The Student Room Group

Israel:why so much h8?

Why do so many people(especially Muslims) strongly dislike Israel? Imagine being surrounded by countries who hate you and don't think you have a right to exist. Imagine getting reprimanded and hated for defending yourself. Basicallyyyy, why all the h8

Scroll to see replies

If only there was a stickied thread for posts like this already....
Original post by anarchism101
If only there was a stickied thread for posts like this already....

It only :frown:

This thread isnt about the Israel-Palestine conflict, but rather to find out the reasonings behind people's attitudes to Israel, which is why I wasn't sure if it was suitable for the stickied thread..
Because is a Jewish nation state with a large Muhammadanist minority which would prefer to be Israeli than Palestinian or part of an Islamic state.It comes down to power really, they hate Israel because it is power and stands against them.
Reply 4
Original post by lostwanderer
It only :frown:

This thread isnt about the Israel-Palestine conflict, but rather to find out the reasonings behind people's attitudes to Israel, which is why I wasn't sure if it was suitable for the stickied thread..

Because of nefarious political collusion between the now highly-empowered student political left with the kind of trendy cause loudmouth rockstars and other fools can give their inept and inane opinions on, and who ally themselves in this quasi-coherent bloc of political forces like Trade Unionists and other folk-singing, rabble-rousing types.

It appeals to their masochistic loathing of Western world because they can scream about how it's all our fault - not just the original British diplomats who drew up the partition, but companies like Marks & Spencers and Tesco for stocking Israeli-produced figs. Morons.

I would love to know where their coordinated, sustained, decades-long protests are for all the other unjust causes around the world, many of which are far less ambigious and far more violent and destructive in nature. Israel's right to defend itself is consistently skipped over
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
maybe because this seems really fair for the Palestinians who lived there before israel?

Why do so many people(especially Muslims) strongly dislike Israel? Imagine being surrounded by countries who hate you and don't think you have a right to exist. Imagine getting reprimanded and hated for defending yourself. Basicallyyyy, why all the h8

A lot may be down to antisemitism.

But also there's a lot to do with Israel's actions.

Treatment of the Palestinians alone seems to scream "unfair" to a lot of people.

Then there's the unilateral no ****s given about international norms sort of us vs everyone else attitudes.

I'm not going to rip into Israel. Despite questions and issues about it's founding, it's history etc effectively using terrorism to establish itself and chase out the local Muslim population, Israel has had to fight for it's survival in more than one war started by it;s neighbours, so it's natural many Israelis feel threatened and surrounded.

Why all the hate? Because reasons. Some legitimate, some less so.
Because some people want to see it and it's population wiped out.
Reply 8
because of zionism and because of usury
I hate isreal.

Do not care about jews, they are just like any other race.

Posted from TSR Mobile
as an atheist, I think the creation of israel was a very bad thing - creating/invading~ states around the world for the interests of a religion, and based on their claim to a country because their book says so, is against secularism and peace. provided israel is a democracy~, that doesn't excuse such obvious imperialism (and I hardly ever use that term because I know it's thrown around so inaccurately) from certain countries working for religious interests

Posted from TSR Mobile

No idea, I support Israel existence but their treatment of Palestinians and Israeli Arabs is bad in my opinion.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

No idea, I support Israel existence but their treatment of Palestinians and Israeli Arabs is bad in my opinion.

How so?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel
Because the land belonged to someone else before us in the west and Israel decided they should have it. Those people are still living in unimaginable poverty and under unimaginable opression.
Original post by H.N.I.C
because of zionism and because of usury

Nobody cares about usury, it's a good thing.

Original post by DaveSmith99
Because the land belonged to someone else before us in the west and Israel decided they should have it. Those people are still living in unimaginable poverty and under unimaginable opression.

Given the state of the Middle East, there's every chance that they would be anyway.
Because they illegally land grab from poor Palestinians many of whom are later unlawfully murdered as the IDF launch disproportionate action against a single missile fired from a 'so called enemy'. They deny others the right to exist and there so called defence is to constantly name other nation states such as Iran terrorists, though we all know Israel holds the largest nuclear weapons horde in the Middle East.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"defending yourself":lolwut:did the rest of the world see something different to Israel and its supporters..
Original post by Rakas21
Nobody cares about usury, it's a good thing.

Given the state of the Middle East, there's every chance that they would be anyway.

Israel's neighbours are Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt. With the exception of Syria for obvious reasons, the general populations of all of these countries are considerably better off than Palestinians. A lot more can be said of western interference when it comes to colonial borders, coups and proping up despots as well.
Original post by DaveSmith99
Israel's neighbours are Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt. With the exception of Syria for obvious reasons, the general populations of all of these countries are considerably better off than Palestinians. A lot more can be said of western interference when it comes to colonial borders, coups and proping up despots as well.

Need i remind you that the only half respectful nation there is Jordan (probably because it has a monarchy that's not totally morally bereft). Lebanon has terrorists in its government and Egypt was ruled by a tyrant except for one year in which they voted in religious nutters.

I'm not saying that what Israel does is right but i am saying that having a strong Israel is better for that region than having another failed Muslim theocracy under the rule of a tyrant or nutters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending