The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
We would have utilised Jovetic much better if we had bought him two seasons ago IMO.

Did we even put a bid in or was it just rumours?
Original post by SA-1
We would have utilised Jovetic much better if we had bought him two seasons ago IMO.

Did we even put a bid in or was it just rumours?

Loads were saying he is so similar to Giroud if not just a level up or something. Meh.
I dunno about Spurs.

Even when they beat us at WHL we still had enough chances to make it a draw, with Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla and Giroud you will create chances.

I think Arsenal have a team that can win every game if the players are fit, the players there all have individual qualities that can be used in separate systems, rather than having one system to fit the players in.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hope you lose.

Think you'll win though.
Original post by Zürich
Been saying this all season but our squad depth is superior to Chelsea's in general. Take away even 3 of their first team players and they've got the likes of Rameires and Mikel making up the number. For us it's Alexis out then Walcott in. Ozil out then Cazorla in. Ramsey out then Arteta in etc etc.

Pity those ***** did some kind of deal with satan and never get injuries

Yeah our squad depth is ****. Been saying that for ages. Ramsey to Wilshere you mean since Arteta is pretty terrible. Your squad depth in AM is better though and in CM(Wilshere, Arteta, Rosicky when our backup to Fabregas is Ramires). I think your team's backups are closer in quality to each other, which may constitute to better squad depth, but in terms of actual strength you don't come close to Chelsea in key areas(Striker, central midfield, fullback and possibly CB)

We don't get injuries because of the football we play, play the best football in the league for 20mins until we score then we just pass it around the back afterwards.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1005
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9701713/alexis-sanchez-will-attempt-to-play-in-north-london-derby-against-tottenham-says-arsene-wenger

Wow, the guy wants to play so bad that I'm actually afraid he'll injure himself in the process.

That motivation is so admirable though, you don't see enough of it these days
Original post by SA-1
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9701713/alexis-sanchez-will-attempt-to-play-in-north-london-derby-against-tottenham-says-arsene-wenger

Wow, the guy wants to play so bad that I'm actually afraid he'll injure himself in the process.

That motivation is so admirable though, you don't see enough of it these days

Such an admirable player. Guy wants to score his first NLD goal and become a bona fide legend.
Match thread when?

Posted from TSR Mobile
End of the day it's Spurs. Either we just turn up and do them and get the #259 home or we play out a classic 4-4 and they can have their DVD. NLD is always a giggle

It's not a must win at all so pretty relaxed. Defensively Koscielny is perfect to counter Kane in terms of aggressively marking him and we will score goals against them even without Alexis.

I'll go with the same from Villa cos we was purring

Ospina
Bellerin Kosc Mertesacker Monreal
Ramsey Coquelin
Ozil
Walcott Giroud Santi

Theo loves tearing Spurs a new one and I'd like to see Rosicky on as well because he is nearly on Pires level Spurs-bashing really.

Bench should be decent with Welbeck back as well.

Predcition: 3-1 Arse
(edited 9 years ago)
Spurs are the strangest club tbh, so inconsistent. Will thrash us then lose to some wack team like West Brom.
Wilshere's a joke tbh - but I don't see anything wrong with shisha. You don't even inhale it.

He does need to stop putting himself in these predicaments, though. And probably lay off the harder stuff, too.
Original post by Mackay
Wilshere's a joke tbh - but I don't see anything wrong with shisha. You don't even inhale it.

He does need to stop putting himself in these predicaments, though. And probably lay off the harder stuff, too.

If I walked into the mens of a West end club and saw Wilshere doing lines of coke off a toilet seat I would just be like ''standard'' tbh

Funny thing is, he genuinely has been good this season overall before his injury. Some stand-out games and consistent too. His best bet longer term is really to try and replace Cazorla in the current system
Original post by Zürich
If I walked into the mens of a West end club and saw Wilshere doing lines of coke off a toilet seat I would just be like ''standard'' tbh

Funny thing is, he genuinely has been good this season overall before his injury. Some stand-out games and consistent too. His best bet longer term is really to try and replace Cazorla in the current system

Indeed! No argument from me. He's even impressed me in an England shirt. Just can tell what **** he is in real life, though. That backwards baseball cap. He's the type of older guy who'd hang around the school car park in his Micra waiting to pick up the fittest girl in your year during Year 11.
Original post by Mackay
Indeed! No argument from me. He's even impressed me in an England shirt. Just can tell what **** he is in real life, though. That backwards baseball cap. He's the type of older guy who'd hang around the school car park in his Micra waiting to pick up the fittest girl in your year during Year 11.

Used to think he was sort of alright actually but it's become apparent he is a proper dickhead :laugh:

Wilshere is the kind of guy who starts needless fights on a night out, then makes himself scarce while his 'boys' sort it out for him
Original post by Zürich

Same here personally.

Wilshere has been good. Tbh I think he gets unwarranted criticism.
Go to Google and type: 'define dodgy'. Read the thirdish definition, look for 'low-quality'. :biggrin:

#****SPUDS
Original post by jam277
Same here personally.

Wilshere has been good. Tbh I think he gets unwarranted criticism.

He gets criticism for getting himself into these farcical and nonsensical situations, though. If he got his head down and worked hard he'd proved the doubters wrong - which is what Henderson did at Liverpool.
Original post by Mackay

Shisha is still bad for you though. Even if you don't inhale some of it still goes inside
Reply 1018
Ospina has as many clean sheets as Shez..

..just let that sink in for a moment
Original post by SA-1
Ospina has as many clean sheets as Shez..

..just let that sink in for a moment

I've been saying szcz was not as good as arsenal fans made out. People even thought he was on par with de gea. I even said fabianski was more talented than szcz. After being displaced szcz never won his place back but got his place back because of injuries and the like to his competitors when they had the no.1 gloves

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest