The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Usmanaftab18
Hi guys,

I have my numeracy and literacy test on 11th February 2015. Does anyone have a clue as to what sort of questions pop up.

Also if anyone has been interviewed what kind of questions do they ask?

Im on that date too! I've just been practicing tests from other universities and going over my basic maths GCSE work.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
The questions are about medicine, KPH, and other random stuff like ratio etc x
Reply 82
I just got an offer for City PGDip childrens nursing :smile: xx
Reply 83
Hey everyone, I've got my MMI for Kings on the 19th. I'm hoping to study the pgdip in adult nursing, anyone else?! Also if anyone can offer any advice for the MMI I would be really grateful!!

Good luck to everyone and congratulations to all the future nurses!! :smile:
Reply 84
Hello guys, I applied to it on the 18th December but I still haven't got a reply :/
I know that they said it will take 6 weeks but I am quite uncertain... Should I email them and find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nisa091
Hello guys, I applied to it on the 18th December but I still haven't got a reply :/
I know that they said it will take 6 weeks but I am quite uncertain... Should I email them and find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCAS was closed during the Christmas time so that could be a reason... They took a while to respond back to me as well and if they didn't like your application, they probably would've declined you straightaway but since you haven't heard, don't lose hope yet :smile: I'd definitely email them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emferrer
Congratulations!!! I had mine on the same day as you, when did you hear this morning or just now?

I agree on the advice though :smile:

xx

Thank you!!! :smile:

I found out at around half 7 in the evening - not sure why they choose to email at night but not bothered as it was good news!! What are you applying for? good luck!! xx
Original post by smariakatrina
Congrats on your offer! I got an offer as well but for Adult :smile: Will you be firming King's?

Congratulations on your offer!! :biggrin:

Yes I am definitely firming kings! Are you?
Not sure where to apply for accommodation though, want to be close to the campus!
Original post by Fionnuala95
Congratulations on your offer!! :biggrin:

Yes I am definitely firming kings! Are you?
Not sure where to apply for accommodation though, want to be close to the campus!

Thank you and yep, firmed it last week! I'm thinking of Stamford Street since it's super close to Waterloo :smile: What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you and yep, firmed it last week! I'm thinking of Stamford Street since it's super close to Waterloo :smile: What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I was thinking Stamford Street as well but read somewhere nursing was more on the guys campus...could be wrong though??
Yeah I was thinking Stamford Street as well but read somewhere nursing was more on the guys campus...could be wrong though??

From what I've researched, nursing is in Waterloo and Guys is home to medicine and life sciences, although we may be required to go there for some lectures! But I could be wrong as well though haha!
Reply 91
Thank you!!! :smile:

I found out at around half 7 in the evening - not sure why they choose to email at night but not bothered as it was good news!! What are you applying for? good luck!! xx

im applying for children's nursing, still havent heard!!! the wait is getting pretty hard to bear..

Reply 92
UCAS was closed during the Christmas time so that could be a reason... They took a while to respond back to me as well and if they didn't like your application, they probably would've declined you straightaway but since you haven't heard, don't lose hope yet :smile: I'd definitely email them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that is true :smile:
I will email them and see what they say

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by emferrer
im applying for children's nursing, still havent heard!!! the wait is getting pretty hard to bear..

UG? or PGDip? Have you done the selection day? if so, ring them for the results. I hadn't heard my results either so I rang and they confirmed I had passed and had an interview, but for children's nursing they hadnt sorted us a group interview day yet! xx
Reply 94
Original post by abgreen
UG? or PGDip? Have you done the selection day? if so, ring them for the results. I hadn't heard my results either so I rang and they confirmed I had passed and had an interview, but for children's nursing they hadnt sorted us a group interview day yet! xx

UG, Ive done the interview + tests, i had them on the same day cause i live far away.
Think i must have passes the tests cause people who didnt have been rejected by now (my interview was on 20th jan), so just waiting now..
it'll be 3 weeks on tuesday so im hoping in the next couple of days!

xxxx
I have a question - are the interviews different for each branch of nursing? Because some people are saying that it's in the format of MMI's, which is what it says on the website, but some people are saying that it takes place in a group interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Original post by fairplaytoyou
I have a question - are the interviews different for each branch of nursing? Because some people are saying that it's in the format of MMI's, which is what it says on the website, but some people are saying that it takes place in a group interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only said "group interview" as in all of the PGDip child nursing group of applicants, but the actual interview is MMI! X
Reply 97
Congrats on your offer! I got an offer as well but for Adult :smile: Will you be firming King's?

How was your MMI
Original post by Reeny26
How was your MMI

I found everyone that interviewed me really friendly, and some I even had a laugh with! If you have an mmi at King's, I honestly wouldn't stress too much about it because everyone is really easy to talk to!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
how do u practise for the kings test? for the literacy part

Quick Reply

Latest