The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Applying to York for 2015

Scroll to see replies

I applied early November, and heard back about late December. You shouldn't worry about it; they'd be processing most applications now so it might take a little longer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of York
York
Do any of you guys know how big each college is?
Ok i've been waiting for 3 months now, no idea what they want to do with me

(This is getting pretty serious now, all of my unis apart from York have replied :frown: )
(edited 9 years ago)
I have applied for Law (M100). I've been invited to interview on the 11th of February. Does anyone know if all York law applicants have to attend an interview?
Reply 444
Original post by melloxgal
I have applied for Law (M100). I've been invited to interview on the 11th of February. Does anyone know if all York law applicants have to attend an interview?

From what I have seen, most if not all York Law applicants attend an interview.
Reply 445
On the StA applicants thread, we've started to call ourselves sitting ducks because of the wait. :smile: I think some of us are sitting ducks here too!
Original post by CescaD96
On the StA applicants thread, we've started to call ourselves sitting ducks because of the wait. :smile: I think some of us are sitting ducks here too!

Somewhat appropriately, as York (officially) has the highest duck:student ratio of any UK university...
Original post by CescaD96
From what I have seen, most if not all York Law applicants attend an interview.

Nope. Website states only shortlisted applicants are.

They interview only 750/1300-400 applications. They explicitly stated this on the interview day.
Reply 448
Original post by SuperSah
Nope. Website states only shortlisted applicants are.

They interview only 750/1300-400 applications. They explicitly stated this on the interview day.

I obviously meant that they interview the people that don't outright reject. :smile:
So I'm guessing getting an interview is a good sign? :smile:
Original post by melloxgal
So I'm guessing getting an interview is a good sign? :smile:

Sure:smile:They will try to convince you to chose them:wink:
Just found out that I got rejected by York!

Ah well.... Looks like I will be going to Oxford Brookes or Exeter now. Good luck to everyone going to York! :smile:
Original post by Tellurian

Ah well.... Looks like I will be going to Oxford Brookes or Exeter now. Good luck to everyone going to York! :smile:

Sorry, such a shame to hear!

Which course was this?
Original post by SuperSah
Sorry, such a shame to hear!

Which course was this?

Human geography and environment.

I hope you get an offer if you haven't already! I'm perfectly happy with going to Oxford brookes (I have an offer) next year, so I'm not too annoyed about being rejected by york anyway, it's all good :smile:
Human geography and environment.

I hope you get an offer if you haven't already! I'm perfectly happy with going to Oxford brookes (I have an offer) next year, so I'm not too annoyed about being rejected by york anyway, it's all good :smile:

I already do have one, so thanks a lot!

Good luck and best of luck to you. :smile:
Reply 455

Ah, that's a shame, I'm sorry to hear that!

Sorry to hear that, Exeter is at least as good as..
All my unis have replied by now after 3 months other than York! What does this mean :frown:
Anyone else applying for Electronic, or electrical, Engineering?
York finally replied after 9 weeks, got an offer for Biology :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending