The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LawStudent30
Hey, do you mind telling me your deadline to complete the video interview by please? My deadline to do it was the 4th so just wondering if they will be responding on a rolling basis too.

I had very generic questions but I did it a while ago and have done another since and so I cannot remember the exact questions. I'm also not sure if each candidate has the same questions or if they are randomly picked from a bank. Sorry to be of very little help! I do remember that you get 30 seconds before the camera starts recording (more forgiving than my other one which gave you 15!).

Hi there!

My deadline is 11th Feb.

That's great advice, thanks! Can you recall how long you have to reply? I had one which was 2 minutes and another which was only 1 minute - makes all the difference in terms of pressure.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2301
anyone heard from Withers yet?
Original post by SBafa

Not yet, submitted my application at the end of December...
Reply 2303
Original post by keep.on.smiling
Not yet, submitted my application at the end of December...

me too :confused: !!! do you think they have like silent rejections?
Original post by ZaraW
How long did it take for them to get back to you after your AC? I had my AC early this week.

Original post by givemegoodnews
Do you mind saying when you interviewed? Thanks

I was given an offer on the same day I was interviewed...
Original post by SBafa
me too :confused: !!! do you think they have like silent rejections?

I doubt it, I haven't heard of anyone getting offers from them yet, so I wouldn't panic!
Original post by SBafa

I haven't heard yet. Not expecting much though as their application form was a pain in the arse.
Offer from Slaughters!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2308
Original post by ULawAJ
I haven't heard yet. Not expecting much though as their application form was a pain in the arse.

Ha! I thought the word limit was pretty harsh! When did you apply?
Reply 2309
Original post by zenstars
Offer from Slaughters!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats (:
Original post by Cp778
Ha! I thought the word limit was pretty harsh! When did you apply?

It was so harsh, and the guidance from their head of grad recruitment says 'try and write more than 3 or 4 sentences.' In 60 words?!

I applied beginning of January.
Reply 2311
Original post by ULawAJ

it was certainly different !! :rolleyes:
Reply 2312
Original post by ULawAJ
It was so harsh, and the guidance from their head of grad recruitment says 'try and write more than 3 or 4 sentences.' In 60 words?!

I applied beginning of January.

I know!! How did you tackle the "summarise what makes withers stand out"? In 60 words? Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer (:

I applied early Jan too
Original post by Cp778
I know!! How did you tackle the "summarise what makes withers stand out"? In 60 words? Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer (:

I applied early Jan too

Deadline is over so I guess it doesn't matter if people know what I've put :tongue: it wasn't a great answer because there wasn't enough room for much detail. I wrote about the international scope of the work coupled with a client led expansion approach.

Ugh looking at it now it just isn't very good.
Baker & Mckenzie situational judgement test invite, not sure if this is given to everyone?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ULawAJ

Yeah I saw their application and thought wtf
Reply 2316
Original post by ULawAJ
Deadline is over so I guess it doesn't matter if people know what I've put :tongue: it wasn't a great answer because there wasn't enough room for much detail. I wrote about the international scope of the work coupled with a client led expansion approach.

Ugh looking at it now it just isn't very good.

That sounds similar to what I did - did you tie is back to yourself? I literally just gave an overview of 3 points I felt made them stand out - so difficult to elaborate on anything.

I'm sure your answer is ace!
Reply 2317
Original post by zenstars
Offer from Slaughters!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations, great firm! Did you hear back from Ashurst?
Original post by Cp778
That sounds similar to what I did - did you tie is back to yourself? I literally just gave an overview of 3 points I felt made them stand out - so difficult to elaborate on anything.

I'm sure your answer is ace!

No I didn't tie it back to myself at all, I think when the world limit is that strict you just have to answer the question and not read other aspects into it. Who knows though :frown:
Anyone heard from DLA today? I am assuming a silent PFO now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending