The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GeorgiaMeghan
Hi, I think you were in my group haha. I think it went well, I just want to know if we've got places now, not mid March! I applied for Worcester, South Wales, Cardiff, UWE and Bangor x

Haha good luck xx
Reply 1641
Original post by Hero-H
Interview for Nottingham on the 11th of Feb - anyone else? :smile:

Hey, good luck!

I have mine on the 18th,

How have you been preparing for yours?

Let me know how it goes,

Nini :smile:
Original post by Nini15
Hey, good luck!

I have mine on the 18th,

Let me know how it goes,

Hey, I have an interview for Nottingham on the 18th for children's nursing! Guess I'll see you there :smile:
Reply 1643
Original post by alice_c_97
Hey, I have an interview for Nottingham on the 18th for children's nursing! Guess I'll see you there :smile:

Hi!

Will do!

Hope it goes well!

Nini :redface:
Original post by Nini15
Hey, good luck!

I have mine on the 18th,

Let me know how it goes,

Hey Nini - Best of luck!

Feel free to PM me following my interview on the 11th and I can give you some guidance on how it went!

I've not doing anything specific to prepare except re-reading of key documents including Berwick, Francis and the NHS Compassion in Practice reports.

:smile:
Reply 1645
Original post by Hero-H
Hey Nini - Best of luck!

Feel free to PM me following my interview on the 11th and I can give you some guidance on how it went!

I've not doing anything specific to prepare except re-reading of key documents including Berwick, Francis and the NHS Compassion in Practice reports.

:smile:

That'll be great! Thank you so much!

Sounds like you'll do really well!

Where else have you applied for?

Original post by Nini15
That'll be great! Thank you so much!

Sounds like you'll do really well!

Where else have you applied for?

Southampton for two courses which I have offers for, Edinburgh and UEA - I'm going to withdraw though as my firm choice will be between Southampton and Nottingham!

Thanks for your confidence - my last interview went atrociously bad so was surprised to get an offer but I was lucky I guess!

How about yourself?!
Reply 1647
Original post by Hero-H
Southampton for two courses which I have offers for, Edinburgh and UEA - I'm going to withdraw though as my firm choice will be between Southampton and Nottingham!

Thanks for your confidence - my last interview went atrociously bad so was surprised to get an offer but I was lucky I guess!

How about yourself?!

Yay! Congratulations on the offers!

Couldn't have been that bad- otherwise you wouldn't have gotten an offer! :wink:

My first choice is Nottingham then it's BCU (had the interview on Thursday, yet to hear back from them) and then three in London which I'm going to withdraw from as it's hopefully going to be between Nottingham and BCU! :smile:
Original post by Nini15
Yay! Congratulations on the offers!

Couldn't have been that bad- otherwise you wouldn't have gotten an offer! :wink:

My first choice is Nottingham then it's BCU (had the interview on Thursday, yet to hear back from them) and then three in London which I'm going to withdraw from as it's hopefully going to be between Nottingham and BCU! :smile:

Haha thank you! :smile:

It did go badly, just probably not as badly as others who applied haha but I'm grateful for the offer nonetheless.

Ahh yes - I've not yet seen Nottingham so if I like it at my interview (more so than Southampton) and I actually manage to get an offer then it may be my firm choice but this is all speculation atm.

Best of luck - hopefully you'll get your offers - which branch have you applied for?
Congrats to all of you getting interviews and securing conditional/unconditional places!

i was wondering if someone can give me a brief idea of why there is a shortage in the NHS of a permanent workforce of staff currently? (hence an increase in agency staff uptake) Is it something to do with cuts in training places? thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Blue-Shoes
Congrats to all of you getting interviews and securing conditional/unconditional places!

i was wondering if someone can give me a brief idea of why there is a shortage in the NHS of a permanent workforce of staff currently? (hence an increase in agency staff uptake) Is it something to do with cuts in training places? thanks!

Hey Blue-Shoes!

A very good question! I'll give you my take on the issues:

- There has been a decrease in training places being commissioned by HEE, I'll give you one example in the East Midlands where the regional commissioners are no longer commissioning the MNurSci course at Nottingham which whilst only a very small course is going to inevitably lead to less student nurses coming out of Nottingham (unless of course, the University offset that by increasing the places on their other programmes which would be subject to HEE's approval)

- There aren't many reliable statistics on this I'm afraid but to my knowledge quite a few nursing staff have left the NHS due to pressures and increasing demands (and some have retired) but some trusts have not filled these positions and have just frozen them. It does appear however that there are a substantial number of unfilled vacancies (a search on NHS jobs will substantiate that!)

Unfortunately the political dimension of the NHS means that the future of the NHS is largely dependent on who forms the next government. Labour have committed to a time to care fund, for example which will hopefully try and bridge that gap we have currently but if training places are decreasing then I have fears that the gap will only widen. It's a complex issue and I don't think any one isolated issue is the cause.
Has anyone been invited back to Southampton to re-do the Maths and English test to improve scores? x
Original post by BellaPembers
Has anyone been invited back to Southampton to re-do the Maths and English test to improve scores? x

Omg I was one mark from passing my maths test at bcu I wish I could resit that but I was told I can't :frown:
Reply 1653
anyone else get an offer from bournemouth? :smile:
Reply 1654
Original post by Hero-H
Haha thank you! :smile:

It did go badly, just probably not as badly as others who applied haha but I'm grateful for the offer nonetheless.

Ahh yes - I've not yet seen Nottingham so if I like it at my interview (more so than Southampton) and I actually manage to get an offer then it may be my firm choice but this is all speculation atm.

Best of luck - hopefully you'll get your offers - which branch have you applied for?

Nottingham was the best place I visited, personally! If not at least you've got your Southampton offer to fall back on! :smile: But hopefully you will.

Thanks so much! Same to you :P -Child branch :smile:
Original post by epm97

I have a conditional offer from Bournemouth September intake :smile:
Anyone else got an offer for Surrey??
Original post by charlotteemilyw
Anyone else got an offer for Surrey??

I do! For child nursing :smile:
Original post by kirstyboobyer
Uni of glasgow☺

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did it go? I have mine coming up fairly soon but glasgow didn't email me. ucas did, is that fine
Original post by epm97

Me, but I think I'm going to put it as my insurance :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending