The Student Room Group

Bald students in uni...

Females (and males if it applies), I ask you today as a balding 17 year old, you be attracted to a bald guy at a party/club and would you be open to a relationship with a bald person? I say this because right now I am able to attract girls whom I find very attractive right now but worry that a bald head could jeopardise this.

I don't know what do when I lose my hair as a young student :frown:. Everyone in my immediate family has great hair...

The brutal truth is welcome, I wont lose sleep over it. Thanks for reading!:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
From my experience us guys always look more attractive with styled hair.
Losing your hair is nothing. I went bald at 21/22.

Having a full head of hair gives you more options in terms of styling it but it's really not a big deal.

To be fair I had a really short haircut anyway and I look good with that.
Original post by TRN
Females (and males if it applies), I ask you today as a balding 17 year old, you be attracted to a bald guy at a party/club and would you be open to a relationship with a bald person? I say this because right now I am able to attract girls whom I find very attractive right now but worry that a bald head could jeopardise this.

I don't know what do when I lose my hair as a young student :frown:. Everyone in my immediate family has great hair...

The brutal truth is welcome, I wont lose sleep over it. Thanks for reading!:smile:

why u are getting bald
Reply 4
Original post by TheYearNiner
why u are getting bald

I don't really know, I guess it's a mix of a lot of stress (due to personal circumstances) and genetics... My hair is not THAT bad at the moment but I fear this will change soon.
Original post by TRN
I don't really know, I guess it's a mix of a lot of stress (due to personal circumstances) and genetics... My hair is not THAT bad at the moment but I fear this will change soon.

they say... if u masturbate often u can become bald
Of course it's a hindrance. You're 17. You can still do well with women, but you're disadvantaged.

The reality is - a man cannot afford to be bald, fat and short in the dating game*. Those are the three key elements really. One can be two of those three and still survive, but being all three is a death sentence.
If you're already bald, I hope you aren't short. If you are, you need to make sure your face is chiselled, and your body is low fat. You'll still do okay. There's a niche for bald, ripped, chiselled guys.

However: If you're black then being bald is less of a hindrance. Black men can rock a bald head much better.

*A short man can become bald and fat after bagging a long-term partner without consequences, but this is obviously different to pursuing women in the first place - especially at early 20s.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous Coward
Of course it's a hindrance. You can still do well with women, but you're disadvantaged.

The reality is - a man cannot afford to be bald, fat and short in the dating game*. Those are the three key elements really. One can be two of those three and still survive, but being all three is a death sentence.
If you're already bald, I hope you aren't short. If you are, you need to make sure your face is chiselled, and your body is low fat. You'll still do okay. There's a niche for bald, ripped, chiselled guys.

However: If you're black then being bald is less of a hindrance. Black men can rock a bald head much better.

*A short man can become bald and fat after bagging a long-term partner without consequences, but this is obviously different to pursuing women in the first place - especially at early 20s.

in after redpill
There are quite a few balding students at my uni. A bit different, but I'm gay and it wouldn't bother me.
Of course it's a hindrance. You're 17. You can still do well with women, but you're disadvantaged.

How can you change the shape of your face? Other than a ridiculous chin implant, there isn't much you can do.
Original post by qwertyking
How can you change the shape of your face? Other than a ridiculous chin implant, there isn't much you can do.

You obviously can't, but losing fat makes a HUGE difference to the appearance of one's face.
If you're blessed with a good structure then that's great. If you aren't, losing fat will still be of great benefit.

Building a stronger neck helps too.
It's a balance though, because while you want to lose fat, you don't want to look skinny/emaciated. Skinny and bald isn't a good look, obviously.

That's why it's about building muscle and losing fat.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
You'll be fine for the next 5 years or so, as far as dating is concerned. When people can notice immediately that you are balding, then you might be at a bit of a disadvantage. My advice to you is that when your baldness becomes more noticeable, you bulk up, get lean and ripped, and shave your head completely. This is probably a good way of getting through it.
Original post by TRN

Well, I guess it depends from girl to girl, but there were quite a few guys that were bald and I was attracted to. It depends a lot on the guy and if the look fits him, but I definitely don't find attractive guys in the process of balding. Hair, no hair, pick a side!
Reply 13

I'm white, 6ft1 and quite muscular so at least I have that going for me... Your comment has at least instilled some confidence in myself.
Reply 14
Original post by emanueladiana
Well, I guess it depends from girl to girl, but there were quite a few guys that were bald and I was attracted to. It depends a lot on the guy and if the look fits him, but I definitely don't find attractive guys in the process of balding. Hair, no hair, pick a side!

I certainly agree with that, if it becomes noticeable then I'm just going to shave it all off!
Reply 15
Original post by VannR
You'll be fine for the next 5 years or so, as far as dating is concerned. When people can notice immediately that you are balding, then you might be at a bit of a disadvantage. My advice to you is that when your baldness becomes more noticeable, you bulk up, get lean and ripped, and shave your head completely. This is probably a good way of getting through it.

Yeah thanks bro, that's what I was thinking! Another 5 years will see me through uni so J hope you're right. I wouldn't mind being bald, it's just that I think baldness looks good on older men (not 17-23 year olds).
Original post by TRN
I'm white, 6ft1 and quite muscular so at least I have that going for me... Your comment has at least instilled some confidence in myself.

Pleased to hear that. You'll be fine then. And the older you get, the less it'll matter.

I'd advise you to not only keep up the muscular build, but to maintain low body fat. Maybe also grow stubble if possible.
Reply 17
Pleased to hear that. You'll be fine then. And the older you get, the less it'll matter.

I'd advise you to not only keep up the muscular build, but to maintain low body fat. Maybe also grow stubble if possible.

I do have quite a low body fat percentage at the minute in the sense that I have a defined six pack when I tense. However, I want to lose this extra body fat so that it is permanent without tensing. I can also grow stubble (in fact, I just shaved my beard off an hour ago!!).

Quick Reply

Latest