The Student Room Group

I left uni a couple of years ago... do I still get Maintenance loan if I go back?

Hi

I left Reading uni in 2013 and lived off a maintenance loan. After I left though they paid me an extra term's loan which I still have sitting in my bank which I'm not sure what to do with.

I'm applying to uni again this year to start in Sep/Oct and I really need to know if I can apply for more maintenance loan when I go again (because I can't find the information anywhere) and do I need to pay back the loan still in my bank?

it would be great if someone would solve all of my problems forever. Thanks :smile:

---

On an unrelated note, what the hell is up with this face? --> :colone:
creepy.
Original post by nopizzaleftbeef
Hi

I left Reading uni in 2013 and lived off a maintenance loan. After I left though they paid me an extra term's loan which I still have sitting in my bank which I'm not sure what to do with.

I'm applying to uni again this year to start in Sep/Oct and I really need to know if I can apply for more maintenance loan when I go again (because I can't find the information anywhere) and do I need to pay back the loan still in my bank?

it would be great if someone would solve all of my problems forever. Thanks :smile:

---

On an unrelated note, what the hell is up with this face? --> :colone:
creepy.

as far as i understand it the maintainance loan just gets added to what you pay back when your earning enough, its only the grant you pay back early if you drop out
Original post by jelly1000
as far as i understand it the maintainance loan just gets added to what you pay back when your earning enough, its only the grant you pay back early if you drop out

So the fact that I've had half a year's maintenance loan doesn't affect my application?
Reply 3
Original post by nopizzaleftbeef
So the fact that I've had half a year's maintenance loan doesn't affect my application?

As long as you've only had one year or less at uni before, then you will get enough Student Finance to study a new degree from scratch. Everyone gets an entitlement to funding which is roughly "Length of course + 1 year".

You need to make sure you don't have to retake any of the years of your next course. You'd have to pay your own tuition fees for that year and you wouldn't get anything more than the minimum Maintenance Loan.
Original post by Klix88
As long as you've only had one year or less at uni before, then you will get enough Student Finance to study a new degree from scratch. Everyone gets an entitlement to funding which is roughly "Length of course + 1 year".

You need to make sure you don't have to retake any of the years of your next course. You'd have to pay your own tuition fees for that year and you wouldn't get anything more than the minimum Maintenance Loan.

So no problems then! That's great. Thanks so much. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending