The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by \/ibhav
What I post in the summer thread is regarding summer and what I post in the spring thread is regarding spring.

I apologise for confusing you. I'm a 2nd year on a variable degree (3/4 years) and so before I decide how many years I do (on the recommendation of analysts from various banks), I've applied for both Spring and Summer and somehow I've ended up with one summer (JPM) and no springs so far. If I now get GS and then manage to convert it, I'll need to really think things through (and it'll probably depend on how I find my desk in summer), but otherwise, I'll probably do 3 years and move on. I hope that makes sense!

Oh cool.
Have banks let you apply for spring *and* summer at the same place? I was under the impression you could only apply once a cycle for some places, how did you choose how to split up the apps?
Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
Oh cool.
Have banks let you apply for spring *and* summer at the same place? I was under the impression you could only apply once a cycle for some places, how did you choose how to split up the apps?
Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks and no, I can't apply twice at the same place; I had to split them up. A lot of places don't specifically ask for students in their penultimate year, so I applied to them for summer. I then chose a few good ones like JPM and MS, just in case I get a summer (I wasn't really expecting to). At JPM, I actually explained the whole variable degree situation to the MD of the desk who ended up taking me and he understood. So unless GS now complicates things (which I hope they do), I should end up as a graduate at JP from 2016!
anybody heard any GS securities news today?
Barclays FO first round interview this afternoon. Any advice?
For the GS application portal, if you still see 'your application is under review' and you are still waiting for an interview, does this mean you are rejected? Please would someone answer me :frown:
Original post by mlee444
For the GS application portal, if you still see 'your application is under review' and you are still waiting for an interview, does this mean you are rejected? Please would someone answer me :frown:

no one knows
Original post by BumbleB33
Barclays FO first round interview this afternoon. Any advice?

Start each answer with an inspirational Adam Smith quote and remember to mention this at some point:

10961870_10153199480371833_1648194279_n.jpg

Finally, remember to regularly pause for dramatic effect.

Spoiler

Offer from Credit Suisse Tech but actually clash with JPM tech. Which one do you is better? As Credit Suisse potential can fast track to an offer for summer intern though JPM has higher reputation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm considering applying for HSBC Summer Retail/Wealth alongside my current Spring Week applications. Do you think its worth going through with this scheme even though it's not strictly investment banking? Will it benefit me in the future?
Original post by mrcool1995
MS or BAML? which on to pick?

I would pick BAML, better conversion rate
Two missed calls yesterday from Goldman Sachs - assume they only call to give offers?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Unsworth
Two missed calls yesterday from Goldman Sachs - assume they only call to give offers?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why don't you call them back and find out rather than asking :wink:
Original post by Hobes1
Why don't you call them back and find out rather than asking :wink:

Obviously I have already given that a go but grad recruitment haven't been answering.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Obviously I have already given that a go but grad recruitment haven't been answering.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was kidding :P, yeah I've been there before. HR are sometimes a mission.
Does anyone have a hr number beginning 07468, also I'm really unsure whether to apply to baml summer with spring still pending?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Either a offer or a very near miss - Good luck bud!
Barclays First Round Interview!
Do I pick Lazard or BNP Paribas?? Hellpppp
Offer GS Securities!!! The 0207 call is for offers!!!:smile::smile::smile:
Original post by Bdoskail
Barclays First Round Interview!

Same :biggrin: It seems like we're in the same batch :P

Latest

Trending

Trending