The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2340
Original post by MrsSpector
Any news on MoFo, RPC or Cleary?

I was emailed by them yesterday post VRT to say they are reviewing apps and will be in touch between now and beginning of march
Original post by LawStudent30
Thank you for letting me know! Not heard of anyone hearing post-interview so maybe they respond after everyone has completed it? Who knows!

It is 1 minute yes- I found that a real shock as my other was 2 and like you said it makes a difference. Best of luck!

Best of luck with your application also! And thank you for the information.

Random question - was it ever cleared up if 11th Feb 00:00 means midnight of the 11th or midnight of the 10th? Ambiguous
Reply 2342
Has anyone completed the dwf video interview yet, just wondering whether it focuses on commercial awareness or it is more about personal experiences and the firm itself?
Original post by almvp
Has anyone completed the dwf video interview yet, just wondering whether it focuses on commercial awareness or it is more about personal experiences and the firm itself?

Hi,

It is more about yourself and the firm, fairly general. I did not get anything outright commercial. Hope that helps!
Reply 2344
Original post by MonkeymanC3
Hi,

It is more about yourself and the firm, fairly general. I did not get anything outright commercial. Hope that helps!

Thank you, that helps a lot! Do you think yours went well? I am doing mine tomorrow
Original post by almvp
Thank you, that helps a lot! Do you think yours went well? I am doing mine tomorrow

I think it went okay. Not brilliant, but I was not kicking myself afterwards, unlike previous interviews.

Anyway, it is very general, there will be nothing that will really catch you out, so you'll do great!

Good luck!!

I'm waiting on MoFo too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone applied to Bristows workshop? Either spring or summer?

Cleary, if you haven't heard back then assume PFO as they have already had their AC. They send PFO's by post.

MoFo, they are still in partner review stage. Expect to hear back in the next week or two.
Reply 2349
Original post by almvp
I was emailed by them yesterday post VRT to say they are reviewing apps and will be in touch between now and beginning of march

As was I. I wonder if there are interviews in March as well as next week.
Reply 2350
Original post by LawTC
As was I. I wonder if there are interviews in March as well as next week.

I am sure there will be more interviews otherwise they would not have went to the trouble to email us, they surely would have kept silence until sending rejections.
Reply 2351
Original post by MonkeymanC3
I think it went okay. Not brilliant, but I was not kicking myself afterwards, unlike previous interviews.

Anyway, it is very general, there will be nothing that will really catch you out, so you'll do great!

Good luck!!

Ok thank you for reassuring me, I will get it done tomorrow and hope for the best.

Good luck!
Original post by almvp
I am sure there will be more interviews otherwise they would not have went to the trouble to email us, they surely would have kept silence until sending rejections.

Did you apply for a spring or summer vac?
Reply 2353
Original post by zenstars
Thank you! :smile: Yeah I heard back. I got rejected unfortunately. Haha the offer from Slaughters and the rejection from Ashurst came just 10 minutes apart :tongue:

Brilliant that you got some good news! How long after your interview did they reject you? and was it by email or phone call? Sorry for all the questions!!
Reply 2354
Did you apply for a spring or summer vac?

I applied for the summer vac, you?
Original post by unluckyinlaw1
Firstly, well done on securing a vac scheme with Mishcon de Reya. However, I don't think it is true that those who applied in January don't have a chance at getting an A/C with the firm. If someone makes an excellent application and the firm likes them, they have a chance of being interviewed - regardless of whether they applied in January or end of November. Yes, competition for those remaining spots will be tough, but MDR are unlikely to turn away someone they really like just because they applied January 10th.

Without being offensive (and this is just my opinion), I wouldn't trust the opinion of someone who has just made one application the entire vacation scheme cycle. As much as everybody has their 'dream' firm - and we are told to choose quality over quantity - to put all your eggs in one basket is a massive risk.

But ultimately it is your personal commentary on the process and it is good that you have contributed your experience with us, so thank you.

I am not making any assumptions or affirmative statements about mishcon's recruitment process. I commented to be of some help to those still waiting, having been in that position myself before. I am sure that they will interview all those that they like, regardless of when they applied, however they do recruit on a rolling basis as they say and so it would be a shame for people to get their hopes up if nothing materialised! I hoe anything I said was useful as opposed to otherwise, and if not it can always be ignored rather than picked apart! Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Has anyone heard from Clyde & Co or Ince & Co?
Just prepping for the DWF Video Interview now...sigh...what a fun way to spend Saturday.
Original post by canoepop
Just prepping for the DWF Video Interview now...sigh...what a fun way to spend Saturday.

I know the feeling :s-smilie: doing the same for DLA Piper.
Original post by Chianti1
I know the feeling :s-smilie: doing the same for DLA Piper.

At least we know we're not the only ones! I hope it pays off for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending