The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OhGod
I'm with you! :biggrin:

Yippee!Let's work hard yo!
Had 5 deadlines this week, boy the IB grind is almost over :lol:
Reconnected with friend who wants to do a weekly target check in for studies. So glad or this as I'm doing NOTHING these days.

How're y'all?
Original post by Skill Twix
The amount of work I need to do!
17 chapters for Physics
6 chapters for Economics
22 chapters for Maths(including Statistics)
Time to work my butt off until the end of March!
Who's joining me in this?

Similar to me as well.
Original post by keromedic
Reconnected with friend who wants to do a weekly target check in for studies. So glad or this as I'm doing NOTHING these days.

How're y'all?

Taking a break from coursework :sigh: I've been browsing through old photos and found some pretty funny ones including this beast of a panoramic showing my house lining up before a house photo :redface:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1423251712.507342.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wales v England wasn't bad for a game of rugby. I would have preferred to see Wales win and all the drunk England fans in the pub flipping their **** at the referee though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Same for me:tongue:

I don't understand the rules except that you can't throw it forward:lol:.
Match was really good. England were ace in the second half.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I might consider going to some games now:redface:
England were incredible tonight given the circumstances.
Original post by Red Fox
I might consider going to some games now:redface:

The rules are a bit confusing, especially the ones about kicking...

Other immediate ones I know are that you have to release the ball when you get tackled, and that you can't tackle the other person above their shoulders

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bude8
and that you can tackle above the neck.

No you can't. Not if the ref knows what he's doing anyway. I thought Garcès was a bit out of his depth and his English isn't great.
Original post by O133
No you can't. Not if the ref knows what he's doing anyway. I thought Garcès was a bit out of his depth and his English isn't great.

It was a typo, see edit, sorry! Corrected myself as soon as I saw it..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
It was a typo, see edit, sorry! Corrected myself as soon as I saw it..

Well it's not NFL or anything...
Original post by Bude8
The rules are a bit confusing, especially the ones about kicking...

Other immediate ones I know are that you have to release the ball when you get tackled, and that you can't tackle the other person above their shoulders

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been tackled from the neck before in PE, not a very fun experience. I always hated playing rugby anyway, I tried to avoid getting the ball so I wouldn't get tackled:lol:.
(edited 9 years ago)
Talking to a Thai friend about a really studious and clever person and he asked me 'is she a wormbook?' :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Generally is your 1st year = 10% + 2nd year = 30% + 3rd year = 60% of your overall degree classification?

^ 1st/2:1/2:2/2:3/pass/fail
Sciences v.s Humanities? :work:

Do sciences/engineering degrees have a bigger academic jump from A level to first year undergraduate work than humanities or vice versa?

I'm planning on studying a science degree and have to cover further A level maths from September-December. Then I have to learn Linear algebra and other compulsory modules.

Can anybody give me an insight of how big the academic jump is from somebody who is planning on studying a humanity degree, besides from obv more reading/essay assignments.
(edited 9 years ago)
Is it better to study a university module that is easier and allow you to get a better overall grade for uni (degree classification) or to choose a module that will be far more challenging but interesting to yourself?
You know what I've had just about enough of a2 further maths. T_T

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest