the Imperial one - that's my only reason :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Understandable with international fees !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Understandable with international fees !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually I pay the same £9000 fees and qualify for a tuition fee loan (since I'm EU) - it's the maintenance costs that are the problem! And to be fair UCL is only *slightly* worse than Imperial so it's not much of a compromise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Actually I pay the same £9000 fees and qualify for a tuition fee loan (since I'm EU) - it's the maintenance costs that are the problem! And to be fair UCL is only *slightly* worse than Imperial so it's not much of a compromise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldnt worry though, we got the 'other' place ..........still shocked haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wouldnt worry though, we got the 'other' place ..........still shocked haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! I'm going to watch Theory of Everything again tomorrow with some other friends to get excited about John's again :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Yeah! I'm going to watch Theory of Everything again tomorrow with some other friends to get excited about John's again :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol again? Forget that film lol thought it was gna be physics and maths. But na it was love and that. I was dissapointed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol again? Forget that film lol thought it was gna be physics and maths. But na it was love and that. I was dissapointed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the storyline was meh but the first third or so is set in John's which just fills my heart with joy (this sounded wayyy too cheesy :wink:)
My physics teacher had a 15 minute rant about the sheer amount of physics mistakes they managed to make despite the minimal amount of actual physics content. So I guess I'll be busy revising my astrophysics this time round by trying to spot the errors!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 774
Original post by wkit11
The open day is on 27th of Feb but I don't want to go to the open day on a Friday :frown:

PS sorry I got the offer for Maths with Economics

Congrats on your offer! If you don't mind my asking, when did you send your application?
Did anyone go for an engineering Open Day? Could you share your opinions?
Thanks!
UCL will be my insurance if I get an offer from Imperial College, and my firm if I don't
Original post by aersh8
Yeah the storyline was meh but the first third or so is set in John's which just fills my heart with joy (this sounded wayyy too cheesy :wink:)
My physics teacher had a 15 minute rant about the sheer amount of physics mistakes they managed to make despite the minimal amount of actual physics content. So I guess I'll be busy revising my astrophysics this time round by trying to spot the errors!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by allievy
Hi there!

So...I am in the exact situation as you concerning ucl (week 14, haven't heard anything; also romanian :smile:)) ). I didn't even get a questionnaire or sth like that and I'm starting to get a little worried. What other unis did you apply to?

Oh wow what a coincidence! :biggrin: I also applied to King's College, Queen Mary, City University and Birkbeck (all in London), and UCL is the last one to hear from. Never got a questionnaire or an interview either, nothing at all (but I've heard that they mostly replaced interviews with questionnaires anyway). I'm already getting impatient to hear their answer, no matter what that is, though of course hoping for an offer! :smile:
What unis did you apply to?
Original post by hadrien_dc
Still anyone for management science?

No. I applied on the 13th of November and I haven't even received the questionnaire :frown:
I'm from Italy though. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 779
Original post by sabinaraus
Oh wow what a coincidence! :biggrin: I also applied to King's College, Queen Mary, City University and Birkbeck (all in London), and UCL is the last one to hear from. Never got a questionnaire or an interview either, nothing at all (but I've heard that they mostly replaced interviews with questionnaires anyway). I'm already getting impatient to hear their answer, no matter what that is, though of course hoping for an offer! :smile:
What unis did you apply to?

Well, it's very relieving knowing I am not the only one in this situation, I thought that...well, idk really but I was scared it was bad news. I also applied to Birmingham, St Andrews and Aberdeen (Scotland). Haven't heard from either. Although Bgham did ask for my grade transcript back in november, but nothing ever since. As for St Andrews and Aberdeen, I know they start replying after jan 15th so I don't think I will hear from them any time soon. I am just genuinely nervous about UCL and their lack of response. Oh, about that, one more question: did u get an email saying that "your application is now being considered" or something? I got mine in november and I thought they had made one of those "fields" they talk about in that email, which is mainly why it concerns me that I haven't heard from them at all so far...
Btw, congratulations on you offers! :tongue: Have you thought about your firm choice? (I'm sure you'll get into UCL too, dont worry about it).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending