The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SampleX
Is anyone taking Physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me, r u?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiera28
Guys as were picking A Level now could anyone help.... do you think Literature, RS (Philosophy modules), Politics A Levels and Art AS would be okay for law at a top uni with good grades? Will having a soft AS matter? And that they aren't varied??Confused :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there, I'm in a similar boat with my options. I'm not sure about law but I think those options show a very well rounded individual and the politics is a good choice for law. And in terms of soft subjects, I'm doing music to AS and I don't think that universities particularly mind about it - but then again, I'm not sure how competitive law is.

Sorry if this is the most unhelpful answer ever but the upshot is, I'm aiming for Cambridge with similar options to yours (Chinese, Philosophy and Ethics, English Language and AS Music) so I hope we'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where ma language A-level buddies at
*Jumps into thread*

Helloooo guys I am so stressed about my A-Level options. I have chosen Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Spanish. Spanish is by far my strongest subject (A*). I am doing double science so ofc during the hols I will have to (panic about results) bridge the gap between the unit I missed. I still have time to change and I am thinking about changing chem to pyschology.

I am really stressed because the state school in which I go to, is really good but not many people will achieve A-A* grades at AS/A levels (Around 20%). From the stories of past students, a lot of people have failed (gotten E's) in physics and maths and these are some of the smartest students in my school.

I am so panicked that I will fail physics and maths if I take them, my physics is amazing and I really am interested in the study of physics (And maths kinda). Unfortunately my maths grade is atmo b/a.

I need to focus on revising but i AM SO worried and stressed and ugh and life and ugh and ugh and ugh and ugh and ugh and ugh *cries forever*
Original post by hysterialoretta
*Jumps into thread*

Helloooo guys I am so stressed about my A-Level options. I have chosen Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Spanish. Spanish is by far my strongest subject (A*). I am doing double science so ofc during the hols I will have to (panic about results) bridge the gap between the unit I missed. I still have time to change and I am thinking about changing chem to pyschology.

I am really stressed because the state school in which I go to, is really good but not many people will achieve A-A* grades at AS/A levels (Around 20%). From the stories of past students, a lot of people have failed (gotten E's) in physics and maths and these are some of the smartest students in my school.

I am so panicked that I will fail physics and maths if I take them, my physics is amazing and I really am interested in the study of physics (And maths kinda). Unfortunately my maths grade is atmo b/a.

I need to focus on revising but i AM SO worried and stressed and ugh and life and ugh and ugh and ugh and ugh and ugh and ugh *cries forever*

Its harsh but the people who got Es probably did not try very hard. Even if you have a bad teacher, you can self teach a lot of maths. If you try hard you should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImagineCats

I'm here ^-^

Here :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)

Here :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Steliata
I'm here ^-^

Original post by xx_lofsuburbia
Here :wink:

Ahh, so many beautiful people in one chat <3 :tongue:

Which languages are you guys taking? I'm doing German :danceboy:
Anyone doing edexcel B geography GCSE atm? Stuck on the methodology for my coursework- what's the problems, limitations and risk assessments? They're all the same thing right?????? ARGH
Anyone doing edexcel B geography GCSE atm? Stuck on the methodology for my coursework- what's the problems, limitations and risk assessments? They're all the same thing right?????? ARGH

What's your coursework topic?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FatimaHere
What's your coursework topic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's on the coast, so shiz like groyne/beach profiles and bi-polar analysis

Spanish for definite, and possibly French :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chinese, heheheh

SwiftKey (the keyboard I use on my phone) just added Chinese support so I'm pretty happy right now :biggrin:
Hey guysss :biggrin: I'm also new to this website, but I've used it many times for homework help. Let's hope that we get through this year and get all of the good grades we need :tongue:
Original post by Steliata
Chinese, heheheh

SwiftKey (the keyboard I use on my phone) just added Chinese support so I'm pretty happy right now :biggrin:

Im so jealous! I wish my school did more languages, they only offer French, German and Spanish :mad: I'm doing French and German right now, but I want to do more!
Original post by xx_lofsuburbia
Spanish for definite, and possibly French :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wohey double languages! I'm doing French&German right now. Quite done with French in all honesty! Haha, I envy you for doing two languages though. If I had a 5th I'd probably take French:colondollar: ouioui honhon
Original post by Lauren-x-
Hey guysss :biggrin: I'm also new to this website, but I've used it many times for homework help. Let's hope that we get through this year and get all of the good grades we need :tongue:

Hey! Welcome to the coolest thread going :tongue: What are you choosing to take for next year? + What GCSEs are you doing?
I'm currently doing additional science, English lit+lang, ICT, RE, Maths, French, German and geography :biggrin: Next year I want to do biology, psychology, German and geography :biggrin:
Anyone else do ocr art(or photography - do both) what theme did you lot pick for the exam?

Latest