The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aiko
Haha, this looks amazing. Any good? I ignored the anime as it seemed intended for children, but this video is making me intrigued. :giggle:

I really like it as an amusing, feel-good show, and the 3D animation for the dance scenes is very good as mentioned. :biggrin: The drawback of putting so much effort into the dancing is that it does re-use the same routines a fair bit, and other, minor characters' dances are usually animated in 2D, if at all. Major dance rivals get the 3D treatment, though. :yes:
(edited 9 years ago)
I voted in the movies category of the 2013 A-P anime awards (for Sakasama no Patema, Hal and Kaze Tachinu, in that order), since the threads are STILL open and no results have been posted. :awesome: Feel like a bit of a troll, but hopefully my infrequent bumping will result in some sort of answer eventually. :p:
(edited 9 years ago)
Finished 'The Devil is a part timer' a few days ago, might be the first show I've finished in 2015 (having started it last month.)

I enjoyed it, managed to stay pretty light and funny instead of going too sad/angsty.
Original post by Truered
Finished 'The Devil is a part timer' a few days ago, might be the first show I've finished in 2015 (having started it last month.)

I enjoyed it, managed to stay pretty light and funny instead of going too sad/angsty.

Yeah, I loved that anime; It was great

I haven't had much time to watch anime this year though, since I've got tons of studying to do :frown:
Love Live! The School Idol Movie releasing in Japan on June 13th. :biggrin:
Thanks to youtube I've discovered the existence of 'Usamou'

:nyoron:
Original post by Truered
Thanks to youtube I've discovered the existence of 'Usamou'

:nyoron:

I'm curious, Youtube and Google searches brought up nothing (anime-related, at least) for me. :confused:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'm curious, Youtube and Google searches brought up nothing (anime-related, at least) for me. :confused:

Umasou :nyoron:

Did you watch Patema Inverted btw?
Original post by Truered
Umasou :nyoron:

Did you watch Patema Inverted btw?

Ah yes. Haven't watched any of that myself, but ANN announced this morning that it's getting a second anime movie. Looks very cute. :redface:

I did watch Patema, and I can see what you meant. I enjoyed it, but the villain and his dystopia were a bit generic, and I'd have liked to have seen more character interactions/development from Patema and Age. I still voted it best of the three anime movies I've watched in A-P's (still open and probably dead) 2013 anime awards, the other two being Hal and The Wind Rises, all three of which were Christmas presents. :biggrin:

[EDIT] I stand corrected. All my bumping has finally resulted in someone counting the votes. Results should be out later tonight/tomorrow. :king1:
(edited 9 years ago)
...and here are the aforementioned results for Anime-Planet's 2013 Anime Awards. A resounding victory for Shin Sekai Yori!

I wonder how long it'll be before they start accepting nominations for 2014's series? :giggle:
So Anime-Planet now has '+1 episode' buttons for series marked as watching... apparently they were added with phone/tablet users in mind, but anything that lets me update my lists half a second faster is fine with me. :p:

I think A-P is the only website I've ever signed up to where the regular changes to the site are actually improvements. :mmm:

[EDIT] I like that said button shakes if you try to +1 a series you're already up to date with. :p:
(edited 9 years ago)
finished Death Note the other day, has got to be one of the most cleverest animes ive ever seen
[EDIT] I like that said button shakes if you try to +1 a series you're already up to date with. :p:

Hmm, I don't see that. Am I just blind or is it gone now? Maybe just a mobile thing?
Original post by hman1994
finished Death Note the other day, has got to be one of the most cleverest animes ive ever seen

After watching Deathnote, and trying to solve a problem, do you find yourself asking "What would L do?"... I've done it a couple of times... not worked :tongue:
Original post by xDave-
Hmm, I don't see that. Am I just blind or is it gone now? Maybe just a mobile thing?

I'm using a PC as always, and the site shows +ep buttons on my watching list. :dontknow:

They still shake, too, but I've got no way of screencapping that. :p:
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm using a PC as always, and the site shows +ep buttons on my watching list. :dontknow:

Ohhhh, just the watching list. Yeah I see it now! I generally just stay on the All tab as I'm still on one page :tongue:
Original post by Imperion
After watching Deathnote, and trying to solve a problem, do you find yourself asking "What would L do?"... I've done it a couple of times... not worked :tongue:

oh yes.. L has to got to be one of the smartest anime characters in history, i'd place him way above Shikamaru.
Original post by hman1994
oh yes.. L has to got to be one of the smartest anime characters in history, i'd place him way above Shikamaru.

L's the smartest I've seen so far. Others who can come near him are Light, Lelouch and Near from the anime I've watched.
Original post by Imperion
L's the smartest I've seen so far. Others who can come near him are Light, Lelouch and Near from the anime I've watched.

I'd consider Kiritsugu from Fate / Zero, one of the smartest characters as well
First reactions after episode one of Nichijou... What the **** did I just watch?
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest