The Student Room Group

Failed mock exams - huge telling off from teachers, distraught

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cookieesxo
Hiiiii it's me again, just an update. I have improved massively since the January mock exams. I am now achieving As in all of my subjects and for R.S and English got the highest marks in my class, and for the a) question in History also achieved the highest marks in my class. Remember the girl who went telling everyone I got a U in the history mock? She got a C/D in the recent mock, while I got an A :biggrin: Thankfully I'm not petty enough to go telling everyone her mark. Oh and to the headteacher who told me 'Cs would be a miracle!', laughed in my face when I said I aspired to achieve As and said 'Are you sure A Levels are for you?', well I have proved you wrong! Hopefully my high marks as of late will reflect in the real exams in a few days. Thank you SO much to those who helped me! x

Hey can I please ask how you improved? I got a bad grade for one of my mock exams and I really need to step up but I don't know how? Could you please give me some tips on what you did?
Original post by Unicorn16
Hey can I please ask how you improved? I got a bad grade for one of my mock exams and I really need to step up but I don't know how? Could you please give me some tips on what you did?

Hey sorry I haven't logged on here for
months.
I got EUUU in my AS mocks last year and in the real exams in the summer achieved AAB, having achieved the highest mark in my whole year and college for history and full marks in one of the R.S papers!

Basically I just improved on my exam technique massively. Really hassle your subject teachers to help you with your exam technique and research it yourself also. Learn how to answer the question well really. Also it helps to learn the mark schemes aswell.

Good luck x
months.
I got EUUU in my AS mocks last year and in the real exams in the summer achieved AAB, having achieved the highest mark in my whole year and college for history and full marks in one of the R.S papers!

Basically I just improved on my exam technique massively. Really hassle your subject teachers to help you with your exam technique and research it yourself also. Learn how to answer the question well really. Also it helps to learn the mark schemes aswell.

Good luck x

Oh wow! Congrats :biggrin:
& thank you :smile:
months.

Good luck x

Hi, did you retake?
What I'm doing wrong is exam technique. I know the facts but just cannot answer the questions properly. I have taken steps such as now reading examiner reports and mark schemes to improve, and I can definitely see that all the faults examiners pointed out I was carrying out.

Thank you loads btw. Means a lot x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a teacher and pretty shocked - school should be helping you not telling you off!

Go and prove them wrong :smile:
I'm in tye sane boat rn. I'm failing french

Quick Reply

Latest