The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Coerce
Laziness I need a lifestyle change but dunno if I can

I see. I struggle with this as well. Sometimes you just got to force yourself.

Just think about the reward and why you're going to prayer. It takes most of us like 5-10 mims for each prayer... Not too much time

There are some good lectures on youtube about the benefits of salah and things like laziness. Take a look if you're interested

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fermion
I see. I struggle with this as well. Sometimes you just got to force yourself.

Just think about the reward and why you're going to prayer. It takes most of us like 5-10 mims for each prayer... Not too much time

There are some good lectures on youtube about the benefits of salah and things like laziness. Take a look if you're interested

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you please link me some? I do watch quite a lot lectures on Islam
Salam brothers and sisters. Something is bothering me at the moment so I'd like to ask here.

Whenever there is a thread about Islam, why is there so few Muslims responding in the replies section. Is there any particular reason. Do you feel that clearing up the matters on those threads is a complete waste of time, or do you not know how to respond?

I'm sorry if I sound a bit condescending. I'm just curious.
Original post by FlareBlitz96
Salam brothers and sisters. Something is bothering me at the moment so I'd like to ask here.

Whenever there is a thread about Islam, why is there so few Muslims responding in the replies section. Is there any particular reason. Do you feel that clearing up the matters on those threads is a complete waste of time, or do you not know how to respond?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because if you reply you get bashed by those who hate Islam.

Because it's the same BS arguments repeated over and over again and it's not like what we say is gonna change their mind so why bother.

Walaikum assalam,

Slowly but surely you get tired of having the same debates (age of Aisha RA, slavery, apostasy, Hijab, 72 virgins, etc) over and over again.

If you try to clear up a matter, people just argue so debate goes in circles. People are extremely patronizing and rude online too.

Eventually, the negativity wears you down and then you wonder 'what's the point'? Might as well do something more productive with my time like learning about Islam or reading Tafseer.

Nouman Ali Khan said something interesting about debates:
"When your Islamic discourse with someone becomes a debate, that's when you know that you have to stop. The psychology of a debate is like a sports competition, and no one likes to lose. So even if you make a good point, the other person isn't going to congratulate you. They are thinking about revenge."
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ankabout
Walaikum assalam,

Slowly but surely you get tired of having the same debates (age of Aisha RA, slavery, apostasy, Hijab, 72 virgins, etc) over and over again.

If you try to clear up a matter, people just argue so debate goes in circles. People are extremely rude online too.

Eventually, the negativity wears you down and then you wonder 'what's the point'? Might as well do something more productive with my time like learning about Islam or reading Tafseer.

Nouman Ali Khan said something interesting about debates:
"When your Islamic discourse with someone becomes a debate, that's when you know that you have to stop. The psychology of a debate is like a sports competition, and no one likes to lose. So even if you make a good point, the other person isn't going to congratulate you. They are thinking about revenge."

Posted from TSR Mobile

People have been debating islam and Muslims have been debating about parts of islam for centuries, why waste your time debating it?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

People have been debating islam and Muslims have been debating about parts of islam for centuries, why waste your time debating it?

To learn maybe.
Reply 3428

Wa'Alaikumussalaam warahmatullah :smile:

waste of time, rather than debating with a person who arrogantly think they know it all you can use your time effectively by learning more about Islam.
(edited 9 years ago)
To learn maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldn't the time be better spent learning more about Islam?
Original post by Zamestaneh
Alhamdulillah

From my fave film
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldn't the time be better spent learning more about Islam?

Lol of course. Didn't you read my post?
Original post by Incredible97
x

Hope you enjoyed your day :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol of course. Didn't you read my post?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but not sure I understood it well 😔.
To learn maybe.

This :smile:. I usually address the main contentions after thorough research and then back-off when it gets heated/personal, or if another Muslim chimes in.

Only been here for a few months and I'm already seeing the same wikiIslam arguments crop up, over and over again, with different wording. I can just imagine how the 'older' TSR Muslims feel >_<.

It can be frustrating when countering opposing opinions, so I think its better to keep it 'cheerful'; the chances are we will never meet face to face so why attack each other anonymously, with our keyboards?

Wa'alaykum assalaam

I believe it is mostly a waste of time. For example, there's one member who has a habit of posting weak hadith/stories or only partially giving hadiths so they suit their argument. So recently they've been posting about Kenana Ibn Al-Rabi(a jewish guy who died in the aftermath of khaybar). The member claims he was tortured with fire on the order of the Prophet(pbuh) and they quote from Ibn Ishaq's biography of the Prophet(pbuh). Ibn Ishaq didn't differentiate between strong or weak narrations, he put it all in his biography. In this case, the torture story of Kenana Ibn Al-Rabi doesn't even have a source. So thus it is regarded as fabricated. You try explaining this and they say "Muslims rejecting Ibn Ishaq when it doesn't suit them blah blah blah...". No, we're rejecting this story because it has no source, if something in Ibn Ishaq's bio has a authentic source we accept it and if it doesn't - we reject. But this sadly doesn't get through to some people.

I normally just "troll" some of them when bored but cba with even that now. I do that, some nice non-muslims read my posts and it appears like I'm dissing them all(rather then the select few). Best to shut my gob and not do Islam damage :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tawheed
This is the dillema some atheists(who viciously attack Islam) are also in. They have already rejected any possible way of considering Islam - therefore they simply must refute everything.
on the other hand, some Muslims have already rejected any possible way of abandoning Islam, therefore they simply must accept everything

Wasalam.
Look at the 'Non-hijabis:why' thread and you'll see why.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coerce
Can you please link me some? I do watch quite a lot lectures on Islam

I'll try and link them after i come back from work. I'm sure people here can also give you some good things to watch/read on these topics :yes:

Remember that the difference between a mu'min and a disbeliever is the prayer. Missing the prayer due to something like laziness is an act of kufr... It takes you ousife the fold of islam. I'm saying this just to highlight the importance of prayer, akh. i'm sure we all know the importance of prayer but let this be a reminder for you, me and everyone who reads this
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but not sure I understood it well 😔.

Lol ok no worries. :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending