The Student Room Group

Chemguide a level

Will the website them guide help me to get an A at the end of AS?
Chemguide is useful to use as extra revision notes but it is also useful to make your own. I used it and it helped to have more than one set of notes to revise from:smile:
Original post by Justme:-)
Chemguide is useful to use as extra revision notes but it is also useful to make your own. I used it and it helped to have more than one set of notes to revise from:smile:

But why do I need to use other sources when them guide covers everything in depth and beyond A-level . surely that will get me an A
Original post by candykissesxox
But why do I need to use other sources when them guide covers everything in depth and beyond A-level . surely that will get me an A

Not necessarily, it does go beyond A-level but this could be a little confusing as to what you need to focus on revising and it also shows certain methods of working things out when you might find it much easier in a different way. Have you got the CGP revision book? because that is also very good.
Making your own notes as well as using the ones already made for you could help you to revise and remember things.
Chemguide alone could potentially be all you need, but personally I like to have more resources to be sure and so that I feel more prepared. I wouldn't just rely on only that:smile:
Not necessarily, it does go beyond A-level but this could be a little confusing as to what you need to focus on revising and it also shows certain methods of working things out when you might find it much easier in a different way. Have you got the CGP revision book? because that is also very good.
Making your own notes as well as using the ones already made for you could help you to revise and remember things.
Chemguide alone could potentially be all you need, but personally I like to have more resources to be sure and so that I feel more prepared. I wouldn't just rely on only that:smile:

ok thank you very much!
Reply 5
Will the website them guide help me to get an A at the end of AS?

It's a really good website for explaining some concepts, however for revision purposes chemrevise is more concise, it got me an A at AS! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr234
It's a really good website for explaining some concepts, however for revision purposes chemrevise is more concise, it got me an A at AS! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have used chemrevise but i'm just so confused, he does not really explain things. Like how do i revise chemistry
Reply 7
I have used chemrevise but i'm just so confused, he does not really explain things. Like how do i revise chemistry

Which board are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr234
Which board are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

aqa
Reply 9
aqa

Ah same. Have you tried watching Tywin Lannister's chem videos? He explains things really well and you could use them as a supplement to the notes on chemrevise.:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr234
Ah same. Have you tried watching Tywin Lannister's chem videos? He explains things really well and you could use them as a supplement to the notes on chemrevise.:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will try that. Just wondering is it too late for me to start revising for my chef exam ?
Reply 11
I will try that. Just wondering is it too late for me to start revising for my chef exam ?

It's still very early don't worry you have plenty of time! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
what i do is i use chemnotes its much more simple + i add my class notes to the chemnotes stuff so i know it covers everything
then i bring my CGP revision guide in class so if i'm confused or if the teacher doesnt explain it well i can read a paragraph and understand it and also sound smart when the teacher asks questions about things we havent learnt yet lol x)

edit: i didn't know Tywin Lannister made a level chemistry videos lol
(edited 9 years ago)
Not necessarily, it does go beyond A-level but this could be a little confusing as to what you need to focus on revising and it also shows certain methods of working CHemthings out when you might find it much easier in a different way. Have you got the CGP revision book? because that is also very good.

Chemguide is literally all you need I gave my a levels last year and got an A* in chemistry. Also re reading notes is worthless and that has been proven. The best way is to have a go at questions which test your understanding .

Quick Reply

Latest