Did u apply to just these three?

Nop, I got rejected from Oxford and still waiting for UCL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 3361
Original post by tazza ma razza
rejected for A and F - apparently i wasn't passionate enough?!?!? wtf does that even mean lol

Aww man sorry about that bud. Do you mind quoting the actual sentence? A friend got a similar message and she found it really patronizing
Reply 3362
Original post by jchap9776
Peak

Sorry?
Rejection for management. :frown:( felling gutted. Apparently my personal statement wasn't good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by egondargento
Rejection for management. :frown:( felling gutted. Apparently my personal statement wasn't good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear mate. Any other choices in the pipeline?
What were your stats and when did you apply?
Reply 3365
2 weeks past my 4 week email (Sigh)
Last day of my 8+2 week, heard nothing while my friends got another 4 week email. Is this a good sign? I wonder.....
Hey guys i need help,

Im gonna apply for law at lse next year and wondered if my achieved grades are good enough.

Gcse: 3A* 6A
A-LEVEL: A*AA
Original post by Miladrises
Hey guys i need help,

Im gonna apply for law at lse next year and wondered if my achieved grades are good enough.

Didn't you already get offers?
Reply 3369
Hey guys. I got an offer for Govt and Eco today (hallelujah), and I need to apply for accommodation.

However, I also applied to the USA, and if I get into an elite school there (Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Stanford, Columbia) I will probably go to the states. They get back to me on the 27th of March. If I apply for accommodation after then will I be stuck in a terrible inter-collegiate hall? and is there a penalty if you pull out of an accommodation request?

Is it better for me to firm LSE on UCAS now and apply for their halls, and pull out if I go to the USA, or wait until March 27th?
Hey guys i need help,

Most of us in here are still waiting for offers from LSE so we are not best placed to tell you anything. You could have the best grades ever but if your Personal Statement is not as good as the other 75 ish (? not sure how many places are available) people then you won't get in.
Hi everyone
applied to maths and econ at LSE, received an invitation to sit the UGAA test today
russian student doing a foundation course in London

any math and econ applicants here?
Original post by avar
Hey guys. I got an offer for Govt and Eco today (hallelujah), and I need to apply for accommodation.

However, I also applied to the USA, and if I get into an elite school there (Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Stanford, Columbia) I will probably go to the states. They get back to me on the 27th of March. If I apply for accommodation after then will I be stuck in a terrible inter-collegiate hall? and is there a penalty if you pull out of an accommodation request?

Is it better for me to firm LSE on UCAS now and apply for their halls, and pull out if I go to the USA, or wait until March 27th?

Which Uni is your heart set on going to?
What are your chances of getting an offer from the USA?

You need to look here - http://www.lse.ac.uk/lifeAtLSE/accommodation/forStudents/home.aspx as that will have all of the info about your question.
Original post by JamjamjamT
Most of us in here are still waiting for offers from LSE so we are not best placed to tell you anything. You could have the best grades ever but if your Personal Statement is not as good as the other 75 ish (? not sure how many places are available) people then you won't get in.

Thanks for the helo but my question was are my grades good enough (given i have a good personal statement) to make a competitive application
Anyone get any offers or rejections for economics?
Reply 3375
Hey guys i need help,

It depends on the difficulty of your subjects. If you do Business, Psychology and ICT then probably not. But if you do, say Maths, Physics and History, then you should be fine.

http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/acceptable-level-subject-combinations

Use this as a rough guideline (LSE's policy shouldn't be too different from Cambridge). If you have A*AA if three A class subjects then your grades are definitely competitive.

Bear in mind though that Law is competitive, so the 'comparatively' weak GCSE's may hurt if you have a weak subject combination.

Don't underestimate the personal statement though I have an offer for Govt and Econ (a competitive course) with 7A*s 2A's and a B GCSE, and A*A*AA A2 predicts. While my friend who has 10A*'s at GCSE, and A*A*A*A* predicts got rejected for PPE.
Original post by avar
It depends on the difficulty of your subjects. If you do Business, Psychology and ICT then probably not. But if you do, say Maths, Physics and History, then you should be fine.

http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/acceptable-level-subject-combinations

Use this as a rough guideline (LSE's policy shouldn't be too different from Cambridge). If you have A*AA if three A class subjects then your grades are definitely competitive.

Bear in mind though that Law is competitive, so the 'comparatively' weak GCSE's may hurt if you have a weak subject combination.

Don't underestimate the personal statement though I have an offer for Govt and Econ (a competitive course) with 7A*s 2A's and a B GCSE, and A*A*AA A2 predicts. While my friend who has 10A*'s at GCSE, and A*A*A*A* predicts got rejected for PPE.

The subjects i do are biology, chemistry and religous studies
Reply 3377
The subjects i do are biology, chemistry and religous studies

My School doesn't offer RS, so i cant comment on the difficulty, but if it was up to Cambridge, you'd have 3 A list subjects. Does RS give you practice writing essays and analyzing texts - because those are skills required for law that a uni would be looking for.
Original post by avar
My School doesn't offer RS, so i cant comment on the difficulty, but if it was up to Cambridge, you'd have 3 A list subjects. Does RS give you practice writing essays and analyzing texts - because those are skills required for law that a uni would be looking for.

Yes its an essay subject with topics regarding things like philosophy and ethics
Ok could someone brief me on what is UGAA and the other admission tests? I'm so confused? (I applied for management and haven't heard back yet)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending