The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Hi all,

My AS results were pretty bad, and I want to improve hugely, although I feel like I left it too late.

Most of Uni requirements are ABB for courses I would like to do. I am hoping for:
A- Chemistry
A- Biology
B- Maths
Closing date on Monday :woo:
Great to see so many entries guys, quote me in if you're got any questions :h:
My Goals:

Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Maths: A*
Physics: A*

I need to prove myself.
My as weren't the worst but they don't help. My firm is AAB
Personal goals
History: A*/A
Chemistry:A
Biology:B

A2 is a lot tougher than I thought...
I really want to get an A in something, I got BBB last year, but my uni offer is ABB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi =^_^=
I would like to get an A in english lit, an A in PE, an A (fingers crossed!) for biology and a B in chemistry for my AS levels.
I'm going to do it! My GCSE results were great, I just cant get a handle on AS levels….hmmm here goes nothing!
Currently doing AS
I want to achieve:
A in Chemistry ( started with a U at the start of the year but got a high C in the mocks)
A in Biology ( scraped an A in the mocks)
A in Maths (B in the mocks)
and...A in Psychology! (A in the mocks)

I believe that if I give it my all, it's possible.

Really want to achieve the best grades! :biggrin:

PS. how do I email Puddles? :smile:
Original post by Shaliny05
Currently doing AS
I want to achieve:
A in Chemistry ( started with a U at the start of the year but got a high C in the mocks)
A in Biology ( scraped an A in the mocks)
A in Maths (B in the mocks)
and...A in Psychology! (A in the mocks)

I believe that if I give it my all, it's possible.

Really want to achieve the best grades! :biggrin:

PS. how do I email Puddles? :smile:

I don't want to give out Puddles email (she might not appreciate that), but send her a PM on TSR and she should respond.
Reply 328
Hello, I am currently doing my A2. My AS grades were as follows:

GP:A
Biology:A
Computing:B
Maths:B
Chemistry:C
Physics:C

My A2 subjects consist of Bio, Chem, Phy and Maths and I am aiming to get an A in all these subjects.
:dumbells:
Reply 329
Ooo we have the same name!! :awesome:
Hello! This sounds like a fab idea, need to keep up the motivation, plus I like the sound of winning prizes :biggrin:

I already have my A Levels, which are A*AB. I'm currently on a Foundation Art & Design course accredited by UAL, and I'm aiming for the very best - Level 4 Distinction! :dumbells:
Reply 331
Oh great. :smile:
Original post by imedico10
My Goals:

Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Maths: A*
Physics: A*

I need to prove myself.

WOW . good luck :smile:
I aim for an A in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature
Reply 334
Hi!
This sounds like a great idea.
I'm in my last year at Uni and I would really like to try for a First! It would mean a 72% this year. The best grade I've ever gotten in a module is 74% and my average is 67% so it is possible but definitely won't be easy. I've been really ill lately and most of my assessment happens this term, so I really need to catch up and I hope this might help me with that! :smile:
I really need to grow my grades!

I'm studying Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Geography at AS level, I hope to continue the first three into A2, in order to eventually study a degree in Biology.

I'd love to get all As at AS, then do the same at A2, but I would still be happy with Bs - my university options at the moment range from AAA at Durham, to BBB at Lincoln.

The grade I need to grow the most is Chemistry, I either do really well in mocks, or I completely bomb out
Original post by Gingerbread101
:woo: Introducing TSR's new Grow your Grades Competition!! :woo:

Please keep this thread just for entries, head over to our discussion thread for chat

Need some motivation to get your grades where you want? For our brand new study help transformation competition, we're asking you whether there's one subject (or module if you're at uni) that you want to improve on.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Keep us all updated about how you're progressing in that subject through your blog and share with the TSR community your high and low points, strategies for success, latest assessments, and get help and feedback!

Why should I enter?

Our Study Help team will be on hand to give you hints and tips on how to improve, along with help and motivation from the rest of TSR

Improve on your weakest subject to prepare for your exams

Share your experiences and gain advice from other participants

Plus on top of improving your grades, there's going to be great prizes for the entrants that...

Make the biggest change in their grades

Keep the best blog

Overcame the biggest hurdle

How to enter:

The closing date for entries is 9th February 2015

Reply to this thread to express your interest (remember to mention your goals!) :dumbells:

Email Puddles the Monkey a picture/proof of your current grades- she will then verify this to everyone else (so you don't have to post your details publicly).

Set up your blog here

The competition ends on GCSE Results day 2015

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

If you want to improve your grades and have the chance to win great prizes, then enter here and start your blog!

Linked image copyright Matt Biddulph.

Yo Admin, my last mock I got:
* A in IT
* C in Maths
* WT in Engineering
* D in English
* D in Additional Science
* B in RE
* B in Citizenship

Could you please help boost my grades up? Because I don't want to get C again in my GCSE. At Year 10, I did some GCSE, I got C in English Literature and Core Science which haunts me every day. I want to reach A*, A and B!!!!!!!!!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MLBBoy123
Yo Admin, my last mock I got:
* A in IT
* C in Maths
* WT in Engineering
* D in English
* D in Additional Science
* B in RE
* B in Citizenship

Could you please help boost my grades up? Because I don't want to get C again in my GCSE. At Year 10, I did some GCSE, I got C in English Literature and Core Science which haunts me every day. I want to reach A*, A and B!!!!!!!!!!!

Great plan! :biggrin:
You can start your blog by making a new thread in the Grow your Grades forum, and ask for more specific help from there, as well as through visiting our study help forums :woo: I'd be happy to help in maths, English, science and RE :h:
Reply 338
hi for my AS levels I got CDD in Art, Spanish and English Literature.
I'm retaking everything (except art) and I'm SO nervous for English because there's so much to do! I'm now hoping for an
A- Spanish
B- Art
B- English Lit

I need these grades to be accepted to go to Queen's Belfast to study Architecture.
I want to achieve all A's at as, and after my mocks I'm going for 95%+ ums.

Maths A (98% in mocks)
Biology A (85% mock)
Chemistry (94% mock)
Physics (82% mock)
Further maths (88%)

I know this is good but I want to get he best I can and that still requires work :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending