The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hey :smile: I have an interview on the 27th feb and I was just wondering what it means by a passport sized photo signed by an unrealate professional.

Do I need them just to sign the back of the photo......or say I confirm this a photo of (my name) ?
I really don't understand what this means, thank you for any help!
Reply 681
Anyone heading to the Malaysian interview on the 10th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danni97
Hey :smile: I have an interview on the 27th feb and I was just wondering what it means by a passport sized photo signed by an unrealate professional.

Do I need them just to sign the back of the photo......or say I confirm this a photo of (my name) ?
I really don't understand what this means, thank you for any help!

...I just signed the back of my passport photo and they accepted it (accepted = didn't ask questions or say anything :colondollar: )...
Original post by brbwafflesyay
...I just signed the back of my passport photo and they accepted it (accepted = didn't ask questions or say anything :colondollar: )...

Thank you, my teacher just signed the back.. I hope that's ok!
Original post by alaskaa
Anyone heading to the Malaysian interview on the 10th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have my interview at 10am
You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 685
Original post by srishti28
I have my interview at 10am
You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 686
Thankfully, I received an interview from Nottingham and its scheduled on the 12th Feb in Malaysia.

(I'm an international applicant)
IB (International Baccalaureate): Predicted grade of 42/45 with 21 in Higher level, 19 in Standard level and 2 core points
GCSEs: 7A*s, 2As, 2Bs
UKCAT: VR 510, QR 620, AR 650, DA 680, STJ Band 2
(UKCAT is horrendously low, I know!)

I completely bombed my UKCAT so I am very surprised at the interview offer actually...
However, is the MMI interview mostly about ethical issues since they said we will be given something to read over before each station? Should I familiarise myself with the NHS since I'm an international applicant? Any interview tips and advice would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by ophiee
Thankfully, I received an interview from Nottingham and its scheduled on the 12th Feb in Malaysia.

(I'm an international applicant)
IB (International Baccalaureate): Predicted grade of 42/45 with 21 in Higher level, 19 in Standard level and 2 core points
GCSEs: 7A*s, 2As, 2Bs
UKCAT: VR 510, QR 620, AR 650, DA 680, STJ Band 2
(UKCAT is horrendously low, I know!)

I completely bombed my UKCAT so I am very surprised at the interview offer actually...
However, is the MMI interview mostly about ethical issues since they said we will be given something to read over before each station? Should I familiarise myself with the NHS since I'm an international applicant? Any interview tips and advice would be greatly appreciated!

you should have a working knowledge of NHS, how it works etc. I wouldnt go into too many details though. Oh, and be sure you know what happens to you when you graduate from med school. Like, the whole process until you are finally a senior doctor
Hi everyone! Just curious to know whether there is a writing section during the mmi? I know some other medical schools do employ it
Original post by @lrightythen
Hi everyone! Just curious to know whether there is a writing section during the mmi? I know some other medical schools do employ it

Wait and see! All will be revealed....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 690
Now received two emails from nottingham thanking me for attending my interview- do they not realise the drama caused by an email from a medical school?! Nearly had a heart attack, again...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by luce'
Now received two emails from nottingham thanking me for attending my interview- do they not realise the drama caused by an email from a medical school?! Nearly had a heart attack, again...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just had the exact same thing! Got so freaked out

Posted from TSR Mobile
how would you guys recommend preparing for mmi? you know other than the usual interview preparations.
Original post by luce'

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's probably someone sat in an admissions office somewhere laughing hysterically at all the tension/excitement/nervous breakdowns that these emails cause....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nottie
tour is useful before interview and you can ask questions to current med student. If yours is after your interview I think you can go if you have sth important :P. Although last year my interview was around 4ish and they made be come for 9 cause of the tour :P

I was always gonna stay for the tour, I enjoyed and it and I really like the look of nottingham! Just about made it back in time for the rugby too, but after our performance I wish I hadn't :P
Original post by luce'

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm always sat next to my friends when I get them, and I'm like "EMAIL FROM NOTTINGHAM!!!!", followed by "oh..." *disappointed sigh* :/
anyone still waiting to hear whether they have an interview from notts?
Interview to A100, grad applicant
Reply 698
Does anyone know when Nottingham will give out offers? 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone else still not heard anything?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending